What is currently dominating the news cycle ?

bodysong

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Posts
7,261
The Wall


Kerry Eleveld
News Community Action

As Trump's White House aides fret over shutdown, his Fox News advisers blow sunshine you know where

January 16, 2019 2:58 PM

Donald Trump's West Wing aides have reportedly been trying to impress upon him that the shutdown is entering dangerous political territory and they need to find a way out.

“I don’t see how this can stretch much longer without becoming disastrous for everyone.”
-anonymous


But Trump's other advisers over at state-run Fox News are telling him otherwise, according to Media Matters for America. "Fox & Friends could level with its audiences -- which includes the president -- and let them know that he’s lost the argument," writes Matthew Gertz. "Instead, the hosts are still telling them that Trump has the upper hand, implying Speaker Nancy Pelosi will inevitably need to submit to his demand for the wall."


Gertz tweeted out a quote from Fox host Steve Doocy suggesting that even Democratic voters are blaming Pelosi. "I was talking to a guy who has voted Democratic his entire life in New Jersey yesterday," Doocy relayed, "and he said 'I can't believe that she is not even willing to sit across the table and negotiate.'"


Great anecdote.

Looked at the polls lately, Ace?

#WINNING.

Daily Kos
January 16, 2019
 
Great anecdote.

Looked at the polls lately, Ace?

#WINNING.

Daily Kos
January 16, 2019

It doesn't matter which politician is winning, because right now 800,000 people are losing for sure, and the fallout from that costs others and that cost others.

Every time I hear about this I want Pelosi, Schumer, McConnel, & Trump out and people who can get things done in. Politicians are suppose to work for their people, not their own egos.
 
Greg Sargent
Greg Sargent Verified Account

@ThePlumLineGS


It appears that the NYT has confirmed that people close to Trump did leak Pelosi commercial travel plans:

nytimes.com/2019/01/18/us/… pic****itter.com/fr9wzVHyOs


12:46 PM - 18 Jan 2019


The New York Times
@nytimes

11h

Speaker Nancy Pelosi postponed an official trip to Europe and Afghanistan due to security concerns after President Trump grounded her military flight and divulged the itinerary

7:30 AM - 18 Jan 2019


Pelosi Delays Trip and Aides Accuse Trump Administration of Leaking Travel Plans


The House speaker and other lawmakers had planned to fly commercially to Afghanistan after the president revoked the use of a military plane, but the trip was delayed over security concerns.

The New York Times

The New York Times @nytimes
 
tRump, In Front of the News Cameras, Again

Daily Kos Prediction

What to expect when you're expecting Donald Trump

January 19, 2019 10:01 AM

Donald Trump says that he will not use his Saturday afternoon “major announcement” on border security to declare a national emergency.

So a national emergency declaration is still completely on the table. But, on day 28 of the shutdown that Trump engineered because he was afraid Anne Coulter didn’t like him anymore, it’s mostly likely that his announcement about his economy-sinking national snit will contain both a carrot and a stick.


The “carrot” will be the deal that Trump has come up with, not by talking to Democrats, but in private consultation with Steve Miller and Jared Kushner. Really. So expect this to be one rooty, bitter, and generally rotten carrot. The stick will likely be a threat to declare a national emergency if you don’t like his carrot.


It’s unclear just how much time during the Trump announcement will be spent smirking about his cutting off flights for Congress, or smirking about forcing people to work without pay, or smirking about the fallout from yesterday’s Buzzfeed article. However, expect smirking, because following the statement from the special counsel’s office on Friday afternoon, and a thousand minutes of coverage of that Air Force bus full of Representatives on Fox News, Trump is clearly feeling extra smug.


Since this appears to be an offer coming from Trump without actual Democratic input, it’s likely that any “deal” will include 110 percent of what Trump has already demanded.


Trump will be making his announcement at 3PM ET from the White House.

https://www.dailykos.com/user/Mark**0Sumner/rss.xml
 
Back
Top