The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like having my Red Robin burger-of-choice wrapped in iceberg lettuce instead of a bun. Now if were a good sourdough roll, that would be even better but the lettuce is good, really.

And an onion tower!!!! Can't go to Red Robin! - yum! - without the tower

Did you watch the YouTube video?
It was somewhat ironic that the voice was saying, "Sturdy American construction," while the video was showing repeated attempts to chop the doll's head off.

I was further amused to see that one of my favorite commercials was among the suggested viewing. "Mom said I could!"

OK, I am home, fed, showered and sweet-smelling. I have delivered high-profile authors events and pleasingly healthy resulting sales. I have even sold a fuckload more signed stock on t'interwebs.

Now, I have Merlot. Gaze upon me, ye mortals, and despair... :D
Mmm, merlot.... Sounds like you deserve it after your day. :)

I'm sure I could make salmon salad and both Secret and Little One would be able to handle it. But I can't just cook something like grilled salmon for myself. I'd feel selfish.

So we stick to tilapia, pike, haddock, or any other mild whitefish. And shrimp, although Little One is still a little squeamish about it.
Just about any fish is good. Love, love, love grilled salmon.

Squeamish over shrimp? She'd hate, HATE, knowing what my Cajun relatives do with crawfish/crawdads/crayfish/mudbugs...

Pinch
Pull
Suck
Bite
Oh, yes, please!

What sucks: My sister, niece and mother were in New Orleans two weeks ago. They did beignets..fuckers!!!!!

Just about any fish is good. Love, love, love grilled salmon.

That's my feeling, basically. But I live with two finicky women. :p

What sucks: My sister, niece and mother were in New Orleans two weeks ago. They did beignets..fuckers!!!!!

And they gloated about it, didn't they?

Now I need to check my roast. The whole house smells like peppers, onion and simmering pork.

They didn't bring you any? Shame!

That's my feeling, basically. But I live with two finicky women. :p

Now I need to check my roast. The whole house smells like peppers, onion and simmering pork.
It's good of you to deal with the finicky-ness.

Roast pork? Now I'm hungry!

Oh, it's gonna be yummy. I've had it slow-cooking since ten a.m., which was six and a half hours ago. It's so tender I can't even take it out with tongs.

Why do women do that to us?

Trying being Polish AND diabetic!

I love LOVE chrusciki and can't have them

chrusciki13.jpg

I don't think I've ever had the pleasure, and I've eaten food from a large variety of cultures. They look rather tasty, I have to say.

Very thin pieces of dough - usually with whiskey or vodka in it :D - that is deep fried and layers of powdered sugar is put on it..and I mean LAYERS

Very thin pieces of dough - usually with whiskey or vodka in it :D - that is deep fried and layers of powdered sugar is put on it..and I mean LAYERS

I can see that. :D

Hmm, that does sound decadent. I bet I can find a recipe online.

If I do, and I make some, I won't tell you how good they were. Promise. ;)

That secret recipe for chrusciki sounds to me like something that really needs to be in Di's recipe thread.

Ogg - that Barbie is going straight on the Christmas list for the Outlaw granny to buy! :D

OMG, I have survived Barbie and the Pink Shoes. Not only was it about Barbie - it was about Barbie and the ballet!!!! :eek: But you know what the worst thing is? The worst thing is ... I love the ballet and so I LOVED it!!!! Oh God, I need whisky now. And chocolate. And more whisky. The shame of it! LOL.

*sigh* This is cruel. I just finished eating my pathetic microwave lunch at work, now I hop on here and read all about Red Robin burgers (love the banzai burger with a chocolate malt) and smoked salmon. The only comeback I have is that in one month I'll be in California sipping wine and enjoying Napa cooking.

Amen to burgers being on rolls. However, I am being fastidious (overly so, according to the mister) about following my dentist's orders about what I can't eat with my braces. When they finally come off, a thick and juicy burger on a hard roll is climbing back up the list of "First Thing To Eat."

I don't care! It's a bridge, which means water beneath, and in your area includes insane winds!

I think I want those boots. And the dress.

No, but she looks a bit more realistic than the standard Barbie. At least her feet aren't molded into that horrific stance. She even looks like she has thighs!

Hehe, it was a bit windy out there which made keeping the camera stable a pain, even with the tripod. But it was safe. You can call me insane when I start leaning over the guard rails.

Oh, it's gonna be yummy. I've had it slow-cooking since ten a.m., which was six and a half hours ago. It's so tender I can't even take it out with tongs.

Why do women do that to us?
It's that tender? Hell, I could eat it!

Oh, and we do it because we can. :kiss:

That much powdered sugar sounds tricky to eat.

*sigh* This is cruel. I just finished eating my pathetic microwave lunch at work, now I hop on here and read all about Red Robin burgers (love the banzai burger with a chocolate malt) and smoked salmon. The only comeback I have is that in one month I'll be in California sipping wine and enjoying Napa cooking.
Ooh, the Banzai burger is one of my favorites, too!

Of course, I'm already sipping wine. ;)

Morning all! Pop the Keurig on, Rolf.

It's a bright sunny day here in Stepford, looks like one for going to the beach. If the sulking Piglet can be persuaded that this isn't yet another opportunity to assert her identity by saying she wants to do something-else and then having a hissy fit when I say OK, sure - let's do that boring thing you've thought of. :rolleyes:

Morning all! Pop the Keurig on, Rolf.

It's a bright sunny day here in Stepford, looks like one for going to the beach. If the sulking Piglet can be persuaded that this isn't yet another opportunity to assert her identity by saying she wants to do something-else and then having a hissy fit when I say OK, sure - let's do that boring thing you've thought of. :rolleyes:

Heya, kitty. ;)

I'm nursing my third beer and considering another pulled pork sandwich while writing yet another disturbing scene. I really need to finish this story and get on to lighter fare. But methinks this is going to be novel-length, or close to it.

Heya, kitty. ;)

I'm nursing my third beer and considering another pulled pork sandwich while writing yet another disturbing scene. I really need to finish this story and get on to lighter fare. But methinks this is going to be novel-length, or close to it.

Lighter fare as in a salad sandwich? ;)

Fab on the story! Keep going. Make it a novel, that would be :cool:.

Lighter fare as in a salad sandwich? ;)

Fab on the story! Keep going. Make it a novel, that would be :cool:.

Mmm . . . tuna salad sandwich. :p

As for writing, I can't seem to keep my prose down. I just keep writing more and more. I guess I'm not a "quickie" kind of guy. I like to take my time . . . :devil:

I still need to finish my IPA before I have any coffee. My muse is still trying to find her voice. Some recent personal issues have left her a little shaken. Hanging out here in the Naked Party has been the only real "normalcy" in the last week. Still trying to work on the opening scene.

I still need to finish my IPA before I have any coffee. My muse is still trying to find her voice. Some recent personal issues have left her a little shaken. Hanging out here in the Naked Party has been the only real "normalcy" in the last week. Still trying to work on the opening scene.

Oh, sweet pea. I'm sorry. Have a neck massage - that will make you feel better.

How's your cold? Maybe you feel down because of the cold? I hope you're going to take it easy this weekend and get over the dreaded bug. It's easy to dismiss these things and then they linger on for days making you feel rotten.
:rose:

Oh, sweet pea. I'm sorry. Have a neck massage - that will make you feel better.

How's your cold? Maybe you feel down because of the cold? I hope you're going to take it easy this weekend and get over the dreaded bug. It's easy to dismiss these things and then they linger on for days making you feel rotten.
:rose:

Are you offering one? ;)

The cold seems to be holding off. Yesterday I had all the makings of it; light cough, increasingly dry throat, light headedness. Still felt a little light headed today, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. So either it was a false alarm, or I'm going to get smacked with a sucker punch.
:D:rose:

Are you offering one? ;)

The cold seems to be holding off. Yesterday I had all the makings of it; light cough, increasingly dry throat, light headedness. Still felt a little light headed today, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. So either it was a false alarm, or I'm going to get smacked with a sucker punch.
:D:rose:

C'mere and chill. I will virtually rub your neck and shoulders down while actually hanging out three loads of laundry, LOL.
Now, you be careful about that cold, don't go wild at the weekend and crawl back here with a hacking cough next week. :heart:

C'mere and chill. I will virtually rub your neck and shoulders down while actually hanging out three loads of laundry, LOL.
Now, you be careful about that cold, don't go wild at the weekend and crawl back here with a hacking cough next week. :heart:

*Lies down on the couch*

Yes M'am, I promise I'll be good. :D Luckily, nothing big planned. Probably just hand around, get some cleaning done in the study and watch my race on Sunday. Looks like rain all weekend, so no outdoor photography.

You hang dry all your laundry?

*Lies down on the couch*

Yes M'am, I promise I'll be good. :D Luckily, nothing big planned. Probably just hand around, get some cleaning done in the study and watch my race on Sunday. Looks like rain all weekend, so no outdoor photography.

You hang dry all your laundry?

Oh yes, dahlink *rubs almond oil into shoulders*. I have a Brabantia rotary drier on the patio in the garden. Every day I tootle out and say: Good morning daffodils! Good morning, roses - I will prune you next week, I promise! (even though now I find I ought to have done you in the autumn). Electric driers are very environmentally unfriendly, and I am a bad buddhist. Hanging the laundry is my moment of meditation. Or of going: Jesus H! that bl**dy builder still hasn't come back to fix the leak, and how can I make pancakes when the eggs are all out of date.

Snigger. Here's my second blogpost about drying laundry. The first early one wasn't as funny.

What race is that you're going to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back