Old 07-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #1
LaurelOneiros
Experienced

Define "snuff"

I get the general idea that "snuff" includes but is not limited to acts of extreme, gory violence, but I had also seen cases where, with the absence of permanent damage, non-consent or even a single drop of blood, a body of text is considered "snuff".

To avoid inadvertent violation of the no-snuff rule, I hereby ask for a definition or rule-of-thumb for "snuff".

Old 07-15-2017, 05:02 AM   #2
SpiritRider
Literotica Guru

Snuff is "resulting in death".

Old 07-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
loveupskirt
Really Really Experienced

Really?

The need to even ask this question tells me this is not someone I ever want to chat with. Wow...

Old 07-27-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
Quip
Really Experienced

SpiritRider is correct:
Snuff means erotic fixation with the death of the person. Hence why it is disallowed.
If folks have an interest in blood play that is between you and the other consenting party.
Consent is key regardless of the fetish.
Also, in regards to your post about a little bit of blood being associated with snuff - it isnt, but a lot of people can feel 'triggered' by talk of that sort, especially if the room it is discussed in isn't one where you could reasonably expect to see a conversation about it take place. If you have further concerns or questions feel free to PM me via the forum or contact me on the chat.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
LaurelOneiros
Experienced

I guess I'll just have to chalk up that one death-free story that was labelled "snuff" as a manifestation of the proof-reader's carelessness or display of personal disapproval.