Immortal Love

Just relaxing and giving ease and calm to this wrist. I do love to listen to the music from you as well Deacon.

She smiled stifling a sleepy little yawn.
 
He smiled and sat down next to her,

"Seems like your friends in the guard like me, saw them casting glances at me the whole time they were here."
 
I might have heard a few comments about you... what is in it for me to tell you though?

She smiled at him as one of the servers brought them food and wine.
 
He chuckled,

"Blackmail Samira? You truly are a naughty girl."

He looked at her,

"What would you ask for?"
 
The absolute truth from you. Due to our situation what does this make us to each other... not with not the business partners but to each other.

Her face serious her tone almost scared she was still trying to sort out the curse and him rescuing her and everything.
 
"We are good friends and I care for you deeply, you are the first woman I have met who accepts me as I am."

He grinned,

"We are basically more than just business partners, I have known you now for what? Almost twenty years? We have grown rich together, we have started over together. I think we will be able to do anything as long as we stick together."

He arched an eyebrow,

"What is your take on the situation?"
 
I do not know and that is what bothers me... I know not how to take this situation we are in what to make of it or how to react to it half the time

She sighed and turned away.

Everything you have said is true but it still leaves us no where... to remain together we can take no other and...

With that she simply took off for her room.
 
He sighed, he will never understand the fiery angel called Samira, he ate the bread and drank the wine, then staggered outside, guitar in hand he walked down to the harbor, he needed some fun. At the harbor was a fist fight competition, he eagerly joined, still keeping up the image of the staggering drunk musician.
 
She knew what she was trying to say but not perhaps how to say it so it plagued her sleep. Though this plagued sleep did not wake her once only strange dreams to tossed her about.
 
He returned in the early morning hours, he had taken quite a wallop, but he had dished out as well. He had made sure that he face was untouched as that would be the hardest to explain away, the bruising would be gone later in the day. He crept inside and made his way up to his own room, collapsing into the bed and whicing at the pain of doing so. Fun times. He grinned and closed his eyes.
 
Once morning woke her she headed down stairs to see to the opening preparations and to go with the cook and servers to the market for supplies with the help of her aid smiling seeing him walking arm in arm with the young lady he loved.
 
He woke up and listened to the bustling of the building coming alive, it was soothing in it's own right. He stretched and moved over to his open window, taking a seat on the window sill, he pulled out his flute and greeted the new day with a happy thrill and melody.
 
As some of the employees walked in they were talking about the usual morning songbird on the window sill. Samira lifted a brow at them and they motioned her to walk outside as they pointed up to Deacon

Every day...

Samira just looked up watching him and smiled.
 
He noticed Samira among the people who gathered, he knew most of them actually stopped to look and make bets if he would fall. He changed the melody to a children's song from Samira's country, it was a happy and light song, much like the one he was playing, with rhe song finished he started imitating birds, the flute giving life to their calls, but it far sharper than any bird could ever make it. As the sun started to grow warmer, he retreated to the inside of his quarters.
 
Samira smiled and walking back in once he was safe from falling she went back to tending to everything and making sure the servers did not have concerns about any patrons that frequented on that particular night.
 
He took the time to wash and sat on a chair, writing a new song as he played his guitar, this new music interested him. It was a blend of the old and still sounded fresh with the new rhythm he had added to it. He played more songs and around mid-day he decided to get dressed and get some food, he went downstairs, his clothing loose, hair unkempt and beard unshaved, he staggered over to a table and sat down,

"Man I have headache, wine and some food."
 
She glared hearing him call for wine but nodded as the servers looked to her unsure if they should serve him wine or not.

Wine for now is fine for our minstrel... though if he continues to drink up too many of our profits cut him off.
 
He chuckled,

"Your fine minstrel brings you more money than the wine he consumes, of course there is doubts about the food he eats."

He gave her a grin and once they sat down the food he started to eat, dumping the wine into a cup and sipping slowly on it. He was glad that Samira accepted his need to seem like a drunk musician, luckily he had dropped the act the previous night, so he should seem only deadly with a blade when sober.
 
She laughed shaking her head as she smiled going back to helping their staff with prepping for the evening patrons.

We will see how much you eat compared to drink Deacon.
 
He finished his meal and cup of wine, taking the rest of the wine, he ventured upstairs, there was music to be played and his walk to the fountain was still a few hours distant.
 
Once everythig was prepared she returned to her room till time for them to open. going through her costumes and debating what to wear and continuing to work on a couple of new ones.
 
He was so lost in the music that he almost missed the failing light, throwing on a shirt he grabbed his flute and headed downstairs. He was met by his little mob of youngsters and as he drank water from a wineskin, he walked with them, listening to their excited tales and told them some of his own, always his stories seemed to include on of the children and they loved it.
 
She was standing out there when he made it down to the children telling them he would be down soon.

See there he is just a litttle late... sometimes that happens. Have fun and don't keep him out too late.

The children laughed to her and took off with Deacon.
 
He returned not too long after sundown, just as the band struck up their instruments for the evening's entertainment he joined them, flute in hand. He played a thrilling little tune, then with a shift of pitch sunk into an old folksong of the town.
 
She danced as always... she could almost feel days dragging on. It was strange that she felt this from time to time but such was the curse. She could not avoid that nor could she see any escape from it. She smiled as he joined with the others to play. He was her only constant in all of this. There was no one else who would want her thinking they were together as they always were. She was sure it worked that same way for him so there was really no finding anyone to love to break the curse if there was any such way.
 
Back
Top