Looking for an editor

MissyDemeanors

Really Really Experienced
Editors found

I've got some people working with me or will be working with my soon thank you everyone for your help/advice

Last edited:
I have several stories yet to be posted. I am looking to post them all but most of them are the start of a story line. Would you be interested in editing something like that as I'm looking to write an extended story in segments.

Hey. I found that typically the editors respond to private message. You're best served by picking one above and messaging them directly. They might respond here, but it's a crap shoot. they most likely leave a post here and watch their inbox fill up. they might not even come back to check. I also sent this to you in a private message, and I do not edit. I'm new here like yourself.

I have several stories yet to be posted. I am looking to post them all but most of them are the start of a story line. Would you be interested in editing something like that as I'm looking to write an extended story in segments.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.
* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

For an editor to decide if they are interested in helping you, you need to state the category for your story and how many words. It would not hurt to state the time frame you are desiring to get your story back from the editor.

Hey. I found that typically the editors respond to private message. You're best served by picking one above and messaging them directly. They might respond here, but it's a crap shoot. they most likely leave a post here and watch their inbox fill up. they might not even come back to check. I also sent this to you in a private message, and I do not edit. I'm new here like yourself.

Usually, most editors who are serious about editing want to see word count, category, sex themes, story premise, and type of editing needed detailed in a post before getting a pm. Then the editor can make an informed decision about whether to reply on the thread or to send a pm to the author, along with figuring out if they have the time to invest in the project. Even then, some editors don't accept a project until they've read the story. An author can contact an editor without posting a public request, but he/she needs to provide the basic info I stated, or the author is basically making the editor jump through unnecessary hoops.

Finding an editor on Lit is a crap shoot, mainly because editing is a time-consuming task that editors are doing for free between a full-time job and other personal obligations. And it doesn't help that the majority of authors who post an editing request don't, or won't, state information that helps an editor decide if the story is something they could edit.

:rose:

Usually, most editors who are serious about editing want to see word count, category, sex themes, story premise, and type of editing needed detailed in a post before getting a pm. Then the editor can make an informed decision about whether to reply on the thread or to send a pm to the author, along with figuring out if they have the time to invest in the project....

I was very fortunate then, as my first choice for editor agreed to take on my story sight unseen with none of the requirements you mentioned. I simply messaged, got a reply, and sent the story (though, to be frank, it was a rather short story). It was edited quickly. The biggest delay was me, figuring out the allowed and disallowed HTML tags.

I was very fortunate then, as my first choice for editor agreed to take on my story sight unseen with none of the requirements you mentioned. I simply messaged, got a reply, and sent the story (though, to be frank, it was a rather short story). It was edited quickly. The biggest delay was me, figuring out the allowed and disallowed HTML tags.

Out of curiosity, what was the category and story premise?

Serious

The person must not be too serious about finding an editor as she still has not turned on he private messages.

Private messages

Missy may have been online but it's apparent she is ignoring the request for her to enable her pms so an editor interested in working with her can communicate with her. It's against the site rules to post your email address in the forum so the interested editor is at a loss.

Missy may have been online but it's apparent she is ignoring the request for her to enable her pms so an editor interested in working with her can communicate with her. It's against the site rules to post your email address in the forum so the interested editor is at a loss.

Yeah, that true, too.

Im sorry!!

goodness.... I'm sorry Ive only ever used the 'stories' section of Lit. I didn't know about my private messages and it wasn't popping up in my email that you guys were commenting on here.

I'm sorry that came off like I was ignoring your advice I wasn't at all. I've started posting In the role play forums to get that type of banter going and I've come across some great writers that Im going to approach about reading my work.

I do a varied amount of categories but I'm not great at writing incest or demon stuff. I'm trying to branch out on new categories and I again apologize for not seeing these all sooner. My PM is on now and I appreciate you guys helping me out SERIOUSLY

Back