Vintage 40 Prime THREE

Good afternoon {{{{Shagly}}}} :kiss: Nice to see you sweetie. So any pool and partner in your area for skinny dipping? :devil:

Have a great evening.

We snuck over to a neighbors pool at 2:00 A.M.

No evidence was left.

Good afternoon {{{NF}}}} I hear you about the heat and humidity just making one feel grubby.
I too miss the shower time with someone special. Still they are good memories. :devil:

Have a great one.

I keep hoping to find a time machine. Every day I "replay the tapes" in my memory about what I could have done differently to preserve different relationships that have gone by the wayside. I often have dreams about that but without the time machine; I just magically find myself headed off to see someone who I have not been with for two or even twenty years.

There is the fear that at my age there is no one left out there for me. Then again I remember feeling that way in the late 1990's just before I got to know the woman who turned out to be the best lover of my life. The hope may be forlorn but it is still there buried under the frustration and the grim determination with which I face life's other challenges. Perhaps the best really is still to come.

72 Deg. F. here all day, I washed a quilt and put it on the clothes line to dry and it is still moist.

well if it rains over night think of it as a fabric softener treatment. :D

98 with gusts to 25 MPH here, so It would dry quickly. 30% humidity though. It was my first day back to work in 29 days. Different Job, different unit and a very different environment. And I signed My official retirement papers so YAHOO They will be cutting me orders in the next week. Even my "Transition technician" said "WOW! Sergeant Major you bin in dee Army Long Time" Little Filipino lady.

98 with gusts to 25 MPH here, so It would dry quickly. 30% humidity though. It was my first day back to work in 29 days. Different Job, different unit and a very different environment. And I signed My official retirement papers so YAHOO They will be cutting me orders in the next week. Even my "Transition technician" said "WOW! Sergeant Major you bin in dee Army Long Time" Little Filipino lady.

Woohoo!

A taste of Texas style rains.

Nothing like sudden 50 MPH winds kicking up while sitting on a metal covered porch with cloud to ground and cloud to cloud lightning all over then there was that torential down pour with marble sized hail hitting that roof.

The dog made a dive to get inside and crawl under the bed.
That lasted for 15 Min.

We had thunder for a good 10 minutes, not phasing the cats. However, a jet went over and momma cat rushed under the bed.

Nice, are you starting a new career # 2 when they issue the DD-214?

Civilian boot camp instructor, I am surprised that job has not been outsourced.

Sarge, you would make a hell of a drill instructor.

Fall out of the bunks at 0400 Hrs., 4 Min shower, spit shine shoes, make bunks and be on the marching grinder at 0415.

Last edited:
We had thunder for a good 10 minutes, not phasing the cats. However, a jet went over and momma cat rushed under the bed.

I heard something break the sound barrier after it was raining for 5 Min.

I thought it was a longggggggg electrical discharge.

Hi all :)
Well I haven't been working on a pool but I have just about finished my latest project.
I guess once I put it on the river it could be considered a swimming platform soooo..
I guess I could go skinny dipping in the river now...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1468122935570-600x708.jpg
    FB_IMG_1468122935570-600x708.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice drifter Rod. I was out yesterday and after two hours of nothing the bass turned on for about 15 min and I bagged four..then back to nothing.

We got hit by a storm about 1100 last night. Lighting, thunder and drenching down pour for about two hours.

Well I haven't been working on a pool but I have just about finished my latest project.
I guess once I put it on the river it could be considered a swimming platform soooo..

Nice pontoon boat, there is even a deck to get a tan on.

Nice pontoon boat, there is even a deck to get a tan on.

Yeah it will have a sundeck on the back above the engine , fuel tank and storage cabinets.
My special order sun deck pads haven't been delivered yet.
I rebuilt it from bare pontoons up. It has a 4 channel sound system that's Blue Tooth enabled too so I can stream Jimmy Buffet Pandora channel through it. It has under deck and under seat programable colored LED mood lighting. Oh and am installing a solar charging system on top of the roof to keep the batteries topped off.

Nice drifter Rod. I was out yesterday and after two hours of nothing the bass turned on for about 15 min and I bagged four..then back to nothing.

We got hit by a storm about 1100 last night. Lighting, thunder and drenching down pour for about two hours.
We had a storm roll through on Friday.
Wow short window Ox. Glad you were there for it. I haven't been fishing for months. My Mrs. decided I should work on getting our boat redone instead of taking a vacation to celebrate her recovery.
I may have gone a little overboard but she loves it already and we haven't even gotten it in the water yet lol. ...

W00T W00T!!!!!!
Congrats!!

The landlords finally showed up for the rent and brought a new lease good only for 6 months with the news that in 6 months I have to be gone. They are selling the house.

So in 6 months I may be homeless or living out of my truck unless someone can figure out a way to help me. I shot a post on Facebook and then a text to a director friend who works for my local Congressman. He has me stopping by tomorrow to talk and see if we can set up a game plan. I got told not to worry they'd make sure I was ok.

I'm so freaking scared it's not funny. I've lived here over half my life. Plus add in the shoulder pain and the heat index inside is over 105 and even with ice packs, cold showers, and drinks (over a bottle of Powerade a day) I'm very floaty.

The landlords finally showed up for the rent and brought a new lease good only for 6 months with the news that in 6 months I have to be gone. They are selling the house.

So in 6 months I may be homeless or living out of my truck unless someone can figure out a way to help me. I shot a post on Facebook and then a text to a director friend who works for my local Congressman. He has me stopping by tomorrow to talk and see if we can set up a game plan. I got told not to worry they'd make sure I was ok.

I'm so freaking scared it's not funny. I've lived here over half my life. Plus add in the shoulder pain and the heat index inside is over 105 and even with ice packs, cold showers, and drinks (over a bottle of Powerade a day) I'm very floaty.

That sucks about having to move. Maybe it will all be for the best since it sounds like you might be getting some help. Hopefully they can help find you a place with AC!

One of the few places where I have never made love with a woman is on a boat or raft. If only I could find a woman to initiate me into that pleasure then I would make the very most of it. :devil:

One of the few places where I have never made love with a woman is on a boat or raft. If only I could find a woman to initiate me into that pleasure then I would make the very most of it. :devil:

It is a good experience..

So in 6 months I may be homeless or living out of my truck unless someone can figure out a way to help me...

I have never actually been completely homeless but it has come very close. The night mares of it wake me up screaming every now and then.

One time when I was still young I moved back in with my parents. It sounds like your family situation is similar to mine so it is easy to understand why you are not seriously thinking about doing that.

The next time I reached an understanding with a woman who I had formerly been planning to marry. She has everything except cash so I room with her and help with bills.

I see that rents are sky rocketing and it is frightening to think how difficult it would be to find a decent place on my own at this point. I sure hope that you can get some real help from your Congressman beyond, "Here are housing ads from the newspaper for you to work with."

*hugs*
Take slow deep breathes and have faith that something better will come along just for you. I know, I've been there, was looking at living in my van with three small children.

This sucks. The Congressman's team doesn't think there is anything they can do to help because I am the crack in the system. They are making a couple calls to recheck but it don't look good at all.

This has been one of those mornings I can't stop crying and I want to throw up. Part is the heat & the shoulder pain but the stress is getting to be more then I can handle. I need to just get some caffeine and some AC so I can think and focus. I've got to figure out a game plan beyond just throwing what little I own into a bon fire & saying screw this. :eek:

Deep breaths Starry. You have some, albeit a very small amount, of time. I'm sure the more you look around and ask different agencies an answer will come up. For someone that gives as much as you do there must be folks out there that are willing to help out.

Deep breaths Starry. You have some, albeit a very small amount, of time. I'm sure the more you look around and ask different agencies an answer will come up. For someone that gives as much as you do there must be folks out there that are willing to help out.

A couple years ago when the slumlords and the eejit up front started ganging up on me I put my name on the Sec 8 and HUD lists for help. No one, even my LEO community guys could find anything more then those lists that I qualified for. So it's been wait. Even when I needed a ride to surgery or any help after there's 3 of my lady veterans who know I exist... Your honey is one of the 3. They scare me cause it's like being a ghost walking around and no one but the 3 even see me. One of them just dropped a basket with some canned food in it I sent home with her 2 months ago to get thru until I could get her & her dogs adopted out for food this session of college. The rest only see me when they want something... Minus my older wingladies Miss V the WWII Wave and Miss J.

A couple years ago when the slumlords and the eejit up front started ganging up on me I put my name on the Sec 8 and HUD lists for help. No one, even my LEO community guys could find anything more then those lists that I qualified for. So it's been wait. Even when I needed a ride to surgery or any help after there's 3 of my lady veterans who know I exist... Your honey is one of the 3. They scare me cause it's like being a ghost walking around and no one but the 3 even see me. One of them just dropped a basket with some canned food in it I sent home with her 2 months ago to get thru until I could get her & her dogs adopted out for food this session of college. The rest only see me when they want something... Minus my older wingladies Miss V the WWII Wave and Miss J.

Wish there was a way for me to help you out Starry. :rose::rose::rose:
I may have a spare bedroom in a few weeks when my boy moves out again but I'm on the wrong side of the country and I think it probably gets to cold for you here in the winter. Keep your chin up. You've got Angels listening to you so put them to work and you'll find something soon...

Check in with the sec 8 people, see where you are on the list. Perhaps the upcoming homeless status can bump you closer to the top. Also a lot of the 'senior' communities that have subsidized rates also take handicap with the same income based rates.

Back