Welcome to civilization. (Closed)

"Yeah that will be fine come now lets get to walking around."-Clint lead her to the streets and held her hand Kya had to stay inside which wasn't bad they put her in a Artificial Habitat where it was a jungle with plenty of room until they can get a permit and a license for her. Clint walked around with her.-"Just stay close...what do you like to eat?"-He asked.-
 
Whatever there is to try. I have spent my whole life eating river fish fruit and other jungle finds.

She smiled feeling so out of place as they left the building. A loud truck horn sounded out as she jumped curling close to Clint a little shaken.
 
-Clint held her close as he looked around.-"Well lets go grab something to munch on and then we can walk around more."-Clint walked down the street as car horns, People and just odd aromas in the air were enough for any one new to the city to be jumping. He held Catalina close though.-"I know this is all new."-He said gently.-
 
She was shaking a little the noises more than the scents scared her. She paused looking into the window of a clothing store.

Who has a closet here?

She was a little overwhelmed as she tried to take it all in.
 
-He looked.-"This is a clothing store its where you can buy clothes like the ones you are wearing."-he said as he held her close.-"There pretty things in there huh."
 
She nodded.

Very pretty.

She looked to him with a soft smile feeling so safe with him even with all the noise and crowds of people.
 
-He nods and looked to her.-"Lets continue going to the small cafe then we can keep walking round."-He mentions as Clint took her hand walking close with her.-"You ok?"-He asked her.-"You know so far?"
 
This is the first time I have ever been far away from Kya. But you are here so I'm okay. It is just a little loud. How do you stand it? Not hearing the birds or wildlife?

She nodded about them continuing to the cafe.
 
"Well this is just one place i will show you a couple of places where its not completely dead here...The wildlife is a bit different."-He chuckled a bit as they walked on. Getting to the Cafe there was a lot of soups, Salads, and Sandwiches, Some Burger and hotdog options but a majority was others. -
 
She looked at the menu but had never actively had a point of reference for most of the words even though her grandfather had taught her to read some. Giving up on reading she looked around to see what others were eating and trying to differentiate the different scents. A child standing by her mother looked to Catalina.

They have good cheese soup here.

She smiled to the child.

Thank you little one I will try that.
 
-Clint looked and chuckled.-"That they do Procolli and Cheese and that goes good with there Turkey and Gouda Sandwich on Sourdough."-He Mentions.-"Order what you want to try and if you like tony gave me access to his account so if you want we can always ask for a large to go and have Pepper pick it up so you can try the food later."-He laughed a bit.-
 
Account?

She nodded and mentioned the cheese soup and sandwich.

They do have food waiting for us as well.

She smiled to him as she studied the various baked goods behind the glass.
 
It is true they do but we will walking a bout a bit and unfortunately i think your going to be getting hungry from everything new."-He thinks he couldn't talk to day.-"From being exhausted that is."-He smiled as he orders the same as they wait.-"Oi the day has been quiet exciting."
 
She froze for a moment.

The people who were looking for me... Could they have been the outsiders who were occasionally making islanders vanish?

Looking to him.

I know the islanders hunted us but still for clearly evil people like them to take islanders we can't let them keep doing that.
 
-he sighed a moment.-"The rest of the avengers have it i am sure everything will be alright its my job to protect you."-they were served there food and he smiled.- "Two glasses of lemonade"-he asked as slthenwaitress returned soon enough.-
 
She noted the change and looked down at the food.

You would rather be there fighting with them. Once we are done I will tell Fury to let you return to the fighting Kya and I am sure with be fine in Stark's building.

Honestly she wanted to be back there as well fighting. These people were clearly looking for her and she wanted to know why.
 
"Honestly no they hired me for the recon i fight good in groups but if i have anescort or protection mission well they know im a sneak a bit and tactician i can manuver one or two easier then a team"-Clint said as he sipped the soup with the spoon.-"Go on try it"
 
She watched him and taking the spoon and tried the soup. It was a strange flavor but very good none the less. She smiled and began to eat more of the soup.

This is interesting but good. I still want to know how the strange woman knew of grandfather or me.
 
"Honestly im chalking it up to mutant abilities if thats the case some one who had the abiliy to find and meassure mutants could be three ways."
 
She nodded still wondering but her attention was drawn to some young men watching her and became wary.
 
-Clint looked to the guys asnwell as they averted there eyes he finished the soup and smiled biting his sandwich and drinking the lemonade a bit tart but good.-"Dont pay them mindd."
 
Why do they watch us?

She tried the lemonade and winced at the sharp taste.
 
-He chuckled secretly a bit as she tried the lemonade.-" To observe and see what they can use you for. Or what we are doing. The Xmen will help you control your powers and make them your own. the Brother hood well from what i know of them is there deceptive and want to prove that any one with out powers are inferior."
 
She thought on that for a moment.

Grandfather helped me learn my powers why would I require this Xmen you speak of?

She slowly got used to the tart of the lemonade as she continued to eat.

Tell me more about this what did you call it... Concrete jungle... You are more at home here?
 
"No Mutant is perfect you may be able to control or comprehend them but your not mastered in them Or at least i think you are i don''t know but Professor Xavier can tell you that for him self."

"Well just like the Regular Jungle this can be dangerous and well confusing to navigate but it does have it's own hazards and hiding places Its also a lot of fun."
 
Back
Top