New Literotica Search Interface - Feedback, Bug Reports, Suggestions, etc.

" i searched for all stories in a few categories. published a week ago or newer, sorted by date."

Yes exactly. This has stopped working for me.

First I have to set the date to anything other than any date.
Then I have to set it by date.

Doing that gives me everything from newest to oldest. But it stops at the 23rd. It isn't giving me anything new.

If I don't set a date(year/month/day) it doesn't sort them by date. Even when set to date.

This is subpar. It offers me nothing more and makes what I was using before impossible.
 
I see some issues. First the search is now more difficult to use. Second the search results have not been updated since July 23. Something must not be indexing the new posted stories correctly.
 
I'm a User of the good old Literotica App on Android.
Since the update of the Searchinterface i can't use the searchtool in the App.

"Content server has failed to respond properly. Please try again in a moment."

You will make better service for moble devise user? Why don't make both? Bring a new Update for the app and make the site good for mobile too. For me it is better to use the app, because it is like to use an ebook-reader.

Sorry about that!

Can you re-test the Android search now and see if it's working?

We have a BETA version of a newer Android app. If you are interested in testing it, let me know and I can see if it's ready for public testing.

Thank you for the feedback.
 
Sorry about that!

Can you re-test the Android search now and see if it's working?

We have a BETA version of a newer Android app. If you are interested in testing it, let me know and I can see if it's ready for public testing.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes it works again, thank you.

Betatesting? Yes i am really interested. Do you will send me an apk?
 
Phrase searching still broken

Are you planning to update the thread when this is working again, or should we just keep trying?
 
the sort by date is messed up.

If you start a search, then select "sort results by date" in descending order, leaving everything else to default, it starts with stories from 2002 and 2006, not the most recently posted.

If you change it to sort results by date, in descending order, after setting the time period to one month, then it gives the results in the correct chronological order.

Also, please put the "new" tag back on the new stories. It makes it much easier to see what is new vs what isn't, especially if you aren't sorting by date.
 
Fixed?

Yup seems everything is fixed now, the sorting by date and the phrase search work as they should for me.
 
Umlauts etc.

Is there possibly a way to implement umlauts "ä, ü, ö" in searching the German story section?

E. g., if I search for "ĂĽber", I get some results, but if I search for "BerĂĽhrung", there's no result at all (although the search for "ĂĽber" gives as one result a story titled "BerĂĽhrungen").

Ideally, searching for "Ăź" (special character in German) would also work . . .

I would be grateful for a response!
 
All I am getting in the story search is a line of flashing green dashes. WTF
I agree with someone earlier if it ain't broke.
 
WHy no advanced search?

What happened to Advanced search?
Used to be able to search in a time span, or phrase, or category, or all

e.g.search for "Please Pull Out" in First Time in the Last three months.

Can't do that now. What gives?
 
Searches that used to work no longer do. It seems to be based on length. Searches with many OR statements now return no results, even though they used to work perfectly. Very disappointing.
 
Searches that used to work no longer do. It seems to be based on length. Searches with many OR statements now return no results, even though they used to work perfectly. Very disappointing.

I take it back, boolean searches are just broken. I think OR is no longer working as OR.
 
One

So I take it u can only search one category at a time ? As tried on iPad and computer ,but cannot tick more than one category?
 
Wouldn't the appropriate action given all these problems be to allow access to the old search page until the new one actually works?
 
Link Issues

I really like tyhe new search page (only tried i9t on PC so far). Especially that it shows more inof o the stories, such as ratings.

However, there is one issue, the links returned are different from the section hubs and author pages. Such as these two:

Lesbian Hub and Author's Page:
https://www.literotica.com/s/homebound-ch-01

Search:
https://literotica.com/s/homebound-ch-01

Obviously both work, but as someone with a habit of bookmarking stories for later reading, this is going to result in either more work or a lot of dupes. Either way, it's frustrating.

If the style used in the search area (without the WWW) is the new normal, that's fine. But if so that needs to be applied to all the sources of links. I get that you may be rolling out changes in stages, and can tolerate some pain while that happens if that's what's going on, but sooner would be better if that's what's happening.

If that's not the new normal, then it should be fixed on the search page. Either way, the links should match across the board.

Thanks.
 
Please show tags

This actually applies to the new search page, the tags portal, author pages as well as category hubs and anywhere else lists of stories are shown:

It would be nice to have access to the tags for a story in results lists. I really like the new search and tags portal results, and hope that general style story listing style is going to apply to all story lists moving forward, including author and category pages. Even so, it would still be even better if story tags were available as well.

In order to avoid space issues, a "Tags" button/icon somewhere among the rating, views and other icons on the second row that pops a list of tags when hovered over would work fine. (My personal suggestion is to the right of the rating, but anywhere on that line would be good.)

Right now the tag portal and/or tag based searches are the only way to access the tag info, and even then you can only ensure search for specific tags, you can't really exclude them.

Yet for many of the story categories having the tags accessible from the normal list would be very helpful. Some examples include Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Illustrated, Novels/Novellas, etc., where tags would help further identify/categorize the story in question. Even within the more obvious categories (Lesbian/Taboo/Anal) tags would be useful info in many cases.
 
Boolean searches remain broken.

Aaaaaaaand, they're still broken.

Adding more OR conditions returns FEWER results, rather than more. Searches that used to work perfectly in the old search continue to return zero results.

Any chance of an ETA for fixing this?
 
Problems with server ?

After logging in and going to my favorites i get a message "server error"
Following authors show barely half
Whar is wrong ?
 
Aaaaaaaand, they're still broken.

Adding more OR conditions returns FEWER results, rather than more. Searches that used to work perfectly in the old search continue to return zero results.

Any chance of an ETA for fixing this?

Another week, another week without any fix or any indication this thread is even being monitored.

I am surprised that having a working search function isn't a higher priority on a site like this.
 
Another week, another week without any fix or any indication this thread is even being monitored.

I am surprised that having a working search function isn't a higher priority on a site like this.

And yet another week.
 
Favorites missing

My favorites section says I have them stored, and at the same time says I don't have any. Before the list update they were accessible and I had access to them. Is it possible to fix this bug?
 
Back
Top