Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss raised herself to look at the market, before they were even there. It didn't look that exciting, but that was no pity. Phyliss couldn't carry much more then her bag, that consisted mainly of clothes, finer clothes then those that could be found here. But the good news were that people just stared at her, but nobody had spitted, yelled or thrown dirt or stones at her yet. Maybe this place really was "okay" as Canut said. She turned to him. "Can you take us to a inn, or a pub, or maybe a caravansary here?"
 
"They don't serve any good food here," Canut complained. "Vegtable stew, pasteries, BLAH. I don't want to catch my own rat every night.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon grinned, but looked away, so that Canut wouldn't see it. "Oh, well. I think a pastry will do. I am so hungry, I'll will even eat some vegetables, fruit or even salad."
 
i here that so lets get going" Dea said as he went ahead of them and started to look around town"
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon kept close to Dea, but always looked careful not loose Canut. She pointed to a low building, made of yellow sandstone and clay. The mainhall of the building wasn't very big and had a stretched, rectangular shape, but it was connected to other small buildings in the background through a huddle of fittings and transitions. There was a sign on it, but she couldn't read it. It looked right to here, although not perfect.
"How about that?"
 
"Um, I don't think you'll want to go there," Canut poked her back. "It is freindly, I suppose, but not in the way you're probebly thinking. Avoid the sandstone."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss, already standing on the stepstone, turned around. "I don't get it. What is wrong with the sandstone?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had her slender hand on the wooden door, while she looked over her shoulder, down to Canut. She heard voices from inside, that didn't sound menacing. He said that they were friendly here... Maybe the Kobald didn't like the place because they served real food?
 
So are we going in or not. " Dea said as he took the door in hand and pushed it open it up and walked in as he looked around.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon looked between Dea and Canut. The drow had dissapeared into the building. Phyliss hesitated a moment. "Okay, we are a party and we should stay together. If there is something dangerous inside, we must get in and help Dea."
Phyliss stepped into the building, looking back at Canut, pushing the door open so he could follow her, if he decides so. She went forward. She was a gorgon and did know at least a little magic, and her new friends surely weren't unskilled either.
 
Dea was looking around and found a table in the back as he head there and took a seat as there was 3 others for his friends to sit with him.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss walked into the room, seeing Dea sitting at a table. Was that really an Inn? There was something she didn't like. Canut was not behind her, but she didn't worry. She was sure that he would follow, but she didn't want him to think that he was pressed into doing that. She already learned that he had his proud and she respected it. The gorgon walked quickly over to the table and sat down beside Dea.
 
"They don't know what they're getting into," Canut rapped the door shut. " The Sandcrawlers will get to them."

The Sandcrawlers where the largest organized crime sydicate in the Imperial Holdings, and in most of the terriotries behoynd. They opperated places like this, ran them like some fancy city resturant, but in reality they where looking for potential "recruits" to silently sneak out and back to base. It had almost happened to him once, only a two years ago...

Shaking his head, Canut rushed as fast as his little legs could carry him over to the constable's office. Perhaps he could get somebody to help him...

---

"Greetings," a regal looking doppelganger approched there table, papyrus sheet in hand. " I will be serving you today, what is it that you wish to eat?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Maybe she was to suspicious. But she knew that she was hungry.
"Please..what do you have here? I like some chicken if possible...and wine of course...some cheese and olives to start..." the gorgon looked around, but the Kobald hadn't shown up yet. Now, he would.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon leaned over to Dea and whispered softly into his ear. "Do you notice something? He doesn't even bother that a drow and a gorgon show up here."
 
The Narrator

Hakun Rahib, the constable sat behind his desk. He was a tall and a slightly fat guy with olive skin, a thin moustache and hanging eyelids. He had just finished an opulent meal and decided it was the right time to take a little nap.
 
Dea was waiting for something to get over here. he loved sake and wine but waqs not sure if there was any here.
 
The Narrator

The waiter didn't know what sake was, but there was wine, for sure. He dissapeared after he had taken the order.


Phyliss Ovida

"Now, this place doesn't seem to bad. To bad that Canut didn't show up yet. But I don't think he would desert us. No, i don't think so. Probably he is outside somewhere, maybe he will show up later. But I enjoy getting real food. The first for nearly three days." Phyliss looked around in the room. Everything seemed calm, compared to the last places she has been to. Maybe this was the reason she felt uneasy at first.
 
Smashing in the door with his full body, Canut poked at the constable's nose with his staff. "Wak up fool," he growled. "I need the law."

------

The doppleganger returned, this time in the form of what appered to be a bipedial shark, carrying a pair of glasses. 'Here you are," he set them down. "One wine, Seaside vintage, and one wine, Imperial Vintage." he bowed again before heading off to attend the other customers.
 
ooc: i was waiting for you. lool}


Dea smiled and waited for his wine and looked at Phyliss. and said: we should get a room and lots of wine what do you say?
 
i know i'm siting it up for a fight with everyone in the bar. :)
----------------------------------------------------


Dea waited for her to say something as someone looked at him like he was going to kill himn.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The snakehaired girl looked after the walking shark. "What an odd creature. No wonder they are not surprised by us. A room might be a good idea, I am sick of sleeping on the ground."
The gorgon took a goblet and drank a large potion of wine and enjoyed it.

The Narrator

"What? Whats that?" usually the constable would have thrown such a little creature out, but it took him by surprise and it was so fierce and self-confident that he was stunned.
"What is it, then?" he said.
 
"Raid the Sandcrawler house! If you won't do that, just send an officer in! I've got freinds in there who they would love to capture."
 
Back
Top