Does shyness bother you?

  • Thread starter BeautifulBlueSky218
  • Start date
B

BeautifulBlueSky218

Guest
I've always been shy my entire life and sometimes it takes me a long time before I can open up to people. I prefer connecting with others before feeling safe to wanting to open up fully.

My question is, Does men love shy woman/ladies? Is it a turn on or a turn off for you? Or does it do absolutely nothing for you.

Sometimes I'm so shy I find myself actually blushing and stuttering over my words if I like someone a lot. Other times I'll babble on like a idiot and have no idea what I'm even talking about. Once I get to know the person well, I'm at ease. In the beginning though many people has found me giggling like a little school girl and not sure what to say.

I'd like to get to know the person fully before opening up because I love connecting with others and listening to what they have to say. Intellectual conversations is my thing so to speak and I love deep conversations especially.

So does anyone else love shyness? Or is it something that wouldn't work for you. I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on this.

Thanks!! :cathappy:

857bf631c576c719a378409fb4afe4f5a4c3feee_hq.gif
 
It is the person inside that makes the difference. I am shy myself. It is what is inside as far as personality and shyness would just be something to savor about the one you care about.
 
Shyness in a lady is something I find wonderful, I guess it helps that I am a comforting nurturer.
 
It can be a case of opposites attracting each other.
As a confident, outward-going fella, I find the kind of shyness you describe as deeply appealing. Especially when beyond it is intellect and depth. Yeah, I'm smiling, lady! :rose:
 
You sound like a very sweet person. Anyone who is "turned off" by you being shy, probably isn't worth knowing.
 
Sometimes, if a girl is shy but I know she's enjoying herself, I will be playful with it and tease her about it (gently). It can be a lot of fun.
 
With women, it's usually just seen as cute. With guys, some women like shy guys but "shy" guys are a tad more likely, on the average, to be seen as creepy than "cute", it seems like.....Though I may be wrong.
 
I used to be extremely shy and incredibly naive. This had a significant impact on me when I was growing up, in so many ways. I think I would still be struggling with it if I had not had a wonderful open minded and caring man come into my life. From that time I became a different person but there's still traces of the old me that bubble to the surface every now and then
 
Tbh it depends on whether you're giving out the right signals

If you show that you're barely interested or that you are bored, then it's a turn off. Otherwise, I think it's fine
 
Don't worry, shy is totally fine. If anything, it actually attracts many men.

Also don't worry about blushing, stuttering or talking nonsense. In my experience men don't pay a lot of attention to that.
 
Each person is different and should be treated as a person. With that said it also known that there are some that are not so nice and others that would do anything for someone else.

And all this has nothing to do with whether a person is shy or not.
Sissy is neither turned on of off by shyness, it is simply the way a person is, it just takes longer to get to the fun.
As a child sissy moved around a lot and had to make friends quickly which to an extent is why as an adult sissy was the opposite, very picky of who to trust and took a long time to get to know someone.

Piece of advice, BE YOU, and don't worry about the rest. People should like you for yourself not something else.
If someone really likes you then they like YOU.
Hope this sissy view helped, so go out and enjoy.
 
SissySalina
These are some beautiful words in theory, but I guess we all know how far they are from reality. People will judge. People will like you or not like you, based on what you do and how you do it. It's the truth of life.

You can hide behind sugary words, or you can work on your people skills and develop traits that make you more likeable.... OR you can keep saying that everyone should like you for who you are and possibly suffer for it, because people by and large will not care.

And you know what? It's CORRECT. I'm happy it's the way it is. I'm happy people judge each other, because otherwise our society would turn into a rotting swamp. Being judgmental is the way our nature makes us evolve in the right direction.

p.s. Above does not really apply to shyness. Shyness is a neutral factor and people don't care for it much. It could harm you only in a way of limiting your own options. But to other traits - it does matter what you do and how you do it. So yea, BE YOU. But listen to what people say and remember to know how to PRESENT the YOU you are currently BEEING.
 
Last edited:
Someone being shy doesn't bother me at all.
It can be an adorable quality.

lol, I've known plenty of rambunctious and forward people in my life,
a demure and quiet woman isn't bad, especially if I can know her intimately on my own.
 
BeautifulBlueSky218

I can completely connect (not sure that's the right word) with you on this.
I too am very shy (although you would never believe it reading some of my posts). For me, Lit is an escape, and I would be horrified if anyone 'at home' ever found out I was on here :eek:

I get the general impression that a lot of men find any girl who is potentially submissive, or who they could dominate easily, as attractive. I know that's probably an unfair generalisation - there certainly are men out there who are kind, thoughtful, considerate and sensitive, but in truth, I think guys like you are in a minority there - the generally accepted stereotype is a man who is dominant and in control (just my limited experience).

I feel that guys are more likely to hit on ladies like me because of my small size - lots of guys like the idea of being with a 'little' girl (no I don't mean they like children, but child-like seems to be a turn on for many). Similarly with shy girls/women. I believe they like to feel they are the protector and nurturer - perhaps a throwback neanderthal desire to carry their mate away, and 'teach' her about life?

How far from the truth is that guys?
Honestly :)

PS: You sound like my kind of lady ;)
 
I met a shy guy today.

Unfortunately, he's the cardiologist reviewing my stress test.

Didn't even look at me.
 
I've always been shy my entire life and sometimes it takes me a long time before I can open up to people. I prefer connecting with others before feeling safe to wanting to open up fully.

My question is, Does men love shy woman/ladies? Is it a turn on or a turn off for you? Or does it do absolutely nothing for you.

Sometimes I'm so shy I find myself actually blushing and stuttering over my words if I like someone a lot. Other times I'll babble on like a idiot and have no idea what I'm even talking about. Once I get to know the person well, I'm at ease. In the beginning though many people has found me giggling like a little school girl and not sure what to say.

I'd like to get to know the person fully before opening up because I love connecting with others and listening to what they have to say. Intellectual conversations is my thing so to speak and I love deep conversations especially.

So does anyone else love shyness? Or is it something that wouldn't work for you. I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on this.

Thanks!! :cathappy:

857bf631c576c719a378409fb4afe4f5a4c3feee_hq.gif


I am very much an extrovert, so I have always been drawn to those who are shy, and never given it much thought. That old saw "Still waters run deep" seems to very much apply to many of the more shy people I've known, as they either have interesting thoughts or strong emotions to reveal when they are ready. In terms of dating, all of the ladies I have dated would be considered shy, and I wouldn't change a thing. Just my thoughts...
 
eh...you are who you are....just don't use it as and excuse to be medicated. Some people are so shy they'll straight jacket themselves, and become vulnerable to extremely skilled manipulators.. They've become masters at junk-psychology like "Emotional intelligence".
always watcher your back and credit cards
 
Shyness in women tends to be rather a welcome trait. Shyness in men is considered pathetic weakness, but then, so is kindness.

For the record, I'm someone who needs a partner who is my equal in strength and intelligence. Other than that, I don't have many other requirements.
 
Shyness doesn't bother me, until it becomes, y'know, impractical.
If you are too shy to be able to respond to me...I mean...I don't hold it against you, but I'm not sure I can work with that.
So, I guess I'm saying there's sort of a continuum of shyness, and, at some point, it becomes a real problem just connecting.
 
Back
Top