What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up laughing because of my dream.

In the dream I was a private detective of some sorts and I was investigating a murder. The police sometimes have dogs, some Canadians even have horses and weird hats, but I had a ... giraffe called Jerry. The problematic part was that the poor giraffe's feet (what do giraffes have, anyway, hoofs?) were very prone to cold, so I had to slather them with a special liniment every 100 meters. The liniment made his feet very slippery and he had a really hard time walking, because his feet started to slide each in a different direction.

Needless to say I never caught the murderer, because I spent more time rubbing my giraffe's feet than actually investigating.

I have this same dream a couple of times a week! Did the giraffe have the words "your career" written on its side?? I can never quite figure out the symbolism, but I know it must mean something.

Last edited:
Zora, our beautiful black cat. My son was changing the cat litter, and as we have a litter tray downstairs and upstairs, he decided to do both at the same time. Unfortunately, he prefers to empty both trays, wash them out, then refill with fresh litter. Only problem was Zora decided just as he had emptied the second one that she had to go, right then. She sat on the steps meowing loudly and urgently until he refilled one tray, and before he even had time to put the lid on or put it back in place, she leapt in and did what had to be done, then left looking very cranky. She has continued to complain ever since.:eek:

Catalina:cattail:

I have this same dream a couple of times a week! Did the giraffe have the words "your career" written on its side?? I can never quite figure out the symbolism, but I know it must mean something.

I knew I wouldn't be alone with this dream! Slipping and sliding police giraffes are a recurring dream theme to most people, I'm sure.

I knew I wouldn't be alone with this dream! Slipping and sliding police giraffes are a recurring dream theme to most people, I'm sure.

I am not sure if this helps...but in general, the animals in your dreams represent your more primal instincts that is repressed in your waking life.

Giraffe~

To see a giraffe in your dream, suggests that you need to consider the overall picture. Take a broader view on your life and where it is headed. The dream may serve to indicate how you are "sticking your neck out" for someone.

To dream that you are riding a giraffe, represents your desire to stand up amongst the crowd. You want attention, but aren't getting it.

That said, dream interpreting is not really my gig... but I hope there are no giraffees reading this thread because they can't dream about us as they only sleep a few minutes at a time...ever. Just doesn't seem fair, you know?

Here is a link to read about other dreamy animal friends. :)

I am not sure if this helps...but in general, the animals in your dreams represent your more primal instincts that is repressed in your waking life.

Giraffe~

To see a giraffe in your dream, suggests that you need to consider the overall picture. Take a broader view on your life and where it is headed. The dream may serve to indicate how you are "sticking your neck out" for someone.

To dream that you are riding a giraffe, represents your desire to stand up amongst the crowd. You want attention, but aren't getting it.

That said, dream interpreting is not really my gig... but I hope there are no giraffees reading this thread because they can't dream about us as they only sleep a few minutes at a time...ever. Just doesn't seem fair, you know?

Here is a link to read about other dreamy animal friends. :)

I've never been one to read horoscopes or try to decipher the symbolism of my dreams, but it's cool to know that giraffes get their own entry, too. And giraffes not having dreams is not fair. :)
I do wonder, though, what horoscopes for giraffes would be like.

Keroin bait

Would you like fries with that?

mcdonalds-giraffe.jpg

I'm so glad, I wasn´t drinking anything while reading that.

April 28 horoscope for Taurus Giraffe:
You're in the home neck stretch now, Taurus! Kiss your worries goodbye and stick out your purple tongue. Your efforts pay as other animals listen to your advice and bend over backward to please you, except for the rhino - he can't bend. Although certain spots in your love life still need working out, it's safe to coast for a while. You've spent months in this process of self-transformation and you deserve just a few minutes of rest.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Wendy's upsized all of their fries and drinks a few years ago. McD's large size is equal to a Wendy's med. But McD's is the one making people fat.

Can we share the fast food hate equally please?

I think that in many ways people have started using "McDonald's" as generic word for fast food. Much like xerox has come to mean any kind of photocopier. So it's a compliment of sorts, granted by the strictest judge of all: the natural evolution of language.

Dirty little secret: in the last two years, Yank has made more money on McD's projects than any other single client.

I think that in many ways people have started using "McDonald's" as generic word for fast food. Much like xerox has come to mean any kind of photocopier. So it's a compliment of sorts, granted by the strictest judge of all: the natural evolution of language.

Dirty little secret: in the last two years, Yank has made more money on McD's projects than any other single client.

I know, I guess I'm getting a bit touchy lately. I supose it's because I'm not happy in my work. When I am satisfied I can just tell people all of the benefits I recieve from the evil McD's corp. When I'm not, hearing things that belittle what I do just rub me the wrong way.

I guess it's really not you, or your post that I'm lashing out at. It's all of the people in my life who go "who gets rejected from McDonald's?" when I talk about sorting through the national hiring day interview notes. :rolleyes:

That, and I've just been a Grumpy Guss lately. :eek: Sorry bout that.

Cheerleaders and awesome support; a decent interview (fingers crossed for second interview); and changing Jack Handey sayings still make me laugh, too.

ETA: Receptiveness and possibilities.

Last edited:
I was asked out on a date today, instead I set him up with my flatmate. I make such a good wingwoman.

Oh and also catching a couple of guys doing a double take when out walking at lunch time today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back