What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is in the hospital. She thought she had the flu but it didn't go away. Day three in the hospital . . . her sugar is still sky-high, her temp is still over 100, she's still vomiting, her white blood cell count is far too high . . . kidney infection, sepsis . . .

If I could make her better, or trade places with her . . .

My mood is sad. Or helpless. Take your pick.

I'm sending you positive thoughts and love.
:rose:

My daughter is in the hospital. She thought she had the flu but it didn't go away. Day three in the hospital . . . her sugar is still sky-high, her temp is still over 100, she's still vomiting, her white blood cell count is far too high . . . kidney infection, sepsis . . .

<hug> :rose:

hope she gets better

I wish I had seen this earlier.

Hugs from me and the family, Lynn.

Tired, just tired.

Sending good thoughts your way, Lynn.

I'm sending you positive thoughts and love.

hope she gets better

Thanks, everyone. There seems to be a pocket of infection in her abdomen not responding to the antibiotics. Results from a CT scan weren't back when I checked a few hours ago. Positive signs are a closer to normal temperature and glucose levels under 200. There's still a possibility that she'll need daily insulin injections instead of the pills from now on.

I'm too tired for a mood.

Burnt out. :(

Sending hugs your way, Lynn

Not awake yet.....

Lynn: :rose: :kiss: :heart:

Thanks, guys. She's still in the hospital and will be for a while yet. The doctor said to plan on taking at least two months for total recovery after she goes home.

My mood today is a mixture:

thankful for the improvement she has made so far
relieved to hear a hint of laughter in her voice today
grateful for the medical staff who have been taking care of her

And I'm blessed to have the support of so many people from the AH. :rose:

Thanks, guys. She's still in the hospital and will be for a while yet. The doctor said to plan on taking at least two months for total recovery after she goes home.

So grateful for the update. (I came in here just in hopes of that.) So glad to hear your daughter is better. Sending every good wish for her recovery.

Lynn,
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish I had seen your posts sooner. I will be thinking about both of you. <Hugs and best wishes> :heart::rose:

No headache, so much better than 24 hours ago. Maybe I will actually make it to the gym today?

Irritated. Still recovering from norovirus and feeling weak and pathetic.

Norovirus isn't life-threatening, at least not at our ages, but it is a considerable nuisance and takes days to recover from.

I have enough real medical problems without adding a vomiting bug.

My mood is . . . ugh.

She isn't going home yet. Maybe Tuesday. If the vomiting stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back