Seeking: "Diverted" (a disappeared jet RP)

BigBubblehead

Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 11, 2014
Posts
287
"Seeking Writers" Thread

"Diverted"

About the Story:
  • A jetliner leaving Tokyo and bound for Sydney with 130 passengers aboard vanishes.
  • After six weeks of nothing but inconclusive debris discoveries, it is presumed that the plane is deep within the Pacific Trench, never to be found.
  • Little does anyone in the outside world know that the plane was hijacked and flown to a secret location on a presumably deserted island.
  • The question, of course, is ... why?
About the Characters:
  • Be whomever you wish to be.
  • Create your back story.
  • Create relationships with the other passengers ... or maybe with those who hijacked the plane.
  • I -- or someone else -- will create or suggest mini-plot lines in which you can participate.
  • Twists will occasionally occur, sending characters in new directions.
  • Suggestions from the writers are always welcome, so long as they don't adversely affect the ongoing plot lines in which other characters are already involved.
More:
  • I will add more information as I come up with it. (Write now, I have a reply to write for another role play.)
  • Feel free to post your questions or comments here.
 
Last edited:
Character introduction

Serena Michaels 27 years old, standing five one, a mere hundred pounds, she is half Japanese half Irish American, daughter of liberalist James Michaels. She is curvy at the hips with a tiny waist supporting 42DD's. Her ankle length hair is soft lavender to match her oriental kimono that hides her mixed coloring.

Serena is suppose to make the cash drop to some men at the other end of her flight. She thinks it's the people that overtook the flight. Boy, was she wrong again.
 
Name: Ava Butler

Age: 24

Physical description: 5’11”, 140lbs, 36C, long red hair, piercing blue green eyes, hourglass figure,

Occupation: Model

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=3952569

I stared blankly at the book in front of me and sighed. This flight was my only chance to study for my microbiology final. In between a shoot for Takanaka sunglasses in Tokyo and a runway show in Sydney followed by a shoot for Vogue I somehow had to find the time to actually sit down and take the final online. Don’t get me wrong, I was thrilled my career was taking off, but finishing my degree in neuroscience was taking a backseat and it was a little frustrating. I was down to taking one class at a time and it usually took me almost 6 months to complete because of my hectic travel schedule and work. I loved shocking interviewers with my intellectual side; most people still assumed models were airheads, well not this model.

I was considered “plus size” by the industry and I was rapidly becoming the most popular plus sized model my agency had ever signed. I just thought it would be a fun way to pay my way through college but somehow it turned into this. I stared out the window for a moment and the pang of longing returned. I missed my small apartment back on campus with my awesome roommate Chelsea. We had such a great time together; dating cute guys, drinking on the weekends, hitting the gym together. I reminded myself to email her when we landed and send her pictures of the famous opera house. Before I took this job I had never even been to Canada; now a scant 2 years later I had been to well over 20 countries. I worked nonstop, I felt like I was on a never ending roller coaster ride. I still hadn’t even gotten used to seeing my face in the pages of magazines. My ever growing bank account always threw me for a loop when I checked the balance before making big purchases. This Vogue shoot would be the biggest career move yet, followed closely by the impending deal with Victoria’s Secret. If the deal worked out I was going to be the very first plus size VS Angel and walk in the next fashion show with Heidi Klum; Hiedi freaking Klum!!!! I had danced around my hotel suite and screamed with my publicist and agent when they told me on a conference call a couple of weeks ago.

I chided myself and went back to studying. I yawned and took a sip of my Pepsi, I needed to stay awake for another couple of hours to get comfortable with the material in front of me. I settled into my 1st class seat and tried to focus but it wasn’t long before I was asleep.
 
first sight.

Name: Ryan Hansen

Age: 27

Physical description: 6’1”, blonde, bluish gray eyes, toned

Occupation: Driller

Sitting on the flight, I began to notice a beautiful woman just two seats from me. She was slightly larger than what society would consider average, with large breasts and thick thighs. With amazement, I watched her body move when she got up to go to the bathroom.
 
Name: Randy Hawkins
Age: 40
Physical Description: 6'1" tall, 225lbs, light brown hair cut short, light blue/grey eyes, goatee
Occupation: Contract Killer

Randy hated flying even though he had probably logged as many miles in the air as the pilots that were in the cockpit. He hated being cooped up in an aluminum cylinder with a bunch of whiney rich piss ants that might someday end up being one of the files he received for his, "work".

He was due for a vacation but had taken a last minute contract that would bring him to Australia. This made it a win win situation, as he always enjoyed vacationing there, and it seemed that the women had an affinity for American men. The mark on this job was an especially vile specimen, and when he had first glanced at the file had had almost offered to handle it for free...almost.

Randy looked around the cabin, his eyes stopping on the Ferrari like curves of a particularly fetching redhead a few rows in front of him. He took a sip of his bourbon, and reclined the cushioned leather seat and wondered what she might look like on a beach...under him.
 
Dak-Ho Kwon (on his North Korean Passport)

DaeNa-phSeanKilkenny-700x1011.jpg



Speaks fluent korean , English (Americanized), and several other languages. Walks and talks like a long time solider but is traveling on civilian passport from N Korea to Austrailia, as a tourist. Extremely fit and strong he laughs easy, but has the cold eyes of someone unafraid to kill.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Randy pulled his eyes away from the sleeping reheadand perused the other passengers. It was something he did on these ungodly long trans-continental flight to help pass the time. He would make up stories about them, giving them lives and reasons for being on the same flight as him.

His eyes settled on a young Asian man across theaisle form where he was seated. His hair was was set in a style that would make you think he was a rocker, making his way around the world as part of the Punk scene. It was short on the side but with what he assumed was a heavy dose of product, spiked on top with a slight lean to the side. Randy giggled tohimself as he thought that he kept his hair this way not out of style, but out of necessity. With this cut he could easily tuck it under a wig, or leave it just as it is and be a hit as drag queen in every smoke filled club in Sydney.

That had to be it! He was a crossdresser, making his fortune sqwalling "It's Raining Men" to noisy alcohol-fueled crowds around the globe. This notion made him laugh out loud and he covered his mouth with his hand, feigning a cough to cover it up.
 
Dak's finely honed situational awareness skills told him the guy across the aisle, the one he watched as a possible threat, was secretly laughing at his pretty boy looks and over the top hair.

'Dude if you only knew how many bitches I fucked in the last week, that smile would disappear faster than a Malaysian Airlines Jet.'

He smiled and winked at the cocky prick. 'At least my cover is still working' he thought as they got closer to Australia. Soon I can be done with this assignment, and rejoin my team. He signaled the flight attendent for another fruit juice, the one that was in his bed last night...with her friend who was working coach.

He smiled at the memory, and leaned back starting to relax.
 
I'm so so sorry, folks. I was out of touch for a while and have only now gotten back online. I am busy with a concert today, but I will begin putting this together asap.

Good to see that there is some interest.

I promise, by Tuesday morning, we will be able to start posting. (My messenger job is Tues-Sunday, so my definition of a weekend is a bit different than most folks'.)
 
Okay, so I added a second post to the IC thread, setting the stage for your introductions. Feel free to post you character's first post there. You can speak of the flight, of awakening in the windowless basement room secured with zip ties, of your character's background ... what ever.

Remember, no one knows why this is happening. But, if they are the type who has something that might make them a kidnapping victim, they might think this is about them. Or, they might just be a normal, everyday traveler with nothing special in their life. Totally your call.

I'm going to be creating an OOC tomorrow -- different from the Seeking thread -- where we will post Character Profiles. It will take a few days for us to get the profiles all posted and the introductions set, so be patient.
 
So, FYI for everyone who is interested. I created a Host's OOC Thread in which all of the important information will be posted.

I beg of you: do NOT post in that thread.

If you have questions or comments or concerns or wishes for the story, please continue to post those here. That OOC will be very difficult for me to organize if everyone begins posting in it.

I will create a character sheet in a little bit and PM it to each of you. For now, you are welcome to post your initial introductory post in the IC thread.

Cooper, the bad guy, is going to introduce himself to everyone in a post this morning. Then, I have things I have to do, so I won't be online for most of the day. That will give other writers the opportunity to post new characters.

Someone PMd me with an interesting question: are we going to end up with two dozen writers all posting to a single IC thread and making it impossible to read?

The simple answer is No! Not because we won't have two dozen writers, because I think it would be great to have that many writing in a story like this. No, because we are going to have a multitude of IC threads, a technique for group role plays that we used to use on Roleplayers Guild before it went belly up.

Let me explain:
  • Initially, all posts will be made in the primary IC thread.
  • When two or three characters get separated into a situation -- a conversation, a fight or flight scenario, sex, whatever -- they can create a new IC thread and write in it.
  • It is linked to the primary thread so that it fits into the time line correctly AND so that all writers know about it and can follow along.
  • When that IC thread comes to an end and the characters actions return to the primary thread, it is simply closed.
  • It's very simple and very useful. You'll love it! I promise.
 
Aren't the character sheets a little redundant at this point? We have basic bios up and posted. Each lends itself to a particular skill set or lack there of, why wouldn't we just go at it and let things play out.
I know you have things in mind for the thread, but they would have to be fluid in their ability to change since the characters weren't already pre-assigned. As of now you have an assassin, Navy SEAL, model and a girl making a cash drop for whatever reason, so the circumstances that you would have to throw at us, would have to be those that we would have to be able to survive or this would be a very short story.

Just a thought I had.
 
As more people join they'll be a cliff notes of who's who... and we can refer back to them later for character details we may have forgotten.
 
Aren't the character sheets a little redundant at this point? We have basic bios up and posted. Each lends itself to a particular skill set or lack there of, why wouldn't we just go at it and let things play out.
I know you have things in mind for the thread, but they would have to be fluid in their ability to change since the characters weren't already pre-assigned. As of now you have an assassin, Navy SEAL, model and a girl making a cash drop for whatever reason, so the circumstances that you would have to throw at us, would have to be those that we would have to be able to survive or this would be a very short story.

Just a thought I had.

I will respond to this in a moment. Right now I need to say the following about the IC Post I just put up:
  • I secured mixed gender sets to allow writers to create inter-gender situations, from "war of the sexes" argument to sex and anything in between.
  • Now, on the one topic of Sex, you're thinking, "Sex isn't gonna happen!" And you're right, it won't, not with multiple pairs of people in the same rooms watching everyone else, and not with the warning to be good little girls and boys, and not with these people being hostages in a dire situation who only just met.
  • But situations are going to arise in which pairs of people are separated from the larger groups, and in tense situations, emotions rise and ... well, this is Literotica, after all.
  • I can't talk about those situations that will divide pairs right now, but I will in the next (real) day or two. Let me just assure you that characters will be on their own sometimes.
  • Now, concerning non-sexual situations, obviously we have a variety of characters with a variety of skills and backgrounds. We are going to create situations in which each of these characters are active. It might not happen the first day or the second day, but it will happen. Don't fear that your character is going to sit in a concrete room for weeks with nothing to do.
  • As far as to whom you were secured, this is what I'd like you to do for now if you don't mind:
    • In your next IC post, create a second person -- your own non-player character -- to whom you are secured. This gives you the initial ability to create your own situation.
    • As we continue onward for the next few posts, writers will begin to talk to one another about what they want to do with their characters: what story line to you want to follow?
    • If you and another writer want to engage your characters in the same small story line, we will find a way for Cooper to cuff you together ... or maybe you'll just end up together some how.
    • Not everyone will spend every second Plasticuffed. There will be times and reasons for people to be uncuffed.
    • If you and another writer have already discussed a plot, you can post that you are cuffed to one another initially.
    • DO NOT SAY YOU ARE CUFFED TO AN EXISTING CHARACTER WITHOUT ASKING THAT WRITER'S PERMISSION.
    • Any writer who wants their character to interact with a character who isn't already created should post a "Seeking Character" post in this thread and/or tell the host that for which you are looking and he will create a character. I don't want to end up having to create a dozen characters -- one for each of yours -- but I will. I love writing multiple characters: I just don't want to be the only one interacting with the rest of you. :)
 
I dont have enough time to write a good NPC. *sigh*

Oh no, you don't need to write a good one. Just indicate something about to whom you are attached. This is just a stop gap until we begin to associate primary characters in little plots.

NPCs do not have to be complex. They are simply there because a body needs to be attached to you. you don't have to say hardly anything about them.
:)
 
About the Story:
A jetliner leaving Tokyo and bound for Sydney with 130 passengers aboard vanishes.

C'mon now, it's the very first post.
 
About the Story:
A jetliner leaving Tokyo and bound for Sydney with 130 passengers aboard vanishes.

C'mon now, it's the very first post.

The IC says the plane is leaving Sydney.


Just cuff me to gearhead. Hes not going to complain.
 
Back
Top