Gor Alternate Universe Idea...

jrgg43

Experienced
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Posts
47
Would anyone consider a story (probably under the letters section) of an alternate Gor that has Twitter available?
 
I doubt the Priest Kings would approve of twitter and besides, what's the point?
 
I doubt the Priest Kings would approve of twitter and besides, what's the point?

Well of course the Priest Kings would disapprove of Twitter; that IS the point! Our Hero would have to tweet under their radar.

Maybe the Kurii are using Twitter to help to undermine the Priest King's dominance over Gor; Tarl Cabot would pretend to go along with them, but only as a pretext to learn more about their secret plans.

As with most Gor novels, one particular subculture is explored. In this one, the subculture would be the Gorean equivalent of Silicon Valley, and Tarl would pose as a Java programmer; he would secretly suss out all that he can about the Kurii info tech subculture, rise to prominence in it, and ultimately take it down from within. And of course narrowly escape with his life, and a few new slaves to enjoy in the furs of his home in Port Kar.
 
I admit I haven't read all of the books but not only would the Priest Kings probably have stopped people from creating an internet in the first fucking place (they claim they are only against war tech but war tech seems to be broad enough that they've stopped transportation from evolving beyond 17th century stuff.) so within the confines it seems unlikely.

I guess if you were going to write a full novel you'd have time for Tarl vs Steve Jobs but I can't see pulling it off in a shorter story. Which still doesn't get past twitter is silly.
 
Back
Top