Nude Beaches

lordfarquat

Really Really Experienced
Of course there are plenty worldwide that one can find online, but the internet is full of fake news, poor information, and confirmation bias. Why not start a database of places that people here in Lit have been to/know of to recommend to other Lit people? Feel free to contribute!

California, USA
Pirate's Cove: Next to Avila Beach outside of San Luis Obispo; a short hike but a beautiful little cove

Of course there are plenty worldwide that one can find online, but the internet is full of fake news, poor information, and confirmation bias. Why not start a database of places that people here in Lit have been to/know of to recommend to other Lit people? Feel free to contribute!

California, USA
Pirate's Cove: Next to Avila Beach outside of San Luis Obispo; a short hike but a beautiful little cove

Funny, that's the only one I've been to.

Beechgrove Beach, Toronto
This beach is at the eastern edge of the Scarborough Bluffs, about 100 metres east of the parking lot at the foot of Beechgrove Avenue. Most people wait to take their clothes off until they’re well west of the point. Be careful when walking on city beaches—broken glass buried in the sand is an unfortunate danger, so always wear your shoes.

Hanlan’s Point, Toronto Island
This is one of only two officially legal clothing-optional beaches in Canada (the other is in Vancouver), and only portions of the beach are designated, so keep an eye on the signs. Hanlan’s Point is somewhat less developed than Centre Island, so pack a picnic and plenty of water. (And again—don’t forget the sunscreen!) To get there, take the Hanlan’s Point ferry from the Toronto Ferry Docks at the foot of Bay Street.

Port Burwell Provincial Park, Lake Erie
The clothing-optional area is west of the official park boundary, which has a busy day-use area with plenty of clothed swimmers. Walk 15 minutes west from parking lot 5, and you’ll cross over onto private land, where nude sunbathing and swimming is OK. (Just don’t get frisky—this isn’t the place to re-enact that watery kissing scene in From Here to Eternity.)

Sandbanks Provincial Park, Trenton/Belleville
There are lots of signs posting against nudity, but the western end of the west sector of the beach has been unofficially clothing-optional for many years. Walk a few hundred metres west of the parking lot, and chances are you won’t run into many people who aren’t there for the same reason you are.

Topless is legal throughout Ontario. Rare to see even at beaches though.

Last edited:
Just below the University of British Columbia and near some of the most expensive real estate in the Pacific NorthWest, you will find Wreck Beach.

Thanks for the contributions. Feel free to keep it going. If anyone knows of any in Europe in particular, I am selfishly interested.

Blacks Beach just North of San Diego, California. Park at the Glider Port. It is a long climb down a trail on a very tall, vertical cliff. Then walk a bit North, further North and you will find a gay area.

Blacks Beach just North of San Diego, California. Park at the Glider Port. It is a long climb down a trail on a very tall, vertical cliff. Then walk a bit North, further North and you will find a gay area.

Agree. Blacks Beach is one of my favorite spots in CA.

Port Burwell Provincial Park, Lake Erie
The clothing-optional area is west of the official park boundary, which has a busy day-use area with plenty of clothed swimmers. Walk 15 minutes west from parking lot 5, and you’ll cross over onto private land, where nude sunbathing and swimming is OK. (Just don’t get frisky—this isn’t the place to re-enact that watery kissing scene in From Here to Eternity.)
I've been to this one!

Before I knew it was a nude beach, I was running early one morning along the shore and saw this true vision of Bo Derek walking toward me in the morning mist. As I got closer she was obviously wonderfully nude, and I was obviously completely surprised. She just smiled and winked as I ran by.

It was absolutely charming.

Apollo Beach, in FL along the Canaveral National Seashore, at least used to be a clothing optional beach. It's a gorgeous stretch of sand, worth visiting regardless of your interest in beachwear.

(I've not been there for at least a decade, so neither of these characterizations may be true at this point.)

20157335_1620297621314441_6478777933000663244_o.jpg

I'd guess that this place is clothing optional, and a bit nicer than the beach.

California, USA

Funny, that's the only one I've been to.

There's one a little further south in Carpinteria.

For me (in the NYC area), Gunnison Beach at Sandy Hook is a fantastic and popular option that I frequent during the summer. Only 30 mins by ferry from the city, or else an easy drive for those coming by car.

I've been to two that were mentioned so far: Gunnison Beach at Sandy Hook (New Jersey) and Blacks Beach near San Diego.

Not yet mentioned: Haulover Beach, in Miami FLA.

Geology Field Trip

1983 or 84 my geology class did a field trip to some excellent fossil bearing outcrops. The hike down the beach was stunningly beautiful!

Last year, my wife and i were on vacation at a Florida resort on the gulf. We decided to splurge for a suite with a private balcony on the top floor of the hotel. We took advantage of the privacy by laying around on the balcony completely naked. One afternoon, we decided to be both lazy and horny. We laid in the double wide chaise lounger drinking wine and slowly pleasuring eachother. And while it was a very pleasurable afternoon, we later realized that we neglected to use proper sunscreen. And when certain body parts, that don't normally see the sun, get prolonged exposure, the results are not very comfortable.
We have talked about going to a nude beach, one day. When that day comes, There's one mistake we won't make twice,

Last edited:
Agree. Blacks Beach is one of my favorite spots in CA.

Not the easiest place to get to and a beautiful area but I've made the trek twice without feeling comfortable enough given the number of gawkers hanging around.

Avila and Santa Cruz

I've been to Pirate's Cove many times, I still go 2-3 times per year. I've also been to Bonny Doon just north of Santa Cruz a few times.

Pirates is a beautiful beach with a lot of friendly people. It's amazing that it's usually about 10 degrees warmer than the more popular Pismo Beach, which is just a few miles south. It has about a 60% men to 40% women ratio with almost everyone completely nude in the southern half of the beach. The northern section is usually non nude with a few topless women. I've met many people there and had some great conversations and afternoons. I usually go alone, but I've also been there with an ex-girlfriend and with a buddy. Yes, the hike from the parking lot to the beach take about 10 minutes, but it's well worth the walk.

Bonny Doon is nice but it can be a little too cool when the winds pick up. When I was there about ten years ago I recall some large rocks about 4-5 feet tall that split the nude section in half and provided some privacy. When I was there last year the rocks were gone. Does anyone know what happened there?

Back