Old 01-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
zotique
Really Really Experienced

Need a writer friend

I have an idea for a novel, but I'm short a plot right now.

I have a good setting in mind, and a vague idea for a protagonist (a guy on the run), but not much else.

I really wish I had a writer friend to toss ideas back and forth with. But at the same time I'm superstitious about "talking out" a book before it is written.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zotique View Post
I have an idea for a novel, but I'm short a plot right now.

I have a good setting in mind, and a vague idea for a protagonist (a guy on the run), but not much else.

I really wish I had a writer friend to toss ideas back and forth with. But at the same time I'm superstitious about "talking out" a book before it is written.
Join a writing group or workshop locally. That's what I did and I now have a couple of writing buddies to throw ideas around with over Saturday morning coffee when we can get our schedules to coincide. Or we skype and yap. I kind of go more for general plot and story ideas coz I don;t tell anyone I write erotica.

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Join a writing group or workshop locally. That's what I did and I now have a couple of writing buddies to throw ideas around with over Saturday morning coffee when we can get our schedules to coincide. Or we skype and yap. I kind of go more for general plot and story ideas coz I don;t tell anyone I write erotica.
A good number of years ago, I tried that. About a dozen little old ladies made up the group. I was nice and used some of my non-erotic stuff at the meeting I attended. I printed the copy out straight from Lit so it had the 'by TxRad" under the title.

I guess one of the ladies noticed and googled TxRad. A gay guy in Cleveland and me came up with all my stories listed. I was quickly asked to leave. Funny thing is, I'm not welcome to the meetings but I correspond with about half the members even to this day.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
A good number of years ago, I tried that. About a dozen little old ladies made up the group. I was nice and used some of my non-erotic stuff at the meeting I attended. I printed the copy out straight from Lit so it had the 'by TxRad" under the title.

I guess one of the ladies noticed and googled TxRad. A gay guy in Cleveland and me came up with all my stories listed. I was quickly asked to leave. Funny thing is, I'm not welcome to the meetings but I correspond with about half the members even to this day.
My group's a mix and surprisingly tolerant altho I do expurgate the blatant sex scenes and a lot of my work there now is non-LIT stories that I'm working on. I don't find it as useful as I did when I started there about two and a half years ago but I've made a few friends which is a nice spinoff. The age range was a mix from about 20 (very serious college student who wanted write literary novels - was I ever like that? eeekkk I think I was - or at least, literary erotica...) up to a lovely old lady in her 90's who didn't blink at anything, and there were a couple of other wannabe's there who wrote far more explicit stuff than me. Quite fascinating.

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 01-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Wot, not told your dad yet?

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #6
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Wot, not told your dad yet?
He'd spank me.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #7
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
He'd spank me.
Haven't you written that one already? Or am I thinking of your priest?

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 01-10-2018, 12:23 AM   #8
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Haven't you written that one already? Or am I thinking of your priest?
Spanking? That was "The Wolf With The Red Roses".

Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru

Check to see if your state has a local author's association, if they do join it and attend the meetings. They're a bit dull at times, but you get to meet with a lot of authors. I joined ARIA two years ago and made a lot of good contacts and signed up for a lot of book expos through them.

One thing you'll notice when around a large group of authors...we really are an odd bunch.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #10
LIBBYLOON
Virgin

Why would anyone want a writer friend?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:05 AM   #11
Northern_Writer
Virgin

I tried that a number of years ago too. I wasn't writing erotica then. It felt like attending aunt Mable's garden party. I was the only male and one of two under 70. The other youngster was a neighbor I already knew. I don't think it would be fair to say I was treated like an outsider, but I felt like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post

Old 01-13-2018, 05:18 AM   #12
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
He'd spank me.
I'll get my camera ready, then . . .

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "