What are the smuttiest, most erotic non-"romance" books you've read?

Read the books for free:
John Ringo:

Ghost
Kildar
Choosers of Slain
Unto the Breach
Deeper Blue

You beat me to them...

I loved the two girls on the boat calling their mom's for approval to travel to the islands with Ghost...
 
Piers Anthony, not the series (aka Xanth or Adept)
but..."If I pay thee not in gold" "Pornocopia" (oddly enough found them in my collegiate library) and "The willing spirit"
 
Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series is filthy. It's a fantasy novel (alternate history) and the main character is a high-class courtesan who is cursed to find pleasure in pain. The third one is particularly fucked up; she gets tortured by some mad man for a good few chapters.

I lurved it.
 
I am reading Kushiel's Dart right now. What did you think of it, GoodLilBabyDoll?

Ahhh....see it has already been mentioned :)

I thought Dart was the slowest, to be fair. Things heat up in Avatar.

It's nothing like Hamilton, though. Hamilton just writes sex with a very thin plot (about sex). Carey writes very richly and the sex feels a lot less forced.
 
good info, keep this going

good suggestions,, but remember we are looking for main stream books with a heavy sexual theme,,, and a good plot, books that fall out of the sci fi and vampire and fantasy realm, and are such that as a man you odn't need to peruse the romance section of your book store,, there has to be more....
Keep this thread going,,,,
 
Island by Richard Laymon - basically about a group of women tied up in cages on a deserted island.

It was in my highschool library :rolleyes: we had some fun with that one...
 
<snip> books that fall out of the sci fi and vampire and fantasy realm, and are such that as a man you odn't need to peruse the romance section of your book store,, there has to be more....
Keep this thread going,,,,

Odd, in looking back at the OP, I don't see where sci fi and fantasy were excluded. The only things I recall being verboten, so to speak were the romance and "adult" bookstore categories. Even then, a little bit of wiggle room was granted :

If you know of a murder mystery or sci-fi story that happens to be classified as romance, post it anyway. Even gay-themed stuff is cool so long as it's not entirely a coming-out story.

For what it's worth - at my bookstore, the Kushiel series is classified as sci-fi/fantasy as opposed to romance.
 
When I saw this thread I immediately thought of Maia, but didn't know too many people had heard of it. I know it was out of print for awhile.
I read it probably in the late '90's but certainly remember the erotic aspect of it, but it's been so long ago I can't recall much in the way of details. I do remember enjoying it, though--and obviously, as the author of Watership Down, he knew his craft.

Maia was good! I remember that book. IIRC, it was about a slave girl set in a fantasy sort of world.
 
Ahhh....see it has already been mentioned :)

I thought Dart was the slowest, to be fair. Things heat up in Avatar.

It's nothing like Hamilton, though. Hamilton just writes sex with a very thin plot (about sex). Carey writes very richly and the sex feels a lot less forced.

Right there with you on the Kushiel books. I don't think Dart was slow, but it had LOTS to bring the reader up to speed on and DAMN but lots happens in that book! :)

The Hamilton books were pretty hot at the beginning with pretty decent stories, but I think she got overwhelmed with fame, popularity and the ability to make pretty darn good money knocking out books about doing the nasty! ;-)
 
Island by Richard Laymon - basically about a group of women tied up in cages on a deserted island.

It was in my highschool library :rolleyes: we had some fun with that one...

Laymon has a bit of sex in a lot of his books, and they are decent horror stories usually too.l
 
i know it sounds odd...

Linda Berdoll wrote about what would happen to Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth after they got married in Mr. Darcy takes a wife and Darcy and Elizabeth: Days and Nights at Pemberly....

I bought them because I loved Pride and Prejudice and I wanted to read more about it. Completely surprised me to learn it contained some pretty steamy business!

Just tell people its the sequel to PandP, like I've been doing...they'll never know better.

Trust!
 
One particular book I read, had an unknown author but it was called Brother-Sister-Father. It was pretty hard-core and I believe that it had to have been printed in the late 70s. I wish I could find a copy of that book!
 
This one is easy. Definitely Jean M. Auel's Mammoth Hunter
Its set in prehistoric times following the life of a young woman. The sex scenes carry on for numerous pages and are extremely descriptive. I read this book when I was about 14 and learned a LOT. Well worth a read.
 
i am currently reading the "claiming of sleeping beauty " series.

if you dont want anyone to know what you are reading, use a kindle. i read all the filth i want at work and no one knows.:D
 
I have to echo the recommendations of Kushiel's Dart. Honestly, the entire series is fabulous. I've known some people who were unable to get past the politics in it, but I can't see how. I loved the books. There are actually six books in the Kushiel's Legacy series now, although the last three follow a different main character. They are definitely fantasy books, not romance. Also, the sex is often filthy, always well written, and never seems unnecessary or out of place.

As for the Judy Blume book mentioned earlier... Summer Sisters got pretty raunchy and was quite well done.
 
This one is easy. Definitely Jean M. Auel's Mammoth Hunter

Ya know - I thought about recommending this series as, yeah - the sex scenes are a bit steamy. But I hesitated a bit 'cause I wasn't sure if people were gonna be interested in Cro-Magnon people gettin' it on. :D I enjoyed the entire series, but fuck, it takes her a looooonng time to write each book. There's supposed to be one final book after the Shelters of Stone, but who knows when the hell that will be out. :rolleyes:

if you dont want anyone to know what you are reading, use a kindle. i read all the filth i want at work and no one knows.:D

How do you like the kindle? I almost requested one for Christmas, but one of the reasons I wanted it (aside from being able to "carry" several novels around with me) was that I was hoping the e-books would be a little less expensive than the paperbacks. Yeah - not so much. Hence, I held off on getting one.
 
You beat me to them...

I loved the two girls on the boat calling their mom's for approval to travel to the islands with Ghost...
Someone said that Mr. Ringo was planning a 9 book series and that he started researching Byzantium (cough cough Kildar cough cough). I just don't know. I thought Deeper Blue brought things to a logical conclusion. Time will tell.
 
I know the books Im reading now by Karen Chance, the first one Touch the Dark, basically the girl has to come into her power BY having sex. It was....interesting. Alot of build up until teh sexys.
The other three books after it are Claim the Shadow, Embrace the Night and Curse the Dawn.
They are in the Sci-Fi section as well. The Kushiel series for me is also found int he Sci-fi section *shrug*
 
Killing Johnny Fry by Walter Moseley. Sex of many flavors - it's almost a character itself in this one.
 
Last edited:
Good job , keep it going

Good job all, keep this tread going,, I am going to read a couple of the suggestions in the above post,,,loook for more ideas from other readers.
 
Walter Mosely's book

your right, I am reading the book mentioned in the above thread,, actually well written and interesting if I can get beyond the chapter to chapter sex.
Keep this thread going!!
 
Back
Top