Creative Artists Agency's Bacchanalian Bash

Hello Summer!
They brought in this outré Las Vegas performance group and got more than they bargained for. From here:
Parties at the Sundance Film Festival typically feature maverick filmmakers, the best in nouvelle cowboy cuisine and plentiful pours of high-end spirits and Utah microbrews.

But the bash thrown by Hollywood's powerful Creative Artists Agency on Sunday night took festival revelry in an unexpectedly bawdy direction, as Sundance guests mingled with lingerie-clad women pretending to snort prop cocaine, erotic dancers outfitted with sex toys and an Alice in Wonderland look-alike performing a simulated sex act on a man in a rabbit costume.

For decades, CAA has carefully maintained a reputation as Hollywood's most meticulous talent firm, but CAA's leave-nothing-to-chance attention to decorum vanished in that Bacchanalian blizzard on the snowy streets of this mountain resort.
Guests described it as "an NC-17 mash-up of Cirque du Soleil and the orgy scene from Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut.""

Damn! Wish I could make this stuff up ;)

They brought in this outré Las Vegas performance group and got more than they bargained for. From here:

Guests described it as "an NC-17 mash-up of Cirque du Soleil and the orgy scene from Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut.""

Damn! Wish I could make this stuff up ;)

Heh, might not have been that difficult. Cirque has a couple NC-17 shows already. ;)

You might want to mark this on your calendars folks. Stella at a loss for words, well not exactly but damn close for her.(G)

Mike

Prop cocaine? Simulated sex acts? Pffft ... amateurs. :D

You might want to mark this on your calendars folks. Stella at a loss for words, well not exactly but damn close for her.(G)

Mike
yeah, I really am. I can't even come up with a peripheral issue... Maybe "I wish I had been there to see it" but-- not really. :eek:

Prop cocaine? Is the real stuff passe now?

I really need to keep up.

I read the article this morning, just before setting off to the Quilt Show. It made me snicker . . . or is that snigger? I'm not sure. Anyway, while I don't wish I was there, I find the 'outraged' comments from members of the entertainment industry a howling guffaw.

Back