What's Up WIth Bob?

So, Bob ... Are you gonna do anything besides spend GovBucks?
 
Mueller pushes Congress to hold public Russia hearings — because he doesn’t trust GOP to share info

Special prosecutor Robert Mueller doesn’t want key witnesses in Congress’s probes into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election to get away with hiding behind closed doors.

CNN reports that Mueller’s team “has urged Congress to schedule testimony of some key witnesses in public session — to avoid the possibility that the special counsel may be blocked from accessing information given to the committees privately.”

So far, however, Congressional investigators have only scheduled private hearings with witnesses such as Donald Trump Jr., who in a 2016 email enthusiastically endorsed a plan to work with the Russian government to unearth damaging information on Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. Complicating matters, says CNN, is the fact that Mueller’s team has mostly kept Congress out of the loop when it comes to new findings and developments in its investigation.

Bob doesn't trust the Grump Old Pricks to tell the truth! :eek:
 
Mueller to interview Spicer and Priebus as special counsel probe targets Trump’s inner circle: report

Special counsel Robert Mueller has set his sights on six current and former Donald Trump advisers in his ongoing investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, the Washington Post reports.

The special counsel is planning to interview interim White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, former Press Secretary Sean Spicer, former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, White House Counsel and Assistant to the President Don McGahn, McGahn’s deputy James Burnham and White House spokesman Josh Raffel as part of the probe, according to a list Mueller’s team sent the White House several weeks ago.

Raffel was one of the Trump aides involved in crafting a misleading response to the now-infamous meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer, which was attended by several members of the campaign, including top Trump aide and son-in-law Jared Kushner.

As the Post notes, McGahn and Burnham were both approached by former acting Attorney General Sally Yates—whom Trump fired after she refused to defend his travel ban barring visitors from seven predominantly Muslim counties—about the possibility that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn may be compromised by the Russians after he allegedly lied to Vice President Mike Flynn about the nature of his conversation with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

:)
 
Robert Mueller is ‘going for the kill’ on Trump-Russia probe: report

Bob's making headines but not leaking anything! LSM is panicking!

Republicans with close links to the White House increasingly believe that special counsel Robert Mueller is “going for the kill” in his investigation into links between President Donald Trump and Russia, according to a report from Axios Tuesday.

Members of the GOP are said to have come to that stark conclusion based on Mueller’s hiring of lawyers experienced in dealing with money laundering crimes and the Mafia, as well as the intensity of his pursuit of both witnesses and evidence.

Related: Donald Trump’s communications director hires lawyer amid Russia probe: Report

Trump has previously warned that investigation of his financial dealings is a red line that Mueller should not cross. But that is thought to be exactly what Mueller is doing, including looking into a proposal made during the 2016 campaign to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

The new report comes just days after Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, told CBS’s 60 Minutes that Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, which he called the worst mistake in “modern political history,” led directly to the appointment of Mueller to oversee the investigation.

Mueller’s probe appears to have stepped up in recent weeks. It was reported last month that he had impaneled a federal grand jury in Washington and has issued subpoenas related to a meeting Donald Trump Jr. held with a Russian-government-linked lawyer in June 2016. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, as well as his then-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, were also at the meeting. Last week, Trump Jr. was interviewed behind closed doors by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Such is the scale of Mueller’s investigation that legal fees for those coming under the probe’s focus are mounting sharply, to the extent that outside legal defense funds could soon be necessary, Axios reports. More Trump aides are said to have lawyered up in response to a draft letter from Trump explaining his reasons for firing Comey, which was never sent and has not been published but has been obtained by Mueller. The letter was handed out to several White House officials, including Vice President Mike Pence, according to The New York Times.

Despite Trump’s repeated insistence that he has been told he is not personally under investigation, the president is possibly facing very real personal consequences. Based on conversations with White House aides, Axios says that Mueller is narrowing in on a possible charge of obstruction of justice against the president.

Come on Bob, tell us you have the Pee Hooker Tapes! :D
 
get
 
Based upon Trump’s character, or lack thereof, I fully expect Mueller to find a mountain of illegal if not treasonous indictable information on Trump. My concern is that the US political and justice systems are so fucked that he could get away with being the sleazeball of the century.
 
Trump campaign begins handing over documents to Mueller — with more to come: report

A team of lawyers has begun turning over documents related to President Donald Trump’s election campaign to investigators working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

According to the Daily Beast, attorneys at the firm of Jones Day are searching for, and handing over, documents as part of the investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 presidential campaign.

According to Trump lawyer John Dowd, the attorneys are cooperating with the request, adding, “Jones Day has got a wonderful team handling the production.”

Still not leaking but Bob's team is dig, dig, digging, rummage, rummage, rummaging.:)
 
Facebook gave Robert Mueller far more information than Congress on the $100k of Russian ads

Mueller got copies of the ads themselves as well as details on the accounts that purchased the ads and the targeting criteria used. Facebook’s policies in the past have been that they would only turn over “stored content” of an account, including messages and location. This was significantly more than that.

The reason that Facebook hasn’t turned over the same information to Congress is that the company was concerned about “disrupting the Mueller probe,” the report stated. It might also conflict with privacy laws.

Facebook disclosed last week that approximately 500 fake Facebook accounts with ties to Russia bought $100,000 in ads during the two-years leading up to the 2016 election. There was also $50,000 in ad buys that were linked directly to Russian accounts. Over 5,000 ads were run from these groups, according to Facebook.

Face book likes Bob more than Congress.:)
 
Prosecutors working for Robert Mueller told Manafort they ‘plan to indict him’: report

Robert-Mueller-Paul-Manafort-478x257.png


Prosecutors working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller told Paul Manafort they “[plan] to indict” the former Donald Trump campaign chairman, the New York Times reports.

The news comes after CNN reports investigators wiretapped Manafort before and after the 2016 presidential election. In July, federal agents raided Manafort’s home in Virginia, seizing documents and computer files.

“They are setting a tone,” Solomon L. Wisenberg, deputy independent counsel in the investigation into former president Bill Clinton, said of Mueller’s team. “You want people saying to themselves, ‘Man, I had better tell these guys the truth.’”

Roll over Paul, or spend a few years in the slammer!:)
 
Roll over Paul, or spend a few years in the slammer!:)
Well, he has problems there. He's been cutting all these Russian deals, right? With whom -- some nice honest entrepreneurs, or maybe another sort? I understand the mafiya are not easygoing, understanding folks. Could be that a few year in the slammer gives him a greater life expectancy than blabbing er I mean testifying, and hoping that his Witness Protection Program ID is secure.
 
He's under state investigation too. I would think he'd understand that he'd survive longer in a federal prison than at Riker's Island.
 
‘Perilous for the President’: Fox’s Napolitano explains why new developments in Mueller probe are ‘very bad’ for Trump

Judge Napolitano zeroed in on the fact the FBI picked the lock of Manafort’s door during a dawn raid with a no-knock search warrant.

“For a judge to sign a search warrant permitting a pre-dawn raid without a knock where the defendant is not a violent person… means that the FBI satisfied the judge that they believe that Manafort was untrustworthy and would likely destroy evidence,” Judge Napolitano noted. “That is the very, very narrow circumstance under which they would permit that almost Soviet-like attack on an American citizen under cover of darkness.”

“How serious is this becoming for the administration in your estimation?” Smith asked.

“Very serious, I think this is a very bad week for the President if you combine it with what else we learned — that his two private lawyers sat in a restaurant in Washington D.C. and discussed openly among them the defects in their case. Unknowing to them within earshot was a reporter for The New York Times,” Napolitano continued. “The New York Times printed it as a front-page story, none of it has been denied.”

“So Bob Mueller, the special counsel, now knows the defects in the president’s defenses because his lawyers were blabbing about it in the public restaurant,” Judge Napolitano concluded.

Mueller seen to be probing Trump like a mob boss

:D
 
Who's next, Judge Judy? Judge Marilyn?

Judge Dredd?


TV Judges? That's all they've got?
 
Bob Mueller demands access to Trump White House docs about infamous Russia Oval Office meeting

pecial prosecutor Robert Mueller is zeroing in on the actions that Trump has taken as president — including the infamous Oval Office meeting with White House officials where he reportedly said that firing former FBI Director Comey relieved “pressure” he felt from the Russia investigation.

According to the New York Times, Mueller and his team have “asked the White House for documents about some of President Trump’s most scrutinized actions since taking office, including the firing of his national security adviser and FBI director.”

Of particular interest to Mueller’s team are records of the meeting Trump had with Russian government officials in the Oval Office on the day after he fired Comey. In that meeting, Trump is allegedly to have told Russian officials that he fired Comey to relieve the “great pressure” he was facing from the former FBI director.

:) Go Bob Go!
 
FBI won’t tell Congress about Comey’s firing: Senator

Before discussing the firing of former FBI Director James Comey with federal investigators, the FBI made the investigators promise not to share certain information with members of Congress or their committees, the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman wrote on Monday.

Both the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Office of the Special Counsel are investigating Comey's conduct as head of the bureau and his dismissal by President Donald Trump's in May. In two letters the committee made public on Monday, Senator Chuck Grassley, chairman of the committee, said he had learned that FBI employees only spoke with the Office of the Special Counsel because its members agreed to sign nondisclosure agreements. The agreements said the office must redact information before "any disclosure to Congress, any senator or member of Congress and/or any congresional committee, subcommittee or other congressional establishment," according to Grassley. The senator wrote that by doing this, "the FBI held key information hostage."

:confused:
 
Russia paid for Facebook ads promoting Jill Stein: ‘Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote’

Russian-funded Facebook ads purchased during the 2016 presidential election promoted Green Party candidate Jill Stein as well as then-candidate Donald Trump and Democratic primary candidate Bernie Sanders, said Politico on Wednesday.

“Other advertisements paid for by shadowy Russian buyers criticized Hillary Clinton and promoted Donald Trump. Some backed Bernie Sanders and his platform even after his presidential campaign had ended, according to a person with knowledge of the ads,” wrote Politico’s Josh Dawsey.

Dawsey reported that the Stein ad he saw was placed late in the campaign and played upon some liberals’ belief that Clinton is too hawkish and would lead the U.S. into war with Iran.

“Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein,” said the ad. “Trust me. It’s not a wasted vote. … The only way to take our country back is to stop voting for the corporations and banks that own us. #GrowaSpineVoteJillStein.”

However, there is currently no evidence that Stein, Sanders or Trump knew about the ads or played any role in producing and promoting them.

The Russian ad buys were only reluctantly revealed by Facebook after months of denials and dismissals of the idea that hostile foreign governments could manipulate social media to sway voters’ opinions.

Those sexist Russians!:eek:
 
Bobby needs to get on wit' da gettin' on.
You might not notice the approaching steamroller till it's about to crush you. Or maybe you see it but there's nowhere to jump. Pity.

I suspect Mueller's tight-lipped team are accumulating a shitload of evidence that seriously discomfits Team Tromp. I suspect they're carefully preparing airtight cases. I expect a world of hurt at the appropriate time. Patience, grasshopper...
 
Last edited:
I predict they will do all of that, carry through, and then . . . nothing.
 
I predict they will do all of that, carry through, and then . . . nothing.
Depends on how much evidence Mueller provides state AGs with their own agendae. No, Congress and DOJ are unlikely to act on the information. They aren't the only players.
 
Whatever would happen legally would have to be initiated by the Republicans, wherever the initiation point. And the Republicans are showing themselves to be totally shameless and hypocritical. Remains to be seen if they, as a group, will acquire some basic principles and a backbone.

What's left is the court of public opinion, and Trump and his minions and most of his children have already been roundly condemned there--for whatever it was worth.
 
Back
Top