The Truth is Blinding, isn't it?

You call this truth? I call this a failed attempt at humor.

When a liberal can't laugh, it may be hitting too close to home.

Nope, its far off in crazyland. Nowhere near where I live.

Now I want to ask the OP why post this thread now. This video's old. I remember watching the young turks video in response to this one from CRTV a month or so ago...so why the delay dude? Did you just come across CRTV and saw it recently?

Now I want to ask the OP why post this thread now. This video's old. I remember watching the young turks video in response to this one from CRTV a month or so ago...so why the delay dude? Did you just come across CRTV and saw it recently?

We laugh because it's funny and we laugh because it's true. Saw it. Laughed at it. Thought of you.

Actually, a lot of Democrats that I know in my personal life are normal, non-crazed wishful thinkers who hope for a solid tomorrow, but the Demos that talk the loudest and the one's running for office or in office (not all, but many), are just like the representation of the party in that video. I've had friends (from both parties) wonder what's the point in supporting either? The Big Two tell us that there is progress and the world is progressing, but outside of a new iPhone and cool apps, almost self-driving cars, and finding new ways to downsize work forces, nothing is changing, and Demos and Repubs are responsible for that.

We laugh because it's funny and we laugh because it's true. Saw it. Laughed at it. Thought of you.

You shouldn't have...really you shouldn't have.

I guess its the thought that counts.

The funny thing about the conservative mindset that creates propaganda like this is the misinformation they cling to about people who don't believe as they do. I don't see that nearly as much from liberal extremists.

Liberal extremists don't have a sense of humor, they're above that and they depend on Bill Maher and SNL and their hollywood buddies to get them their jokes. :(

Actually, a lot of Democrats that I know in my personal life are normal, non-crazed wishful thinkers who hope for a solid tomorrow, but the Demos that talk the loudest and the one's running for office or in office (not all, but many), are just like the representation of the party in that video. I've had friends (from both parties) wonder what's the point in supporting either? The Big Two tell us that there is progress and the world is progressing, but outside of a new iPhone and cool apps, almost self-driving cars, and finding new ways to downsize work forces, nothing is changing, and Demos and Repubs are responsible for that.

Interestingly that reflects my own experience with conservatives. I live in a very red state and have many Republican friends. They care deeply about the health and direction of our country, and I can relate to that even if I disagree with them on what priorities that health and direction takes. Some wear their MAGA hat with pride and others just shake their head over where the party they've voted for most of their adult lives has gone in the last two years.

That's why you have to realize liberal or conservative either one is just people, your neighbor, your friend. Try stepping away from the stereotyping like in the video from CRTV where you reduce people down to caricatures without nuance or understanding or empathy. It's hard especially here in these deeply partisan times I know, but give it a shot for your faith in your fellow American citizens.

Liberal extremists don't have a sense of humor, they're above that and they depend on Bill Maher and SNL and their hollywood buddies to get them their jokes. :(

Oh good you're not talking about me. I can't stand Bill Maher and haven't watched SNL in years. They're almost as unfunny as that CRTV video.

That's why you have to realize liberal or conservative either one is just people, your neighbor, your friend. Try stepping away from the stereotyping like in the video from CRTV where you reduce people down to caricatures without nuance or understanding or empathy. It's hard especially here in these deeply partisan times I know, but give it a shot for your faith in your fellow American citizens.

For the most part I do, but on an internet forum I only answer those who are going to far with their comments.

For the most part I do, but on an internet forum I only answer those who are going to far with their comments.

There's always going to be those. I'll go too far. You'll go too far. This forum is a place for people to go too far with their comments. That's what this place is.

You said that liberals have no sense of humor but then you cite liberal comedic sources. I don't know if you're serious or just throwing shit.

That's not what I said.

I said "liberal extremists" and then mentioned shows that try to be funny, and given the sad face I put up there, you could infer that I didn't find them funny at all, therefor saying, "Liberal extremists have no sense of humor about themselves."

That's not what I said.

I said "liberal extremists" and then mentioned shows that try to be funny, and given the sad face I put up there, you could infer that I didn't find them funny at all, therefor saying, "Liberal extremists have no sense of humor about themselves."

Funny I would've said that the far right wing, like Christian evangelicals for instance, have no sense of humor about themselves. However I think that's a difference of perspective rather than indicative of a truism about either side.

Comedy is clearly subjective.

The video the OP linked you found hilarious because it spoke to you and your perceived experience of what the Left wants while when I watched it it made my eyes roll thinking..."Look who's talking".

Last edited:
Conservative humor: “You fell for all the lies I told. Ha ha.”

Funny I would've said that the far right wing, like Christian evangelicals for instance, have no sense of humor about themselves. However I think that's a difference of perspective rather than indicative of a truism about either side.

Comedy is clearly subjective.

The video the OP linked you found hilarious because it spoke to you and your perceived experience of what the Left wants while when I watched it it made my eyes roll thinking..."Look who's talking".

That's twice you'v just repeated what I said back to me.

I'm in an Independent, but their are a few Demos on here that are just nasty (and if the Repubs on here were just as bad a whole, I'd be giving them a hard time too, but they're not) and those Demos are the only reason I started posting on the politics board, but there is no discussion here.

Last edited:
Back