The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o1_500.gif


tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o2_500.gif


tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o3_500.gif


tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o4_500.gif


tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o5_500.gif


tumblr_ngs4zvwM2l1qzh561o6_500.gif
 
Under the title of "Exactly how many times do the Police shoot unarmed Black men?" Mother Jones never gets around to answering that question.

UPDATE (8/15/14): USA Today reported that on average there were 96 cases of a white police officer killing a black person each year between 2006 and 2012, based on justifiable homicides reported to the FBI by local police. As I reported above, the FBI's justifiable homicides database paints only a partial picture—accounting for cases in which an officer killed a felon. It does not necessarily include cases involving victims like Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and others who were unarmed when confronted by police. The data in this post has been updated with 2012 numbers, and the map has been updated to reflect that certain cases have been closed.

96 per year including all of the times where no one questioned the justification of the shooting. One Oakland study found 40% of officer involved shootings involve unarmed suspects.

Lets assume that that is the norm and say that 40 black men a year are killed for absolutely no reason in the black community by cops.

If that is the absolute most risky thing about being black in America that a black man might be the one statistic nationwide for the week, then by all means lets focus all attention on that and on no other problem. Because black and white lives do matter.

Lots of people have a fear of flying and have no problem getting into a car and going out in to traffic. Not every traffic fatality is covered in gory detail, every airliner crash is.

It is the same way with every single questionable police shooting. Every single one is scrutinized and dissected on the national stage. The times an officer dies is not.
 
Last edited:
Gawker said:
On Wednesday, after the announcement that NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo would not be indicted for killing Eric Garner, the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund Twitter posted a series of tweets naming 76 men and women who were killed in police custody since the 1999 death of Amadou Diallo in New York. Starting with the most recent death, what follows are more detailed accounts of many of those included in the Legal Defense Fund's tweets.

Looking at every death at the hands of police officers for the last 15 years it looks like this tragedy happens about 5 times a year in a nation of 340,000,000.

A lot more than 5 officers die each year in the line of duty. http://www.odmp.org/search/yearhttp://www.odmp.org/search/year I count 83 so far this year.

Can we agree that whether it is 5 or whether it is 83 it is too many, and that no one worth talking to wants those numbers to be any higher on either "side?"
 
But really? You going to add the latest person to draw down on a cop and lose on the list? That cop should have died in the line of duty instead?

I am sure the man was loved b his family. I do not begrudge them or all of us grieving for a life wasted, but that name does not belong on the list of officer abuses.
 
"In case anyone is willing to definitely say that Antonio Martin was pointing a gun at the officer in that incredibly vague video, I’d like to remind you that just a few months ago in Michigan the police spent 40 minutes attempting to persuade a white man openly carrying a rifle to place his weapon on the ground. When Elliot Rodger went on a killing spree at UCSB, he received a non fatal gunshot to the hip from the police. In the 2011 Sandy Hook shootings, Adam Lanza killed 26 people and throughout the entire event law enforcement did not discharge their weapons at any point. Whether or not he had a gun, nothing warranted Antonio Martin’s death, and nothing justifies leaving his body in the streets for two hours like roadkill."

— Ami Glazer
 
The Zumi "ptcher show" Can't find a thread for the topic?
 
The Zumi "ptcher show" Can't find a thread for the topic?

post-24640-ryan-gosling-approves-gif-Imgu-CwQK.gif


Isolated.

Blurts.

Isolated Blurts.

HMMMMMMM


1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif


Who Posted?
Total Posts: 113

User Name Posts

IrezumiKiss 35

query 29

RobDownSouth 10
Adre 7
Queersetti 6
neci 5
rosco rathbone 4
Disgustipated 4
gotsnowgotslush 2
cowslinger64 2
kbate 1
JohnnySavage 1
Magnetron 1
girlsmiley 1
cjh 1
oggbashan 1
Lorilei 1
Wife of Bath 1
ThereAre4Lights 1


xGwXt6B.gif




psst! It's spelled "picture."
 
I wasn't planning on going anywhere, were you?
 
what, you leave a forum? to stop yapping?

*checks window to see if pigs grew wings*

ducks-laughing.gif
 
Check window to see if anyone is volunteering to be another easily justifiable homicide "martyr."
 
B59Orw1IMAInhod.jpg:large


"Stand for something or you will fall for anything."

NYPD officer who didn't turn his back on the Mayor yesterday.
 
Back
Top