Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 01-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #26
Blind_Justice
Literotica Guru

I'm staying away from voice-activated devices. Unless I have the written guarantee that these things are not used to compile my habits, I'm not buying. And by the time I get Cortana to do what I want, I could have probably typed in my search request by hand since I'm already at the computer anyway.

Finally there's the issue with my music collection. I can't use voice activation because neither Cortana nor Alexa can use CDs or vinyl. I have better things to do with my life than to digitize/archive 1500+ albums.

For now, these things are just toys. As a sci-fi fan, I should be all over these "AI" systems, but I don't need a glorified voice-operated note pad or DJ when I can do it myself, with less chance for error and without having to turn on yet another device.

It's the same with VR. The potential is there, but the games seldom have more depth than a WiiSports event. Many people get extremely motion sick in VR thanks to the disparate signals the brain receives. Unless that's eliminated, VR will go the way of motion controls or 3D TVs.

My Geek Pride Day submission:
-----------------------------------
The Rembrandt Legacy
Convicted engineer with special power gets recruited by alien rogues to pull off a difficult heist.

My stuff on Lit

Last edited by Blind_Justice : 01-10-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #27
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
...They even have self-ordering kiosks at my local McDonalds (don't hate me for eating at McD's; it's medicinal). I have never had my order screwed up once since I started using them...
I needed to hit McD's for a quick lunch this afternoon. I walked in planning to use the kiosk, but it was after 2:00 and there was no one in line and the bored looking kid behind the counter said he could help me. I couldn't bring myself to tell him I'd rather use the machine.

When I got back and opened my carry-out bag I discovered the kid had screwed up my order. I should have had the sense to double check my receipt or at least check the out bag when I got my order. So that much is on me, I admit.

But yeah, I like my self-serve kiosks, thanks.
Proudly part of the 2018 Geek Pride Day Anthology

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #28
My I
Literotica Guru

I do not use artificial intelligence of any sort. I still use a flip phone and don't even text with it. The rest of you can let your brains go to mush if you want but I exercise mine 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week.

You may know a thing that is not true. But in understanding there can be ONLY truth.
If you truly want to understand you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea.

The Truth is in the Contrast

And Stuff

Fate is just what you call it when you donít know the name of the person screwing you over.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #29
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Richard View Post
Yeah, but is it orange?
No. It's chrome plated in its zip-up leather case.

My gramophone even needs me to wind the handle and change the steel needle every four sides. I have different needles for soft, medium, loud and extra loud.

If I want to mute it when the telephone bell rings?

I stuff a rolled up pair of socks in the horn - hence the expression 'Put a sock in it'.

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.