The General Commentary Thread

I have a couple of Illustrated Sentences that subscribed to all of the rules. I just titled them for the places I took the photos. We could have a sub-genre of "food sentences" ... Mozzarella phrases in a Lasagna Sentence ... Bratwurst Sentence - and the like.

I thought I'd write an apology and say sorry I hadn't sooner, eh?
 
Hip - tragically unkown outside Canada?

From American Sentence thread
The following is not my sentence but rather a sentence written by a much more famous poet than I - Gord Downie. I thought it rather appropriate for our little corner of poetic culture.
::

Don't tell me what the poets are doing; don't tell me ... they're talking tough.

::

We were in Stratford (ON) the night of the LAST HIP CONCERT (going to dinner and "A Little Night Music" as a matter of fact) and while the bistro staff were all aware of the Hip, they felt the band was largely unknown to those from the USA and beyond. Pity eh!
 
Last edited:
I want to echo Piscator's statement (or, more cheaply, simply copy it). I'm really enjoying the sentences people are posting and I'm especially pleased that the ephemeral but wonderful Katie Jones posted a little flurry of what I can only assume are (North) American Sentences (Ms. J. is, I think, Canuckian), and that darkerdreamer (that's still a creepy avatar, bro) emerged from his long absence to quip his way to seventeen syllables.

Thank you. :) I'm trying not to be ephemeral.

I like the form because there is a constant war in me between poet and storyteller-often the storyteller wins and sneaks so many words past the poet. It really pisses the poet off. :cool:

I don't apologize without reason or say eh but I do throw the letter 'u' into a lot of words.:)
 
Hi ya Annie, saw you've plunged into the 30. I'll keep ya company but on my Tripe thread so I don't leave gaps when I decide to pull 'em.

And lol, to your first piece, what's yours is yours!
 
Hi ya Annie, saw you've plunged into the 30. I'll keep ya company but on my Tripe thread so I don't leave gaps when I decide to pull 'em.

And lol, to your first piece, what's yours is yours!

Great Idea! I don't bother to pull them though, if it's something I want to keep it goes in both! It's already in American sentences too, why not make it three threads lol?
 
I don't come here for all the dirty talk disguised as poetry.


It's just the bonus.
 
Darkmass first I laughed then wondered why you would want to eat one of these?

http://adorablekittens.com/20-of-the-most-expensive-cat-breeds-in-the-world/20/


Oh dear ... the dmaas "brand" instantly tarnished. Luckily, not many were watching ...

::

I know an old lady who swallowed a cat
Imagine that!
She swallowed a cat.

She swallowed the cat
to catch the bird
she swallowed the bird to catch the spider
that wriggled and ...

... but I don't know why she swallowed the fly
Perhaps she'll die.

::

Ironically my family and I are cat people to an extreme. We live in a cluster of other cat people so the neighbourhood is awash in felines. Hypothetically of course: were one to devour a cat, would it not be best if the cat were expensive, well bred and carefully groomed?

::

Perhaps a sonnet on the perfidy of feline gastronomy is called for: fourteen simple lines to tear at the heart strings ... what could be hard about that?

::
 
I thought this one by Calli was very nice--very sexy, actually. Perhaps because I love books and collect them. Perhaps because I like to re-read books. Perhaps because I love to revisit the body of the woman I love.

She is someone I love to read, and read, and read, even though I know our story.
 
I thought this one by Calli was very nice--very sexy, actually. Perhaps because I love books and collect them. Perhaps because I like to re-read books. Perhaps because I love to revisit the body of the woman I love.

She is someone I love to read, and read, and read, even though I know our story.

Thanks, Tzara. :)
 
Back
Top