Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

Lee was up and about before the wake bells even came, she hardly had any sleep. But amazingly enough she honestly did not mind it, she was wide awake and it felt remarkable about what was going on. Her eyes looking around as she watched the men running around, in the distance she saw something. So taking a spy glass and looked, she smiled seeing it was Boston. She sighed a little bit and knew finally after all this time. Her stormy eyes looking around, placing her hands on her hips it was nice.

She shouted the orders that she knew had to be given, and felt a jolt as the violent wind on the sea hit the sails. Causing them to go a bit faster, she was at the helm and felt how violent the wheel was being. She let out a small growl but she would not allow the wind to out power her, she worked quickly and twice as hard. After a few minutes the winds seemed to relax, and the wheel was lose. Brushing her forehead with her hand she smiled a little bit, it was rather nice for her.

As they glided into the bay towards the docks she carefully adjusted the ship gently, giving orders to reduce the sails. She was so in the moment she didn't know if Humphreys was there yet or not, her heart had been pounding and it finally let her go. She heard the men hoot and haler it was rather nice. She never thought she would ever do anything like that, but she really enjoyed every moment of it. Her eyes looking around as she grinned a little bit, and her eyes looked out towards the horizon.
 
"We are home!" Mister Allen shouted as he stood on the poop with Humphreys as the ship manuevered for a spot they were neck and neck with the prize ship the whole way and when they saw her being tied up at dock just ahead of them they were moved just down the dock already thus he smiled and decided to call it a tie as the crew were rejoicing that they were at last home, but they didn't jump off the ship immediately. As per their agreement the crew gathered their possessionswrapped in their hammock and lined up on the weatherdeck as the purser took from the hold the sterling silver and began to parcel it out to each man, having a reserve for those on the prize ship as Humphreys asked that his belongings be taken off and for Mister Lee to be summoned to the ship.

There was much work for him yet to do. he had to register his ship as well as the prize and also had to deal with all the brokers and prize comission peop0le but that didn't bother him what was bothering him was Lee and her followers. He wanted to get off and into a different place as soon as possible.

When the last of the Fusiliade were paid off the men bid their farewells to the aptain and disappeared into Boston and Humphreys waited on the dock as his belongings were placed on a coach bound for his place and in his bags were his portion of the silver as well as Lee's and here she came bounding over. Now their little mascarade could come to a stop and they could be what they wanted to be.
 
Lee had been here once when she was a little girl and it was something she would never forget. Her stormy eyes looking around her hands on her hips, she did not try to hide the fact she was a woman. She was done with that, she proved women were just as able as men were. Sure it was harder for a woman, but it wasn't impossible. What she didn't have in strength she made up with a fast learning ability and her being honest and loyal. She knew her father would still come for her, but she didn't care.

Watching the men start to do what they always did she smiled a bit as she saw Humphreys ship, it was a beautiful ship once she could stop and actually pay attention to it. Right now things were as they should be, she had no family or friends here in Boston so hopefully she could vanish here because she wasn't an object her father could keep on the shelf. She was a human being that bleed, cried and laughed. She never would allow anyone to tie her down, not even her father or anyone else.

When she spotted Humphreys she headed over to him, and she actually noticed that her things were being put away. It was nice to see that he was really serious about this. It was nice as well, smiling a bit as everything was just so perfect. Right now it was nice, and her heart beating so quickly. She placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it, smiling a bit she was happy to be here with him. She did not know what the future held for them, but only god would know. "So where to Humphreys?"
 
"Off to my place," he replied in a smile as the coachman took and stowed their belongings on the platform behind the coach and opened the door to accept the two inside. Once in the relative privacy of the couch as the man cracked the whip and the horses went off at a walk Humphreys turned to her and said, "Now you can forego go this disguise," and took off her cap with a smile before leaning in and kissing her sweet lips. There was playful laughter coming between them as they left the dock behind. There was much curiosity from the newly arrived ships including that of the Fusiliade however they could not find the crew, they scattered quickly and they only brought back a single prize? People were looking to Humphreys as the man that would sack the entire British held West Indies and nab its entire trade fleet but only one ship could be claimed?

The Fusillade was docked with the prize and commissioners were to invest in the ship and its cargo but what was precious to Humphreys, Lee, Tisdale and Allen was already in their pockets and they were moving off to secret it away before anyone noticed. In his pockets Humphreys bore the necessary papers including their Privateering and Reprisals as well as the documents to the Fusillade as he and Lee were nuzzled in to one another as a married couple would, though they were not married just yet.

It was a short ride over to his place and stepping out Lee was amazed to see her new home. It was three stories tall though narrow than her old home in the West Indies and the sky was bright now and the sun was warm as people were walking by paying her no heed as the baggage was unloaded and carried up to the front door. Placing a hand on the small of her back and leaning in Humphreys whispered, "This will be your new home, my dear,” before they waked up the cold stone steps to the door made of solid mahogany and went inside.
 
Lee was taken back by everything this new city was going to be a good fresh start, but in the back of her head she did not feel right to just put her guard down. Her eyes looked at the beautiful home, and was shocked someone with his job could afford such a place. Unless it was passed down from his family, she knew not everyone had bad family history. Lee just hoped to god that her father would never find her. Right now everything just seemed different to her, she walked up with him into the home.

The ride to his place was lovely so many things to see, and how they cuddled up to each other. Acting as if they had been married, course sex before marriage was a big no no in her family. But that was why she was glad to be away. No one could tell her what to do, and right now things were just different to her. Her heart beating quickly, all in all everything was as it should be. Her heart beating quickly. Her eyes taking in every thing, and once inside she was beyond happy right now.

Looking at the man she loved she noticed a piano, smiling a bit she had been taught to use the piano as a girl. Her way of entertainment, well so her father drilled into her head. But perhaps they would make beautiful music together, in the romantic sense. That thought made her beyond happy and was relaxed. Right now things were as they should be, everything was nice and right now nothing was out of place. It was the kind of thing that she had wanted for a long time, things were as they should be.

"You have a lovely home Humphreys" Lee said with love in her voice and in her face. She was content to be with him, he loved her for her and right now it was just lovely. Things seemed to be working in their favor for now. But how long would that last? She was almost afraid to breath. Like she would wake up from this beautiful dream. He loved her for who she was, which was why she loved him so much. She was a woman and to him, she was more valuable then any cargo or ship he could get.
 
"Thank you," he replied with a smile as the coachman deposited their luggage inside and the captain paid the man before he hustled off and shut the door behind. He had a piano but did not play much of it and there was a stone fireplace off to the right of the front door that was cold and the floors were of polished oak. There was a stiarcase leading upstairs nearby and there was the kitchen as well. The place was empty, save them. He was convinced that they would have a lovely life together.

"Come, let us have our belongings organized before we settle in, yes?" he replied taking her bags and moving upstairs. "You will stay in my bedroom," though not implying that they had to sleep together it was that the gues bedroom's bed was much too small and he was going to purchase another one but the blockade made acquiring a new bed extremely difficult. "I will have my bed on the ship brought here in a few days time. Until then, you hcan have my bed, my dear," he said as he opened the door and showed her the room. There was a vanity mirror situated on a dressser as well as another fireplace in the far wall and a giant window that when the curtains were pulled back shoewd a large open green field towards the docks.

"It will be perhaps a week or so until the commissioners get through the paperwork, but fortunately we have more than enough to live off of until then. Still, we must be cvautious, we cannot spend free nilly on everything. It will attract attention."
 
Lee was taken back by this place it was beautiful even more so then her fathers home, which would piss him off if he knew. She smiled at the thought wishing to god he did know, but right now she just had to deal with things. Sighing a little as she was thinking of all sorts of times, everything just seemed rather different in time. But she was rather happy about everything, she knew s he would be happy here. And that was the most important thing on her mind, it was nice to be loved so much by him.

After a little while she heard what he said, about not being able to buy just anything. It made her laugh and shook her head. "I take it your use to a woman who wants to buy everything she sees?" She asked him and sat on the bed looking up at him. "I have you that's all I need, I haven't really ever had much so I am use to not asking for anything. She looked around as everything just seemed so different to her now. Everything just seemed rather nice, and right now she was happy.

Slowly standing up she wrapped her arms around him, she did love him and she wasn't being romantic about only needing him. She was just honest because all she did need and want was him, she was simple because of it. "And I don't mind sharing your room, I think we have pretty much established we are with each other" She said and chuckled a bit. Stroking his cheek with much love seen in her eyes. It was so easy to see the kind of woman she was, looking into the eyes that showed her emotions.
 
She hugged him and he hugged back. Now they were finally alone with no one to bother them and the house wasn't pitching with teh waves, no more bells or whistles and no worry of a ship on the horizon. As much as he enjoyed the sea life Humphreys did like having life on the land as well.

"Well, yes, I did have a woman. My mother," he replied softly sitting down beside her. I haven't had much in the way of female companions for quite awhile. My mother past long ago and left us in quite a bit of debt which is one hte oreasons I took up privateering. Father had great expectations for me and so did alot of people here. I guess you can say that I was chomping at the bit, but..oh well.." shrugging his shoulders before looking to her with a smile.

"Still though, I don't mind spending just as long as we are cautious. Keep in mind the people here are anti-British. In a while you'll blend in but stick with me." It would be awhile for Lee to blend in and until that time she had to go back to original name. He had called her Lee for so long that he had actually forgotten again but as they embraced he began to recall it. "Emma, we'll need to find you soe new clothes. Something a bit more modest. What do you say?" Even though he spoke of being tight with money, for this to keep her rather concealled he needed to bend a bit.
 
She smiled when he called her by her first name it had been a while, and hearing about his mother made her kind of sad. But she was happy to be beside him to know everything would be okay, and if her father dared come after them. She would kill her father way before he got the chance to rush her around. It was nice to be able to take moments like these and to take a deep breath, to relax a little bit. Back home she got all sorts of things when she was growing up, and all the money in the world didn't make her happy.

"Okay as long as its just something inexpensive and nothing flashy" She said simply. Emma didn't want him to fuss over her she may have been a woman but she was simple. She didn't want thousands of dollars for dresses. She hated dresses frankly which was why she relished being on the sea. She could wear the pants and the normal shirts like a man, but knew she couldn't exactly do that here or she truly would stick out like a sore thumb. She looked at the man she loved and stroked his cheek.

"Well I hope your father is proud of the man you are, I may not have known you very long. But I can tell your a very good man, only reason why I asked to come with you. My mother taught me different accents so I can easily put fake accents on, though I never had much of an accent since I hardly ever talked when I was at home" She stroked his cheek and leaned in kissing him softly, smiling a bit more. Her heart beating quickly as she was beside him, where she could show him the love she wanted.

"When should we go?"
 
"You can work your tongue to speak with accents?" he said with a teasing smile, "Good, you can use that tongue for good use." He loved having her touch his weathered face and looking into her eyes. The room wasn't shifting and they could kiss and do all sorts of things now that they were alone but they restrained themselves and held each other as they spoke with beaming smiles upon their faces. "We'll get to that in a moment. Now, I know that you may feel out of place being here considering what we've done, but i'll be with you all the way. Just stick with me. Your father won't be able to take you back. I promise you that."

He paused for a moment to let it sink inside of her before saying, "There is a small shop just down the road that has good fabric and seemtresses that can make wonderful clothes for cheap. But, before we do that, do you have any other attire in your baggage thatn this?" reaching down and tugging lightly on the cuff of her coat.

He did have extra clothes, stuff that was not tainted by the spray of the sea but he was a much bigger man than her and it would not fit properly.
 
Lee enjoyed what he said to her and nodded a little bit, it was rather nice to be able to take every moment like this. But the more he spoke the more afraid she was, he said her father would not be able to take her back. But what could he do and what would he do if a gun was put to his head, to let her go. Lee was terrified her father would shoot and kill him, and if this man before her died she would kill herself. That much was known, and it was something she could and would do because she loved him.

"Yes I have a few dresses, I was unsure what I would end up doing on your ship. And figured bringing some clothing would be wise, though I prefer wearing men's clothing. But I know I can't now that we are here, so I have some things' She said with a big smile on her, reaching over as she stroked his fingers over his own. Looking into those eyes of his and was just at peace, enjoying his warmth. Lee looked into those eyes of his and just felt the love he felt for her, looking at them.

"I love you"
 
"Love you as well," Humphreys smiled before kissing her sweet lips, savoring for a moment before pulling back. "You must dress, get out of tose salt soaked clothes and into something...more fitting." They had troubled pasts, stuff created by their parents and had little or no faults of their own, but now they could make a better life in the colonies.

As much as he enjoyed her attire that fitted her abilities she had to blend in and a dress was proper to this. Standing up slowly he said "this room is yours" and slowly walked out, closing the door behind him.

He was to change out of his salty clothes as well and into clean clothes but not before he had a bath of sorts before he became to think of something the two of them could do. There was a empty porcelien tub that needed scalding water for a bath and with that they could bathe in soap and remove the brine from their bodies and knocked, "Do you need a bath?" Stopping her before she had begun to change.
 
Emma enjoyed his company and even more when he kissed her or said he loved her, Emma was a rather simple girl. Now it was to the point where everything was nice, her heart beating and all in all very satisfied with how he seemed to know what she liked. But she just rested her head against him, smiling big time. it felt nice to be loved, felt nice to be able to have all this wonderful stuff happen to her. And away from her father, that was holiday in itself. She knew not what would happen to them.

But then he asked her about a bath, she nodded and walked upstairs to the bathroom. She sat on the edge of the tube and began to draw some warm water, it was nice and perfect. It was how she liked it, now she removed her clothing and got right in. Moving her head back as she sighed happily, feeling a warm bath on her bones felt very good. It was nice to feel so content like this, thinking of the future. Sighing a little as she ran her fingers down her stomach, thinking of all sorts of things.
 
The water had to be boiled and in that tub Humphreys could see Emma's feet drapped over the edge and her head propped up on the opposite side. He had to use a chamber pot to boil the water, not to scalding leels but to a hot level that steam was rising up. The process took awhile but it was done and he poured the water in.

Seeing Emma drapped and gently running her fingers over her smooth, soft, body the captain smiled, having shucked his jacket and down to his undershirt that hung all the way down to his thighs and in his hands were two glass jars containing the kind of soap that he much perfered that had an aroma of lavender in them that he purchased long ago in a store by the water front. Opening up one jar he carefully sprinkled the light powder over Emma's body and into hte water where it quickly disolved and emitted a light scent of lavender as well as small clumps that stuck to her skin.

"It's a cleansing powder," Humphreys insisted as he opened the second glass jar and held the lip up to his nose to take a wiff to ensure that it was still good to use. "Oh yes, this as well." Sprinkling some more he stood by for a moment before going to a table and coming back with a bottle of porto wine and two glasses.
 
In that moment she was allowed to relax and be herself, as she sank her body into the water. She sighed contently and began to feel and smell something, so looking up she saw some kind of powder and she smiled even more. It smelt really good and made her relax, felt good to be able to just sit back and let everything fall over her. Positive things hit her over and over again, as it was she was content. That was the whole point of a bath, also to clean yourself up. But for her case to sit and relax.

She heard something after a while seeing a bottle of wine and two glasses, she smiled curious as if he would come in. The warmth was nice against her muscles, skin and things could just be put to rest. It was nice to be able to do such things, but when it came down to it. Nothing was better then this. She did not have to worry about anyone coming in, did not worry about much of anything. Since he proved that she was safe with him, she grinned even more thinking of what to say.

"What do you have there?" She asked as she played stupid.
 
"Porto. Best spanish wine, purchase this from a merchant several months ago. it's been sitting here for a while, since I left for the sea," flashing a smile as he placed both glasses down on a small end table beside the bath as Emma was marinating and uncorked the bottle before pouring a generous portion for both of them, enough for two fingers before setting the bottle down.

He could clearly see into the tub as the soap was having its effect and a bit of bubbles were forming round the lip as she was gently touching herself and as much as he wanted to hop on inside and be with her, he could not as the tub was barely large enough for one man let alone two, she would have to be on his body and would be high out of the tube.

Still, he was infatuated in seeing her erelaxed and touching herself as their long journey had, at last, come to an end and they could spend their time together. "Take your time," he said, "We have all day and after this we will venture to the market and fetch what we need," before smiling and taking a sip of his wine and feeling it smoothly run down his throat.
 
Emma smiled at him watching him, she did not get to drink wine very much. Actually it was just once with her parents. And recently with him, but she knew he would not put a ball and chain on her so to speak. She was with this man before her and it was really nice to be able to talk to someone who enjoys her company. It was really nice to be able to do things but now she just wanted to relax knowing that everything was going to be just fine. Relaxing back she sighed happily enjoying herself.

She chuckled "Well be careful I could be in here all day and night if you say that" She winked teasing him. Taking the wine glass she put it up to her lips, taking a sip. It was really nice to be able to be one with relaxing. But sitting back and relaxing just meant everything was going to be that much nicer when they got home. But she knew she could not be in there as long as she wanted, otherwise she would end up being in the bath till she fell asleep. She washed herself so she did not smell like sea salt.

"Mmm this is good wine" She said happily and put the glass down, she ran her fingers in her hair. "I know one thing I need to get my hair cut I hate having long hair, just long enough to be considered a woman" She chuckled . "If I had it my way id cut it so its above my shoulders" She said softly. But knew she could not do that, because she needed to appear like a lady. And not cause a fuss. Grinning a little bit she looked at him "Wish the tube was big enough for the two of us, I could always give you a massage"
 
"I wish so as well, my dear" Humphreys smile dbefore taking up his glass and taking a sip, "But as you kow, I was by myself most often than not, and had no need for a larger tub. As for your hair, well, if you want it so wthen we can have it trimmed to your liking, however, I will need to fetch the right pair of cutters as I do not have them. Perhaps we can pick a pair up on our little errand," smiling again before taking another sip of the old wine and feeling it roll down the throat.

He wanted to go inside the tub with her, have her frame situated right on top of his hard body and feeling the hot water round them and be that way for hours and it would be a delight, however, it was simply not to be at this moment. Perhaps later they could find themselves another tub, much larger in every respect that would be able to accomidate them both, until that time they would ahve to wait, though, Humphreys didn't mind so much as he was able to look down as see all of her fine features and thank himself for accepting her offer and taking her with him out of hte West Indies.

There would be lots of questions but he didn't have to answer them as the only ones that he did were with the commission in concern for his prize ship.
 
Emma smiled at her lover and reached over placing her wet warm hand against his cheek. "Well perhaps in time we can get a bigger tube. But I know that is the last thing on your mind, and as for cutters sounds good. Though I will make sure to have it long enough still where I look like a lady, makes me wish I could just shout who I am and then tell people if they told id kill them" She chuckled a bit, sipping her drink again, relaxing as she sighed happily. Looking into his eyes and smiled.

"But I wont become a tyrant like my father, him being a tyrant has destroyed everything so I dunno. But I have a feeling your worried about something, and I am not meaning my father. Since I was assured by you that everything will be okay" She said softly and sighed a little bit grinning a little. It was nice to really enjoy things like this, it was just to the point where everything seemed so great. Moving her head back sipping the rest of her wine and sat it down and sighed.

"What questions are you afraid will be asked? questions you have no answers for? Perhaps we could think of them together and come up with a good reason. I was always good with that kind of thing, feeding crap to those who could destroy your future. It was rather nice to have things like this, grinning a little bit. She sat up in the tube looking into his eyes, very close to his face. "Everything will be okay" She said kissing him lightly on the lips.
 
Taking a chair and sitting beside hte tub at an angle so that all he could see was her head and dangling legs and with the glass in hand, Humphrey replied to her question, "I believe the most troubling question would be, where did you come from? Who are you? Now, out here I idoub tmany outside hte government officials would know your father let alone you, but I perfer to avoid those risks." Even though he was troubled he did not show it with his thin smile and propped up glass, taking it in as his lover continued to marinate and bathe.

Her father was a tyrant, more than he could realize, but there was also another tyrant over thiree thousand miles away, King George whom wanted the colonies to behave. It was an enticing way to take up being a privateer, now there were two tyrants they were facing, but in the conflicts only one of them was going to be personal. Her father seeemed to go to the extremes to get his daughter back, perhaps they could go west, over the mountains and into the Wilderness or they could take to the Fusiliade and venture out into the Pacific, there were thousands of small islands that have no people on it, they could make thier own little land, but instead of thinking of the plan right off the top of his head, Humphreys looked to Emma and asked, "After the tub and the clippers and the proper dresses, what would you like to do?"
 
Emma smiled at him and heard the question, and she sat back sipping her drink and came up with an idea. "My name is Eden Wolf, I am the daughter of Charles and Luna Wolf. Sadly my mother died giving birth to me and I lost my father last year out on sea. When I saw the ship of the good captain here I knew what I wanted. I wanted a life at sea, so I dressed myself to look like a young man. Putting on an accent and was able to fool everyone, even the poor captain. Unfortunately he found out I was a woman and kept me away from the men.

But we ended up falling in love, and as for my original home I honestly do not know. I haven't had a home in over ten years, spending most of my time on the streets. Doing what I can to survive, pretending that I am a young man. " Emma said simply looking at him, she had given him a fake back story and the way she said it could convince a lot of people. She wondered what he would think about it however. Since he would be able to tell if the story would even make sense.

Relaxing back she could not help but chuckle a little bit "I am good with languages and accents, I can fit in any place. My mother use to tell me I was a pretender, someone who could easily step things up. " she looked back at her lover and smiled, reaching for his hand and her gentle warm fingers took his own hand. Looking into his eyes and smiled so very happily. Sighing a little everything seemed nice, but knew she needed to get out since she was turning into a prune. So she got up and out, putting a towel over her body.
 
"Your mother must have been a great woman," he smiled, taking another sip, "It is a shame that I never had the chance to meet her." Her life was tragedy, but he was grateful that he was able to pull her out of there, though now they were still in hot water.

Wolf certainly did have a way with her tongue and not just with the languages and accents, but that was for another time. In his mind Humphreys was telling himself to keep refering to her as Eden Wolf and to forget Emma so that their cover would never ben blown. It was not going to be easy. Here there were spies and other unsavory peoples that were always looking for themselves and a way to fill their pockets.

"Come, let us be off then to the stores and we can fetchwhat we need before nightfall," the good captian replied with a wider smile, handing Wolf a couple of cotton towels in which she could dry herself as well as some spare clean clothes that would be able to wrap her body in, though it was doubtful that they would fit her lean body properly, it was all that he had at the moment.
 
Emma smiled at him and did not know how he would see the new name, she liked it and tilting her head to the side she smiled. Sighing everything just seemed to end for her, closing her eyes and could not help but be really happy. And did not know what was going on, things were getting harder but she dealt with it. But she would not worry about everything, everything just seemed different. The way he looked at her, the way he spoke to her. He always treated her as an equal.

"I hope everything is okay? I can always come up with a story, I can lie very easy and without a tell. But I promise everything I have told you, is the truth and I have a feeling you know that" Making sure the towel was around her she heard what he said and she just nodded to him. Kissing him lovingly on the lips she just smiled "Okay I will just need a minute' She said happily. Walking over to her clothing and picked out a simple dark brown dress, and slid into it.

She got everything on her all set and walked over to him "What do you think?" She asked twirling around. She hated dresses, but now she had a reason to wear them. To be more of a woman that he would want.
 
"Your story is great," he assured her, "It is just difficult for me to picture you as another person, even considering our journey, however, keep with Wolf, it is great."

Perhaps a good testing of their story when they are about will be enough conviction that they would be able to pass, but when it came to something in the course of marriage then they would have to work on it further, after all, what image would it present when a man is walking around with a woman for so long and they were not married? But shrugging his shoulders Humphreys decided to cast his lot with the wind and let it roll off his back as he departed from the room to allow her to dry and dress herself with privacy.

Finishing off his drink and placing it inside the kitchen he pulled back the curtain to the front window into hte street and saw the harbor with the outside air was going to be cold with the wind blowing out from the harbor and perhaps later some fog. A typical Boston day considering as the docks continued to bustle with people unloading the laden ships.
 
Emma smiled at him and just nodded, it would take her some getting use to. But it was either that or being very unhappy being torn from him. Looking at him she was glad he liked the last name any way, it was nice to be able to have moments like this. Sighing a little as she was thinking all sorts of things. Frankly she was lost and did not know how to find her way, she knew however her father would come. Thinking about what his man said, thinking that this was far from over.

Something got her attention however and she just smiled big time, it was nice to hear what he had to say. It was nice for all sorts of reasons, but she loved him and she would rather slit her own throat then to go willingly back to a life that meant nothing to her. Now in a dress, she knew once her hair was cut and other things. She hoped that even if her father did see in her direction that he would have no damn idea who she was. This kind of thing scared her really.

"So what should we do first?" She asked with a curious tone to her voice.
 
Back
Top