Sailor's Cove: The Adventure Continues

I did! On all fronts! ;)

Thanks! Great to see you and I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

It was a holiday full of festivities and cheer. The juletide was delightfully complete on all fronts (and some backs).

Onwards to new year's eve, and perhaps back to work (new work) after.

Hope everyone’s holidays have been smashing! I’m heading back to work (boo!) but my boys come home from their grandparents today (yay!)

Looking forward to 2018 and leaving 2017 in the rear view!

Hope everyone’s holidays have been smashing! I’m heading back to work (boo!) but my boys come home from their grandparents today (yay!)

Looking forward to 2018 and leaving 2017 in the rear view!

I'm with ya! Let's dump 2017!!!!!

I'm at work today a little bit too, so I feel your pain! I hope it's not too taxing a day! ;)

And...

I'm always happy to see AJ!!! :rose:

It was a holiday full of festivities and cheer. The juletide was delightfully complete on all fronts (and some backs).

Onwards to new year's eve, and perhaps back to work (new work) after.

LMAO...."and some backs" :devil:

Good to hear that you had a wonderful holiday!

Glad to see you back around.

6bf06493faad5ddf7e55ace05a84a4a0--weather-quotes-hot-coffee.jpg

As many of you know, Winnie the Pooh has a special place in my life.

And, of course, this just confirms it.

26114014_1623178441113702_2418369602556316968_n.jpg

LMAO...."and some backs" :devil:

Good to hear that you had a wonderful holiday!

Glad to see you back around.

It's nice to be here. It's a little less dire this time. I'm not seeking anything in specific right now, so maybe that adds to the more relaxed feeling.

Did you also enjoy your holiday? Almost 2018... Crazy huh?

It's nice to be here. It's a little less dire this time. I'm not seeking anything in specific right now, so maybe that adds to the more relaxed feeling.

Shiva!! So good to see you. :rose:

Oh hello there, Curvy! Very nice to see you, too. Hope you've been keeping well. Anything new happening in your life? :rose:

Yeah, I will say that you have to come to Lit on your own terms. It can be a challenge...

I hope you find happiness, no matter where you look for it.

I went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi tonight.

For me, when that big Orange Star Wars pops up on the big screen, and the open phrase "Duh duh duh da dah..." kicks in. I'm a 10 year old boy again. Watching what was seriously the greatest movie of my life.

No other movie will ever compare to Star Wars in 1977. It was spring/summer and I was 10 (would be 11 soon). I was the perfect age. It was - and in many ways still is - the perfect movie.

And the new one takes me back (no, 1,2 and 3 really didn't).

And yes...I'd do Rey (Daisy Ridley)...

RIP: Carrie Fisher.

Hi Shiva,
fancy bumping into you
in the cove! I hope you had a really good Christmas?
Only yesterday I was thinking it was about time to brighten your gallery up with a few new photos, what do you think?
E :rose:

Last edited:
Yeah, I will say that you have to come to Lit on your own terms. It can be a challenge...

I hope you find happiness, no matter where you look for it.

what good advice. :rose:
i hope you had a good holiday lakesailer.
all the best in the new year to you and everyone in the cove. :)

*sits and waits for coffee*
I think he's late this morning. Maybe I'll go hit up Starbucks then come back.

For me, when that big Orange Star Wars pops up on the big screen, and the open phrase "Duh duh duh da dah..." kicks in. I'm a 10 year old boy again. Watching what was seriously the greatest movie of my life.

No other movie will ever compare to Star Wars in 1977. It was spring/summer and I was 10 (would be 11 soon). I was the perfect age. It was - and in many ways still is - the perfect movie.

I’m going to see it tonight with my daughter. It’s her last night home.

I saw the first movie when it first came out in 1977 as well. I was a young teen and my parents informed me that we were going to drive 50 miles to a theater that had Dolby to see this movie. I hadn’t heard of the movie, couldn’t care less about seeing it, and was in teen girl hell standing in line for hours with my parents and four younger brothers. Then I was in that cushy seat, the lights dropped, the movie started, and I was all in. :)

I saw the original at the Drive In. I was in elementary school and all the cousins went. :) I'd barely remember the movie but I remember the fun we had that night... except Iv'e seen the movie so many times since. I often wonder if I loved the movie simply because of the fun we had all together at the movies that night, staying up late, eating candy and popcorn (rare treats) and catching fireflies before the movie started.

After reading both of your stories. I now want to hear others. I loved the Star Wars Movies. I didn't get to see any of the first 3 (4-6) in the theater though.

I’m going to see it tonight with my daughter. It’s her last night home.

I saw the first movie when it first came out in 1977 as well. I was a young teen and my parents informed me that we were going to drive 50 miles to a theater that had Dolby to see this movie. I hadn’t heard of the movie, couldn’t care less about seeing it, and was in teen girl hell standing in line for hours with my parents and four younger brothers. Then I was in that cushy seat, the lights dropped, the movie started, and I was all in. :)

I saw the first Star Wars on its opening weekend in Westwood CA, near UCLA. A friend of mine was really excited about it (I don't even think I'd heard about it yet), because he said it was going to be cool because it had 'old, dirty' spaceships in it - when most space movies had sets that were spic n' span brand new looking. An odd thing to remember all these years later. Loved the hell out of it, saw it twice more in the several weeks after.

Back