Out of body experiences

ms_ann_thrope

Resurrected
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Posts
25,731
You know, when you feel like you are watching yourself from somewhere else as an observer, not as a participant in the situation? I don't think you have to be dead to have them.

I'm not sure what brings them on. Maybe it's something to do with the gravity of the situation, or a conflicted take on how you should should actually react.

Could just be me...but it rarely is. I'm just average.
 
The night I thought my life was over it felt like that. Maybe because I was on the brink of death. That was the only time.
 
My grandmother claims to have had an OBE while laying in her bed trying to fall asleep.

She said that her body ached with agonizing pain for several hours following her out-of-body experience.

Quantum biology claims that consciousness can exist remotely from the brain and that the brain itself is a biological quantum computer. Although it is not yet certain what mechanisms cause an OBE and how it is triggered.
 
Its called DISSOCIATION and is the basis for curing phobias or aversions to unpleasant experiences.
 
I've only felt it twice in my life, both were stressful times. One time was a very traumatic emotional event, the other was when I was very young and ran a very high fever.

I've had lucid fever dreams since I was a child and remember many of them. We all walk around with a brain, well, most of us are walking around with a brain yet have no clue how it works or what it is capable of.
 
I've only felt it twice in my life, both were stressful times. One time was a very traumatic emotional event, the other was when I was very young and ran a very high fever.
Ditto with the stress. That is definitely my trigger. I've had one very clear experience like that and a few smaller, shorter ones. During the big one I was looking down on myself having a panic attack. Not one of my finest moments.
 
One of my favorite out of body experiences was always the post-coital dismount and falling immediately asleep.
 
Stress does weird things. The mind is a bigger mystery than why people like reality TV. And the latter I'll never figure out.
 
I had an in body out-of-body experience on a massage table recently. It was amazing and unforgettable.
 
Some people have reported having out of body experiences during torture or extreme pain.
 
I used to do that all the time but I haven't really since I've been sober. I mean, it wasn't related to the drugs, but I think that it was related to my blood count being so low. And then when I got healthier and remembered to do things like eat it tapered off. I really think that happens when your body runs out of blood and your blood pressure drops. I LOVE the feeling tho, and the only way I can get it back is through breathplay; which no one will do unless we're having sex. But if you cut off the blood supply to your brain, which you have to train doms to do, because I say breathplay, but it's actually that they need to squeeze the veins on either side of your neck and cut off the blood. God, it feels so good... float away.
 
Back
Top