Soft and gentle

My apologies for clogging up your thread and trying to help...:rolleyes:

Trying to help is a difficult habit to break. But here’s the thing: I am not asking for help.

I’m asking for friendship, for a connection, for someone to be brave enough to make 1 step forward towards me.

That’s what I want to see in this thread. Not people trying to fix me. I like me.

Hi there 46 in a sexless marriage and looking for friendship or more

Trying to help is a difficult habit to break. But here’s the thing: I am not asking for help.

I’m asking for friendship, for a connection, for someone to be brave enough to make 1 step forward towards me.

That’s what I want to see in this thread. Not people trying to fix me. I like me.

I like you very much. You are perfect in my eyes. Please never change :rose::rose:

I keep finding men who want the same connection as I do. We get close. They tell me they want to be there for me...no....they tell me they WILL be there for me. And that there’s nothing I can say or do to change that. And then just at the moment when I start to trust them? I get messages like this:

“I've been thinking about our conversations. As much as I would like to get to know you better and be there for you, I really don't think I'm up for it. It's been difficult to say the right thing and I just don't think it's going to turn out for the best. Good luck in your search for the connection you seek.”l

Then the next man comes along. And he tries. But I am hurt and closed off. So it’s hard on him. And I tell him he should find someone else more able to fall quickly. He insists on staying and trying and proving he’s worthy of my trust.

And so I trust. I open up. My heart lets him in. And the moment I do that?

He crushes it.

And then I toughen up, pull up my defences and I build walls to protect myself.

And the next one comes along. And it happens again.

Is that going to be you?

Online relationships are hard to develop and maintain if there is never any real life meetings. Good luck in your search.

I keep finding men who want the same connection as I do. We get close. They tell me they want to be there for me...no....they tell me they WILL be there for me. And that there’s nothing I can say or do to change that. And then just at the moment when I start to trust them? I get messages like this:

“I've been thinking about our conversations. As much as I would like to get to know you better and be there for you, I really don't think I'm up for it. It's been difficult to say the right thing and I just don't think it's going to turn out for the best. Good luck in your search for the connection you seek.”l

Then the next man comes along. And he tries. But I am hurt and closed off. So it’s hard on him. And I tell him he should find someone else more able to fall quickly. He insists on staying and trying and proving he’s worthy of my trust.

And so I trust. I open up. My heart lets him in. And the moment I do that?

He crushes it.

And then I toughen up, pull up my defences and I build walls to protect myself.

And the next one comes along. And it happens again.

Is that going to be you?

I'm so sorry that you've been going through that, I know how you feel! That has been the story of my life for the past almost 19 years! You see, I am quadriplegic and I guess I am destined to spend my life alone! Every time I meet someone special they tear down the wall that I have built around my heart, they get to my heart, steal it and then crush it! I recently met the most amazing and most beautiful woman I have ever met and over the past 3 1/2 months I have fallen so deeply in love with her! Unfortunately she is with someone but I hope that will change sometime in the near future and I have a chance! Right now I just wish there was someone close to talk to, to play with and to have fun with. I hope you're able to find what you're looking for but in the meantime if you would like to chat hit me up. :)

This is nothing. On a really slow night threads that have laid dormant since 2015 start popping up.

Back