Communism in the US.

Where's that taxi I asked for 15 or so posts ago? This is worse than NYC! Never one when you need it. Maybe if I hold up a $20 bill standing under the street light on the curb?
 
Can someone point me at the laws that made it illegal? I admit I have no knowledge, but I find it incomprehensible that a country that trumpets freedom as it's raison d'etre would make...freedom, illegal.

Communism requires expropriation of the capitalists' property just to start with, doesn't it? The 5th Amendment won't allow uncompensated expropriation of private property. (Taxation is a different matter, expressly constitutional under other provisions.)
 
Last edited:
I'll rephrase.

Can someone that isn't a spammer point me at the laws in the US that make communism illegal?

Well, if you mean, not Communism as a system, but simply a person being an active Communist, there are no laws against that as such*; but (like practically every other country) we do have laws against sedition. See in particular the Smith Act.

*Well, the Communist Control Act is still on the books, but a federal district court ruled it unconstitutional in 1973 (the SCOTUS has never ruled on it either way), and no administration has tried to enforce it. But, a lot of Communist leaders were prosecuted under the Smith Act back in the '50s.
 
Last edited:
Then how did McCarthy get away with it?

Get away with what? He did not bring any criminal prosecutions, he simply demanded that public officials with (what he claimed were) Communist sympathies should be fired. A government job is not a civil right.
 
Communism was never illegal, but there was a law passed in the forties that made it illegal to fraternize with groups that were interested in overthrowing the U.S. government. Back then, they also used it to go after right wing groups, like the American Nazi Party, but it later became associated primarily with communism.

"Blacklisting" had little to do with the law.

I'm curious as to why you call NAZI a right wing or conservative party, the very name NAZI signifies that it is the National Socialist Party, as far left wing as you can get without being Communist.
 
I'm curious as to why you call NAZI a right wing or conservative party, the very name NAZI signifies that it is the National Socialist Party, as far left wing as you can get without being Communist.

What? The Nazis were right wing fascists.
 
I'm curious as to why you call NAZI a right wing or conservative party, the very name NAZI signifies that it is the National Socialist Party, as far left wing as you can get without being Communist.

That's what I've waited in this thread: for a typical American Idiot post.

Thanks.
 
...end result communism is for quitters. for those that have given up on life and have realized that he or she is a loser
 
I'm curious as to why you call NAZI a right wing or conservative party, the very name NAZI signifies that it is the National Socialist Party, as far left wing as you can get without being Communist.

have you ever read any history of the Nazi party

the moment they got into power, they broke up unions , kicked and jailed the left leaning members of their party and made any kind of left wing publication illegal to publish


of course you don't

because you're an idiot
 
I'm curious as to why you call NAZI a right wing or conservative party, the very name NAZI signifies that it is the National Socialist Party, as far left wing as you can get without being Communist.

:rolleyes: The Nazis were socialist in the sense that the later German Democratic Republic was democratic.

As Orwell wrote in 1941:

Socialism is usually defined as "common ownership of the means of production". Crudely: the State, representing the whole nation, owns everything, and everyone is a State employee. This does NOT mean that people are stripped of private possessions such as clothes and furniture, but it DOES mean that all productive goods, such as land, mines, ships and machinery, are the property of the State. The State is the sole large-scale producer. It is not certain that Socialism is in all ways superior to capitalism, but it is certain that, unlike capitalism, it can solve the problems of production and consumption. At normal times a capitalist economy can never consume all that it produces, so that there is always a wasted surplus (wheat burned in furnaces, herrings dumped back into the sea etc etc) and always unemployment. In time of war, on the other hand, it has difficulty in producing all that it needs, because nothing is produced unless someone sees his way to making a profit out of it. In a Socialist economy these problems do not exist. The State simply calculates what goods will be needed and does its best to produce them. Production is only limited by the amount of labour and raw materials. Money, for internal purposes, ceases to be a mysterious all-powerful thing and becomes a sort of coupon or ration-ticket, issued in sufficient quantities to buy up such consumption goods as may be available at the moment.

However, it has become clear in the last few years that "common ownership of the means of production" is not in itself a sufficient definition of Socialism. One must also add the following: approximate equality of incomes (it need be no more than approximate), political democracy, and abolition of all hereditary privilege, especially in education. These are simply the necessary safeguards against the reappearance of a class system. Centralised ownership has very little meaning unless the mass of the people are living roughly upon an equal level, and have some kind of control over the government. "The State" may come to mean no more than a self-elected political party, and oligarchy and privilege can return, based on power rather than on money.

But what then is Fascism?

Fascism, at any rate the German version, is a form of capitalism that borrows from Socialism just such features as will make it efficient for war purposes. Internally, Germany has a good deal in common with a Socialist state. Ownership has never been abolished, there are still capitalists and workers, and–this is the important point, and the real reason why rich men all over the world tend to sympathise with Fascism–generally speaking the same people are capitalists and the same people workers as before the Nazi revolution. But at the same time the State, which is simply the Nazi Party, is in control of everything. It controls investment, raw materials, rates of interest, working hours, wages. The factory owner still owns his factory, but he is for practical purposes reduced to the status of a manager. Everyone is in effect a State employee, though the salaries vary very greatly. The mere EFFICIENCY of such a system, the elimination of waste and obstruction, is obvious. In seven years it has built up the most powerful war machine the world has ever seen.

But the idea underlying Fascism is irreconcilably different from that which underlies Socialism. Socialism aims, ultimately, at a world-state of free and equal human beings. It takes the equality of human rights for granted. Nazism assumes just the opposite. The driving force behind the Nazi movement is the belief in human INEQUALITY, the superiority of Germans to all other races, the right of Germany to rule the world. Outside the German Reich it does not recognise any obligations. Eminent Nazi professors have "proved" over and over again that only Nordic man is fully human, have even mooted the idea that non Nordic peoples (such as ourselves) can interbreed with gorillas! Therefore, while a species of war-Socialism exists within the German state, its attitude towards conquered nations is frankly that of an exploiter. The function of the Czechs, Poles, French, etc is simply to produce such goods as Germany may need, and get in return just as little as will keep them from open rebellion. If we are conquered, our job will probably be to manufacture weapons for Hitler's forthcoming wars with Russia and America. The Nazis aim, in effect, at setting up a kind of caste system, with four main castes corresponding rather closely to those of the Hindu religion. At the top comes the Nazi party, second come the mass of the German people, third come the conquered European populations. Fourth and last are to come the coloured peoples, the "semi-apes" as Hitler calls them, who are to be reduced quite openly to slavery.
 
:rolleyes:
You and (her) still cyber are have you and (her) moved to phone sex yet:confused:

Tell you what:

Why don't you PM me your home phone number so I can call and ask your wife how she feels about you posting here and calling other women a "dumb cunt"?

Give me your daughter's number too so I can ask her how proud she is of her effeminate pop...
 
Back
Top