Sassy and EY's erotic inspiration thread

SassySheDevil

Moody Roller Coaster
Long read ahead. But worth it. :kiss:

Why do we as women have such a hard time being kind to ourselves? We can look at another woman who has the same exact flaw that we ourselves think we do and then tell her that she is beautiful. For some reason, we can easily find beauty in any other person, but when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we tear what we see apart. We criticize ourselves day after day for the things that make us unique. Would we really be any happier if we all looked the same?

Magazines and society have told us what beauty is for so long that we have begun to think that if we don't adhere to that standard we are not good enough. That anything less than perfection is unacceptable. Then, we take this to new levels and become jealous or envious of what other women have, or look like. We tear ourselves down because these other women have bigger breasts, or thinner thighs, or blue eyes. Maybe it's her height, or pretty nose, or smaller feet that make us insecure. There are always things we wish we had, and that allows envy to grow and fester within ourselves to the point we lash out at others. We project our own insecurities on this other person, giving way to fear, envy, resentment, rage, anxiety, and overall bad self-esteem.

How would things be different if instead, we built each other up? Rather than letting our insecurities tear us down, what if we set out to understand that each and every one of us has insecurities? What if we could instead help that person feel better about looking in their own mirror? We don't know what that person goes through every day, or what her struggles are. Sometimes, behind a beautiful smile, there lies a shattered soul. We assume because she has something we don't that she must then be happier. That is not always true. Each of us have different demons.

When I met Erotically_Yours. I said to myself, “This woman will never talk to me. She is beautiful. Look at her body. It's perfect. She is tall, thin, and has great boobs.” I listed all the things that I thought were perfect. But as I got to know her, I found out that she has just as many insecurities as I do. Only different. She envied me for my blue eyes and because I was loving, forgiving, and compassionate. She reminded me that being liked for beauty alone can feel just as empty. So we talked about ways to change our negative thoughts. How to bring out the positive attributes in each other. The difference between then and now is rather than be jealous or envious of her, I now understand her. She now understands me also. Because of this, we are now able to support each other in a meaningful way. We can remind one another that beauty is so much more than just what we see in a mirror.

Working together and loving one another provides less stress amongst each other. It holds us accountable for our actions. I don't feel like I need to be nasty to another woman because she has something I don't. I now realize that is my envy coming out, not something she did. When you surround yourself with positive energy, it rubs off on you. Let's face it. We all like having that one girlfriend (Or many) that we can talk to about the ugliest sides of ourselves. We know that person loves us no matter what.

So EY and I talked about creating a thread that would allow us as women to post about the things we think are our flaws so the other people can laugh at us and tell us we're crazy. But we'll also post the things we love about ourselves. We've worked hard to achieve something and we're proud of it. We thought this would be fun to do in a unique way because like myself, I'm horrible with words, stringing them together and finding the perfect ones to describe what I want to say is always hard. As it stands, I'll send this to EY to have her rework it and add punctuation.

So we thought that if we made a picture collage with quotes next to it that it would be fun, exciting, and hopefully inspirational as well. We would love to have you all join in on this. Make your own. You can use your own words, or quotes you feel have meaning to you. This first poster that I made has several volunteers who agreed to send me pictures of their body that they felt was their biggest flaw.

However, I do want to remind you all, this isn't just about flaws. We want to see your beauty. It would be amazing to see how happy you are with the things you love about yourself also. Remember, positive energy, rubs off. So rub your positive energy on us. We are all beautiful. Lets prove that.

Men. I know that I worded this mostly for the women and I apologize for that. I know that many men have the same issues. Their own insecurities. I never realized that until I joined Lit. I always just assumed men didn't care as much. Now I know that to be untrue. So, I really don't want to leave you guys out. I would like to invite you to do the same thing, please join in and allow us all to build you up as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
This thread took a break.. Many of the pictures were pulled. I tried to re-start it around page 35... PLease feel free to jump in and offer up your own... Will start adding some back. :rose:

Last edited:
Long read ahead. But worth it. :kiss:

Why do we as women have such a hard time being kind to ourselves? We can look at another woman who has the same exact flaw that we ourselves think we do and then tell her that she is beautiful. For some reason, we can easily find beauty in any other person, but when we look at ourselves in the mirror, we tear what we see apart. We criticize ourselves day after day for the things that make us unique. Would we really be any happier if we all looked the same?

Magazines and society have told us what beauty is for so long that we have begun to think that if we don't adhere to that standard we are not good enough. That anything less than perfection is unacceptable. Then, we take this to new levels and become jealous or envious of what other women have, or look like. We tear ourselves down because these other women have bigger breasts, or thinner thighs, or blue eyes. Maybe it's her height, or pretty nose, or smaller feet that make us insecure. There are always things we wish we had, and that allows envy to grow and fester within ourselves to the point we lash out at others. We project our own insecurities on this other person, giving way to fear, envy, resentment, rage, anxiety, and overall bad self-esteem.

How would things be different if instead, we built each other up? Rather than letting our insecurities tear us down, what if we set out to understand that each and every one of us has insecurities? What if we could instead help that person feel better about looking in their own mirror? We don't know what that person goes through every day, or what her struggles are. Sometimes, behind a beautiful smile, there lies a shattered soul. We assume because she has something we don't that she must then be happier. That is not always true. Each of us have different demons.

When I met Erotically_Yours. I said to myself, “This woman will never talk to me. She is beautiful. Look at her body. It's perfect. She is tall, thin, and has great boobs.” I listed all the things that I thought were perfect. But as I got to know her, I found out that she has just as many insecurities as I do. Only different. She envied me for my blue eyes and because I was loving, forgiving, and compassionate. She reminded me that being liked for beauty alone can feel just as empty. So we talked about ways to change our negative thoughts. How to bring out the positive attributes in each other. The difference between then and now is rather than be jealous or envious of her, I now understand her. She now understands me also. Because of this, we are now able to support each other in a meaningful way. We can remind one another that beauty is so much more than just what we see in a mirror.

Working together and loving one another provides less stress amongst each other. It holds us accountable for our actions. I don't feel like I need to be nasty to another woman because she has something I don't. I now realize that is my envy coming out, not something she did. When you surround yourself with positive energy, it rubs off on you. Let's face it. We all like having that one girlfriend (Or many) that we can talk to about the ugliest sides of ourselves. We know that person loves us no matter what.

So EY and I talked about creating a thread that would allow us as women to post about the things we think are our flaws so the other people can laugh at us and tell us we're crazy. But we'll also post the things we love about ourselves. We've worked hard to achieve something and we're proud of it. We thought this would be fun to do in a unique way because like myself, I'm horrible with words, stringing them together and finding the perfect ones to describe what I want to say is always hard. As it stands, I'll send this to EY to have her rework it and add punctuation.

So we thought that if we made a picture collage with quotes next to it that it would be fun, exciting, and hopefully inspirational as well. We would love to have you all join in on this. Make your own. You can use your own words, or quotes you feel have meaning to you. This first poster that I made has several volunteers who agreed to send me pictures of their body that they felt was their biggest flaw.

However, I do want to remind you all, this isn't just about flaws. We want to see your beauty. It would be amazing to see how happy you are with the things you love about yourself also. Remember, positive energy, rubs off. So rub your positive energy on us. We are all beautiful. Lets prove that.

Men. I know that I worded this mostly for the women and I apologize for that. I know that many men have the same issues. Their own insecurities. I never realized that until I joined Lit. I always just assumed men didn't care as much. Now I know that to be untrue. So, I really don't want to leave you guys out. I would like to invite you to do the same thing, please join in and allow us all to build you up as well.

attachment.php

Such a Beautiful and Well written expression of what we really need to concentrate on as Human Beings and just keep the positives flowing!! Thanks to you Both!! :kiss:

Wow! I love what I just read here. There is so much truth to what was written. I definitely can relate to what Sassy has said. Very cool thread :)

Ahhh! Ladies you are both amazing, what a gorgeous idea for a thread, :heart:

Remember...

When you look in the mirror at yourself, most people only see 2 dimensions. The contours and shapes of your body flatten out, much like seeing someone on television. They say seeing someone on TV adds 10 pounds because it.
Try to see yourself in 3 dimensions. See the the contours and the curves. Try to create depth by changing the lighting and creating shadows...it makes a difference.

Just a thought.

Love this! Not as a man who looks at beautiful naked women, but as a man who loves to encourage health and self esteem. I think this is a wonderful thread! You are beautiful women!

I have to repeat the saying, a little cliche but true----we are our own worst critics.

Sassy and EY I really hope this thread takes off and that many take this opportunity to post about themselves and to find new and positive connections with others. It is a fantastic idea and a terrific way to improve relationships with each other and ourselves Brava!

I really enjoyed reading your post Sassy and the pic collage is very good. This is a great thread concept.

I have to repeat the saying, a little cliche but true----we are our own worst critics.

Yes, your right. Everyone's different and that's what makes life interesting.

Thank you everyone. We've been working on this for a little over a week. Tossing around ideas. We want it to be fun. Helpful, and help bring us all together in positive ways. It's always a struggle to look in the mirror and always like what I see. But with help from our little community, Maybe we can help each other. Even with baby steps.

Thank you again to the ladies who sent me pictures beforehand. Putting out our vulnerabilities to others isn't always easy.:rose::rose:

Wishing you all the best with the new thread... and Happy Thanksgiving from your neighbour to the north...:rose::kiss::rose:

Thank you everyone for your warm words of praise and encouragement. Body positivity is a subject that both Sassy and I feel very passionate about although for very different reasons. Our unique perspectives allowed us to understand each other on a whole new level and our goal here is to hopefully pass on that knowledge and positivity to others here.

But I want to give an extra special thank you to the girls who contributed to the poster on the opening post. It is your selfless contributions that sets the tone of what we are trying to accomplish here — a safe, positive space where we let our insecurities be known, yet are able to find strength and encouragement in the words of others. Without your help, this thread may not have gotten off the ground. So thank you to all of you lovely, beautiful ladies! :heart::rose:

And of course I have to thank Sassy for having the creativity and courage to put all of this together. It is her compassion for others that I’ve always found to be the most beautiful about her, and it really shines through in this project. Her work and dedication is admirable, and I am hopeful that others will see that in this thread and find it inspiring enough to post themselves.

Again, thank you everyone. We’re hoping to keep this thread around for a long time to come. :)

I agree Sassy, and Erotically-yours that I hope this thread stays around.

A great introduction I thought and a well put together collage. All you ladies who contributed photos are applauded. When I look at it, all I see are different shapes and sizes, each with their own beauty. I think I’ve said before somewhere that beauty is from within. It’s not what you look like externally, but how you present yourself, your personality, the things you do for others and much more that shows how beautiful you are.

In all my time here. The face has always been the hardest for most people to show. Obviously for most it is because they don't want to be recognized. They don't want their pictures stolen etc. I have always thought my eyes were one of the best features I had. So when EY sent me this picture. I couldn't help but fall in love with the sparkle we both shared. So. Eyes...

It's back!!! :heart::heart::heart:

attachment.php

Last edited:
In all my time here. The face has always been the hardest for most people to show. Obviously for most it is because they don't want to be recognized. They don't want their pictures stolen etc. I have always thought my eyes were one of the best features I had. So when EY sent me this picture. I couldn't help but fall in love with the sparkle we both shared. So. Eyes...

You both could be super models. Just saying...

Last edited:
The face pics and EY's pic are amazing. And JJ, listen to EY, your a genuine beauty too. All of the ladies posting here are all exceptionally attractive and even better all of them are strong willed smart women too.

The face pics and EY's pic are amazing. And JJ, listen to EY, your a genuine beauty too. All of the ladies posting here are all exceptionally attractive and even better all of them are strong willed smart women too.

Thank you tnman. She's my older sister, I HAVE to listen to her! :D

Back