Prayers and thoughts needed.

Thank you :kiss: :rose:
I just got home about 10pm, we were at the hospital from about 11.30 this morning. Gil is fine apart from terrible back pain and nicotine withdrawal. He is on a blood thinning drip overnight and we're hoping he can come home late tomorrow morning/early afternoon depending on when the drip finishes.

Visiting hours were finished at 8pm but I am so familiar with Gil's problems that they didn't seem too eager to kick me out and I only left because Gil made me :eek: The bed will be very lonely tonight :(

Bandit58 said:
I just got home about 10pm, we were at the hospital from about 11.30 this morning. Gil is fine apart from terrible back pain and nicotine withdrawal. He is on a blood thinning drip overnight and we're hoping he can come home late tomorrow morning/early afternoon depending on when the drip finishes.

Visiting hours were finished at 8pm but I am so familiar with Gil's problems that they didn't seem too eager to kick me out and I only left because Gil made me :eek: The bed will be very lonely tonight :(

:) Glad to hear Gil is doing ok and will be home soon.

I don't think I ever left the hospital on time when my wife was in, usually about 10 o'clock someone would suggest that perhaps it was time to go. :D

Bandit58 said:

Send him all my love, Bandit..we need him to get back and keep all those aussies in line!!

Hope you're ok too........ :rose:

australwind said:
Send him all my love, Bandit..we need him to get back and keep all those aussies in line!!

Hope you're ok too........ :rose:

I'm ok, eating a very late dinner and thinking I will go to bed soon, all of a sudden I am very tired :catroar:

Quoll last time Gil was in hospital I arrived early for visiting in the morning, left for a while during the day, came back about 4pm and usually didn't leave until late in the evening. The staff were great and never told me to leave - perhaps because I am the quiet shy type ;)

Scalywag said:
I hope he has the strength to go home soon.

Take care both of you. :rose:

LOL he has been chafing to get home as soon as he got there ;) If it wasn't for the facts that:

1. He has a drip attached to him
2. He isn't allowed to walk yet

he'd be out the door as quickly as he could!

Planes trains and automobiles.

Thought I might as well bump this one.

Oook, first off everyone is ok.
Sat morning we went back to the hospital, Possy was bleeding/leaking quite a bit, this time on examination it was definite that her membranes had ruptured, to cut a long story short, we were airlifted to Melbourne, where we spent the night in the ER, she had quite considerable losses overnight, but by morning things had stabilised enough so that she could be moved up to the ward.
She is on intravenous antibiotics and has been given steroid injections to strengthen the babies lungs.
At this stage, so long as there is no infection or heavy bleeding and the baby shows no signs of stress, things will stay as they are.
She will be in Melbourne for a minimum of four weeks regardless.
I'll try to keep ths updated as best I can.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, keep 'em coming. :heart:

quoll said:

Sat morning we went back to the hospital, Possy was bleeding/leaking quite a bit, this time on examination it was definite that her membranes had ruptured, to cut a long story short, we were airlifted to Melbourne, where we spent the night in the ER, she had quite considerable losses overnight, but by morning things had stabilised enough so that she could be moved up to the ward.
She is on intravenous antibiotics and has been given steroid injections to strengthen the babies lungs.
At this stage, so long as there is no infection or heavy bleeding and the baby shows no signs of stress, things will stay as they are.

Thank you for letting us know quoll. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Take care. :rose:

quoll said:

(((quoll))) Hope everything goes well. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

quoll said:

Prayers and positive thoughts, dear quoll. :heart: :rose:

We will keep you all in our throughts, quoll.

Last edited:
i'd like to request prayers and thoughts for a good friend. i won't name my friend, but suffice it to say that this person posts here and i think would benefit from it.

ed

quoll buddy, i hope things continue to improve... you're all in my thoughts always.

silverwhisper said:
i'd like to request prayers and thoughts for a good friend. i won't name my friend, but suffice it to say that this person posts here and i think would benefit from it.

ed
Consider it done.

Thank you all again, it's going to be an interesting month.

Update.
Latest ultrasound shows no sign of placental trauma, baby size is good, and mother feeling calm (phew).
We'll take this one day at a time, but right now I can stop holding my breath. :)

silverwhisper said:

ed

Consider it done .

quoll said:
Update.
Latest ultrasound shows no sign of placental trauma, baby size is good, and mother feeling calm (phew).
We'll take this one day at a time, but right now I can stop holding my breath. :)

Great news and just in time. That holding your breath can have dastardly results! :D

thanks for the good news quoll, and thanks to you and WW for your kindness. :>

ed

My dear friend Quoll, my love, prayers and thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

This baby will be born strong... look at the battle it has already faced - and won.

Please keep us all informed, for we all care.

:rose:

quoll said:
Update.
Great news! Sometimes miracles play out in slow motion.

Back