The Official Fashion Fairy Thread

That's not cord, it's seersucker, which is actually even worse than cord. Seersucker is that kind of puckered cotton that the tablecloths are made from at Grandma's family picnic.

t_c___cvc_yarn_dyed_seersucker.jpg

futurama-fry-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-you-re-a-dick-or-just-a-dick-d9d152.jpg

Fashion Fairy... I have a question. Well, not me, but a friend of mine. :eek: She asked me to post this:

"So... I live in, let's say, New Zealand. Yes. That will work. Okay, my fashion sense is questionable. I see those shoes you wear and I say that I don't like them. I wanted to cut my hair like a Neo Nazi. I sometimes wear my Teen Wolf jacket with a dress. Bad fashion sense, right?

But after spending over a year being exposed to Pmann's stylish ways, I'm really forced to admit that he is right; his fashion sense is impeccable. His shoes make my girly bits tingle more than a Hugh Jackman/Christian Bale twosome. I have sort of gone so far into making fun of his style, it's hard to admit that I don't love his fashion as much as I adore him.

Any advice?

Cheers,

RS"

Please respond to her soon, pmann. :eek:
Dear,
Nothing could make one's girly bits tingle more than a Hugh Jackman/Christian Bale twosome.

Just. Not. Possible.

Today's fashion rant:

TOMS. I've bitched about these before. Oh my god those shoes are fuckin' terrible. If you wear TOMS and you are reading this, then I am sorry. I am sorry you subject your feet to such horrid shoes with such shitty support. It's like wearing a fucking tissue around your foot.

TOMS-shoes-thumb-435x251-117782.jpg

Holy shit those are ugly. Fuck my eyes with a razor blade to dull the pain, please.

Now, TOMS has this deal where, if you buy their ugly shoes, they will also give a pair of ugly shoes to a needy kid, which is very nice. (It would be nicer if you gave the needy kid a pair of shoes that didn't make him look like an idiot, but I recognize philanthropy when I see it.) I mentioned this, before, as well. I want to have a line of shoes called PMANNS. Basically, for every pair you buy, we hunt down a hipster, steal his TOMS and burn them. Think of the good you would do. For every pair of PMANNS, a hipster would lose their god awful shoes. Amazing, right?

Currently something like this, but mine have laces. Crocs are comfortable, but I'd never go outside of the house in them

Currently something like this, but mine have laces. Crocs are comfortable, but I'd never go outside of the house in them

Are those crocs? Or Mephistos? Mephisto makes a comfortable shoe, which actually look quite nice now. They used to look so ugly, but they are quite nice now. Kind of pricey, but definitely worth it, though I have never owned a pair.

Crocs are good for house wear I hear. I've never worn a pair, but I suspect they are comfy. The ones you posted, if they are Crocs, look pretty nice.

I love this pic:

Screen-shot-2011-03-29-at-10.45.39-PM.png

Today's "feat" of greatness (god I'm amazing):

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic__zps2ac3719e.jpg.html

I'm curious as to what I could possibly get made fun of for this outfit. But, Rainshine will find a way. Where there's a will, there's a gay. Or something like that.

But I have on jeans. JEANS!!!! Look at me, all casual and stuff. But this is about the most Rainshine approved thing I could come up with today. So, we shall see what she says.

They are Crocs, and quite comfortable, but I wouldn't want to drop a sledge hammer on my toe while wearing them.

Today's "feat" of greatness (god I'm amazing):

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic__zps2ac3719e.jpg.html

I'm curious as to what I could possibly get made fun of for this outfit. But, Rainshine will find a way. Where there's a will, there's a gay. Or something like that.

But I have on jeans. JEANS!!!! Look at me, all casual and stuff. But this is about the most Rainshine approved thing I could come up with today. So, we shall see what she says.

Very nice Pmann and very classy. The class is just overwhelming. I might need to go lie down now.

They are Crocs, and quite comfortable, but I wouldn't want to drop a sledge hammer on my toe while wearing them.

Um is there every a scenario when you would want to drop a sledge hammer on your toe? I would think that wouldn't be good even in a pair of OSHA approved work boots.

This makes me think of a story (shuddup Rainshine):

One day I was my parents' place helping them with some landscaping. We pulled up a bunch of bushes and some of them had deep roots. I had on flip flops and a couple of people commented that, if I was going to be chopping roots with a hatchet, perhaps I should change shoes. I told them I was fine and I could chop with accuracy.

Well, I hit a root, the hatchet ricocheted off and hit my big toe. It hurt like crazy! I was bleeding everywhere. But did I make a sound? Nope. Not one peep. A minute or two later I walked off, bleeding like a shark bitten seal, and went and sat by the pool. I thought I was going to pass out it hurt so badly.

I cleaned it off and went back, never saying a word. I clearly should've gotten stitches, as a hatchet will hurt your toesies pretty badly. Later some people commented on my limp. I didn't tell anyone for a couple of days.

This makes me think of a story (shuddup Rainshine):

One day I was my parents' place helping them with some landscaping. We pulled up a bunch of bushes and some of them had deep roots. I had on flip flops and a couple of people commented that, if I was going to be chopping roots with a hatchet, perhaps I should change shoes. I told them I was fine and I could chop with accuracy.

Well, I hit a root, the hatchet ricocheted off and hit my big toe. It hurt like crazy! I was bleeding everywhere. But did I make a sound? Nope. Not one peep. A minute or two later I walked off, bleeding like a shark bitten seal, and went and sat by the pool. I thought I was going to pass out it hurt so badly.

I cleaned it off and went back, never saying a word. I clearly should've gotten stitches, as a hatchet will hurt your toesies pretty badly. Later some people commented on my limp. I didn't tell anyone for a couple of days.

Hahahahahaha good one, never flinch in the face of being proven wrong.

Hahahahahaha good one, never flinch in the face of being proven wrong.

It cut deep. And it wasn't sharp either, as I'd been hacking away at roots with it for hours that day.

But I was Gibralter. Unmoving. I would not be proven wrong!!!!

It cut deep. And it wasn't sharp either, as I'd been hacking away at roots with it for hours that day.

But I was Gibralter. Unmoving. I would not be proven wrong!!!!

Hahahaha lots of dirt too I bet! Axes and hatchets are never sharp when the slip, heck, they need to leave a big nasty hole.

Did ye hear that? Was that Rainshine endorsing my shoes?!?! Or was that the sound of a pig flying out of my arse??? The second is more likely, but I think I heard the first.

Those were my first really nice pair of dress shoes. They are Italian made, soft, fantastically crafted. They are about 12 years old. They hold up so well.

I'll pose a fashion question...

Guys, how long should your suit jacket be? Do you like a bit of shirt sleeve extending beyond the coat sleeve?

I ask because I got a jacket altered just this week that feels just a wee bit short for my tastes, but I think it's probably correct.

Guys, how long should your suit jacket be? Do you like a bit of shirt sleeve extending beyond the coat sleeve?

I ask because I got a jacket altered just this week that feels just a wee bit short for my tastes, but I think it's probably correct.

I personally like about 3/8" of the shirt sleeve extending past the suit sleeve. It adds a little depth and contrast. But that's me, I know I'm weird so take it for what it's worth.

^^^
I'm thinking that's about right. That's about what this sport coat is. It just feels a bit different to me. It is a slimmer fitting jacket, so that's possibly why. My seamstress has, in the past, tailored a thing or two too short for my likings, but it's possible she didn't In this instance and I am being picky.

If your arms are hanging at your side, straight down, I wouldn't want my shirt sleeve showing.

I guess it depends just how your arm is positioned...flagging down a taxi, of course, but shaking hands...?

Or play it safe, have your shirts the same color as your suit jacket...problem solved!

Back