The Dragonborn Lovers (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
True dragons died off many centuries ago, but their bloodlines live on in the form of the Dragonborn, a race of human/dragon hybrids. They look like normal people on the outside, but hold great power within, and when they tap into this power full force, their eyes glow the color of their bloodline and their teeth grow into fangs. However, the eyes of a white dragonborn will be entirely white, and a black dragonborn's will be entirely black. The other colors will just have their iris's light up.

Dragonborn age and grow like normal humans, but they are immune to illness and disease, and have an accelerated healing factor. This means a 90 year old dragonborn will mostly likely be healthier than a 90 year old human, though they might look somewhat similar on the outside. Because of this, a dragonborn usually lives longer than a human, some being as old as 200. To help maintain the illusion that they are human and to better fit in, a dragonborn will fake his/her death somewhere between age 90 and 100, and then go off to Draconia, a large South Pacific island cloaked in magic, to join the Circle of Elders.

Draconia is not only a vacation spot for dragonborn families, but a place where the Five Courts can come together to discuss politics. The Five Courts are based on the dragon bloodlines -- Red, Blue, Green, White, and Black. The Red Court, descended from red dragons, have fire magic. The Blue Court, descended from blue dragons, have water magic. Green Court, earth magic. White Court, life magic. Black Court, death magic.

Whites and Blacks were at war with each other for centuries, but with the formation of Draconia and the Circle of Elders, a fragile peace was created between both the Blacks and Whites and the other Courts. The Circle is a large group of one hundred elder dragonborns, with twenty elders for each Court who sit and operate somewhat like the US Congress/Senate. At the head of the Circle sit the five Court Chancellors, who present new laws and ideas to the Circle who then vote on them.

Although the Five Courts get along well with each other now for the most part, there is still one particular taboo that causes much anger among the dragonborn community -- romance between members of two different Courts. And that's where the two main characters come in. I will be playing Eddie Ferelden, from the White Court. I need a female to play his love interest, who can be from any of the other four Courts. They meet one summer after highschool while on vacation on Draconia, only to realize they are both going to the same college in the fall. What starts off as a simple friendship turns into a passionate, forbidden romance, and when their affair is revealed to their families, it seems like the flames of war will ignite once more.

Other than Eddie's lover, it would be nice to have a few extra players to be friends/family of the two main characters. Let's try to keep it balanced though so that everyone as a potential partner/lover.
 
Also, for Eddie's lover, if interested females could PM me their characters ideas first, that would be awesome. Then, whoever I choose can post their character here. Please also include an image for your char.
 
TomWelling_Granitz_184147.jpg


Eddie Ferelden
Age: 18
Birthday: May 1st
Allegiance: White Court

Eddie comes from a large family that owns several ski resorts, hotels, and restaurants along the California side of Lake Tahoe, as well as a expansive shoreline estate where Eddie's aunts, uncles, and cousins also live. He is best friend's with Jimmy Denerim, a Red who also lives in the Lake Tahoe area.

As a White, Eddie is able to manipulate life forces, called Chi, Ki, or Mana in some cultures. He can use it to reinforce his physical body or project it outwards in a bright bluish-white energy. With enough concentration, he can also use this power to acheive telekinesis, levitation, and limited flight. When drawing enough energy to use these advanced abilities, Eddie's eyes become entirely white, and if he overdoes it, he becomes fatigued and his nose starts to bleed. If he pushes himself as hard as possible, he can attain greater power for a very short time, but afterwards he will be left in a comatose state until his energy returns, if he doesn't die outright.


SamWitwer.jpg


Jimmy Denerim
Age: 18
Birthday: March 10th
Allegiance: Red Court

Jimmy is Eddie's best friend. His family owns several casinos along the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe and in Las Vegas, but they live on a large estate across the lake from the Ferelden Manor. The two families have been friends for several generations, and they often travel back and forth between the two estates via boats or jetskis for parties or barbecues.

As a Red, Jimmy can generate powerful blasts of fire. Normally, his eyes are brown, but the more he powers up, the more they shift to a golden red. When he is truly furious, his eyes become bright red and he can conjure the raw form of fire -- lightning.

The purpose of Jimmy is to be the fallen hero, a good man who turns to darkness. He will attend Paragon University in Los Angeles along with Eddie and the main female character. Both Eddie and Jimmy will fall for her, and ultimately, it will be Jimmy who brings their forbidden relationship to light when he feels hurt and rejected.
 
Okay, three females now :). Any guys wanna join? If not, I'll just play a few extras. If any girls wanna play someone evil you could ultimately join Jimmy or something. Maybe a girl feels rejected by Eddie and falls down a dark path alongside Jimmy.
 
Okay, so I think we have pretty much decided on the characters. Ladies, you can post them here now if you want.
 
Anya Mollet, age 19.
A decendant of Black Dragon blood.
She's somewhat aware of her abilities, but believes they only control shadows and darkness, not the full depths of destruction available to her. This is in part her grandfather's doing, a member of the council. Her father was exiled in Anya's youth, for attempting to restart the conflicts between courts. A leading member of the rising, her father had tried to blame problems of the current world on the peace between them, saying it counteracted proper balance.
Anya was taken in by her grandfather to be spared the political mess of her father's making, swearing the girl would be no part of his destruction.

He told her only of her abilities' effects on darkness, encouraging her in her youth to embrace shadows, not fear them. They seemed scary, but only if misunderstood. Much like herself.

College was something grandfather feared. He couldn't watch over her there. Couldn't ensure others would not recognize her. Encourage the darker aspects of her powers.
Worse still, protect his granddaughter from BOYS.


http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/181/6/2/at_the_lake_by_xChristinex89x.jpg
 
Melanie Burghart, 24 years old
Blue Dragonborn, Defensive spells


Melanie grew up near the snowed reaches of Salt Lake City, Utah, where her family owned a large ski resort. The youngest and only daughter out of 5 children, Mel was a very introvert child, preferring to be in the snow rather then playing with her brothers.

Because of her very early exposure to the low temperatures, it allowed Melanie to experiment with transforming the inherent water magic that all of her family possessed into ice. With mixed results and often drenched clothes.

After attending college in Utah, she decided to move to Paragon University in much warmer California. Not only because she felt that she had outgrown her home, but also as a method to learn to decrease her weakness to high temperatures.
As a person, she never really immersed herself in Dragon politics, finding it something that should best be let to the elders. Her personal viewpoint: "If all our kind can work together, then we can fight anything."

Spell arsenal: Melanie's eyes turn a deep marine colour when she taps into her magical powers, though overdoing it leaves her with painful migraines

Crystallize - Creates a barrier of ice around herself or whoever she touches.
Geyser - Summons a violent burst of hot or cold water from the ground, depending on her location.
Mist - Condenses water in the air around her to create a veil of mist, limiting vision.
Hot blooded - Melanie is nearly immune to low temperatures, but in warmer climates she can become a big clutz.

http://madisonriley.com/views/images/gallery/1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top