Trump made fake promise to HBCU

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Trump made fake promises to HBCU

Trump's bait and switch

Trump is a grifter.

His promises meant nothing.

In fact, Trump worked against education for minority students. Funding pulled, budgets cut, and provisions removed.

The leaders of HBCU were promised a meeting with Trump.

The first meeting-

Leaders of the HBCU herded into the Oval office for Trump's photo op. Kellyanne Conway is there, to generate controversy. She showed off her legs, on a couch.

Since Trump’s Big Photo Op With Black College Leaders, He’s Delivered on Nothing, They Say

According to The Chronicle of Higher Education, the White House has had difficulty finding someone willing to take the job. The advisory board, which would guide Trump on issues important to the HBCU community, has yet to convene, says Michael Lomax, president of the United Negro College Fund. “And we’ve had no real consistent communication with the White House or the Department of Education since the meeting in February,” he adds.

Since February, the HBCU Caucus has twice written to the Trump White House seeking clarification on what steps the administration has taken on recommendations made by HBCU leaders regarding how the Trump administration could support their schools. It has not received any response yet, according to Adams.

Broken Promise

September 18, 2017

Trump has said he would move the office of historically black colleges and universities from the Education Department to the White House. He promised support for the schools during his presidential campaign and Black History Month meetings, when college presidents posed for pictures with Trump in the White House.

"It has become painstakingly clear that these promises are not being kept," said Rep. Alma Adams, D-N.C., who leads the Congressional HBCU Caucus.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-hbcu-white-house-meetings-20170918-story.html

Advocates for the schools say there has been little to no action from the Trump administration. The institutions have not seen increases in their funding in Trump’s proposed budget.

September 18, 2017

Trump was not in Washington to receive the visitors Monday. Instead, he was in New York for the U.N. General Assembly.

2nd meeting-

The event was originally scheduled to take place Monday at a hotel outside of Washington, D.C., but was moved to the White House.

http://www.newsweek.com/black-colleges-white-house-trump-666878

National HBCU Week Conference scaled back to two days

Trump appointees

September 17-19, 2017

Johnathan Holifield

MARTIN: I understand that one of the other issues was that the administration had not assigned an executive director to lead something called The White House Initiative On Historically Black Colleges And Universities. And they did today. It is a man named Johnathan Holifield. And I understand that he is a business consultant. He's a former professional football player. Are you satisfied with this appointment?

LOMAX: I'm concerned about the appointment. I don't know Mr. Holifield. I'm going to go to the White House tomorrow and meet him. I'm going to hear from him. But I think that there is reason to be concerned that someone selected doesn't have a background with this community and really no experience. He didn't attend an HBCU. I don't know what basis he's been selected to do this job.

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/17/55167...esidents-of-historically-black-colleges-and-u

Omorosa Manigault

In March, Manigault appeared to defend the assaults on protesters at Trump rallies, telling MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, “You have a right to get into a closed, private event, and you get what’s coming to you. I do not condone violence, but if you go into an environment where you’re interrupting 13, 14 times, do you expect a hug or kumbaya?”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/07...tor-african-american-outreach-trump-campaign/

Maybe he doesn't understand that black colleges arose because society excluded blacks. Note where the segregation was and is.

Segregation was probably the worst in those states that had a long history of being governed by Democrats. It is almost nonexistent now, except for those black students who are clamoring for segregated facilities.

Segregation was probably the worst in those states that had a long history of being governed by Democrats. It is almost nonexistent now, except for those black students who are clamoring for segregated facilities.
Almost nonexistent is good enough, as long as we can still gerrymander those neighborhoods.

Box, you keep equating the Democratic Party in the South of the 40s and 50s with the current Democratic Party across the nation. And you keep being told they don't equate. But you just keep on not "getting in." You never change (or learn).

Box, you keep equating the Democratic Party in the South of the 40s and 50s with the current Democratic Party across the nation. And you keep being told they don't equate. But you just keep on not "getting in." You never change (or learn).

It's more like into the 1960's and for most of a century before then. There has been some evolving, but George Wallace and his ilk were counted as Democrats for that time period, and even you have to admit that. They caucused with the Dems and attended conventions and nominated Southerners, some of them KKK members, for national offices even as late as 2000.

Neither Dums nor Gups of generations past are the Dums and Gups of today and that's the objective truth. Ancient parties are strawmen in your arguments. They no longer exist. The world has changed. Stop being the iguana bragging that his granddaddy was a T.Rex.

And Ross Perot was a piece of work. My sister-in-law, a VERY senior financial exec, visited his family ranch out in the middle of nowhere. She asked him, "Ross, how come your family settled out here in the middle of nowhere?" He looked her in the eye and drawled, "Mule died."

That's how fates work. Someone or something dies. You're stuck where you are. A combination of fate and finessed polarization brought USA to where we are. And wherever the mule died, that's where we're stuck, and where we build.

Last edited:
Wow, imagine my surprise when another politician lies and screws over people. When are you all going to realise that every politician is corrupt and a generally awful person. The only people capable of becoming politicians are assholes and scumbags.

Wow, imagine my surprise when another politician lies and screws over people. When are you all going to realise that every politician is corrupt and a generally awful person. The only people capable of becoming politicians are assholes and scumbags.
The alternative to politicians usually involves warlords executing any who don't like the regime. Would you rather bribe a politician or a self-styled general? Remember, if the pol doesn't like you, he'll ruin your career, while the warlord just has you shot.

I'll take sleazy politicians over trigger-happy warlords any day, thank you.

The alternative to politicians usually involves warlords executing any who don't like the regime. Would you rather bribe a politician or a self-styled general? Remember, if the pol doesn't like you, he'll ruin your career, while the warlord just has you shot.

I'll take sleazy politicians over trigger-happy warlords any day, thank you.
Actually I completely agree with you. I just get annoyed when people act surprised when politicians lie.

Prejudice and filled with rage and hatred much? It must really suck to be stuck being you.

Back