God

No, I just believe that science isn't all that it's cracked up to be yet. I personally believe that if Jesus doensn't come back yet, and it is something he desires, we will learn more and more of his truth. It will not contradict.:D

it's ironic that you don't believe that science is "all it's cracked up to be", but you believe an ancient book of shepherd's and pagan parables is the literal word of god.
 
christianity.jpg

christianity-thor-religion-funny-demotivational-poster-1234791600.jpg
 
Exquisition:

I'm not blind.:D

I can go look up and dispute all your well thought out words with words of my own. I've been doing it for years. Your expert, My expert. My bible, your interpretation of it's fallacy.

I think all anybody can do is keep seeking. Keep learning. But at some point you need to take the evidence you have and make a decision. I am sensing that you do not accept that there is a God, which you have every right to do.

Do I dismiss those who have different opinions than me. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I quess you can say I have a scale that I weigh the evidence on. On my scale it keeps coming to Jesus Christ.

Then there is the evidence of things you cannot see. I really can't explain the feeling I had when I asked Jesus into my life. Do I claim to be perfect. NO WAY! If I were perfect I'd be striking out with a religion of my own. I think I would want to be known as the Stealth Goddess. It is catchy!

You know you are knowledgeable on the bible and I respect that. It is evident that you have looked into it. I only have a problem with people who totally dismiss my beliefs but know absolutely nothing about them.
 
No, I just believe that science isn't all that it's cracked up to be yet.

Trouble is, Try, science trumps blind faith.

Want to know why?

Because science BEGINS with a belief - a contention/hypothesis/opening statement and then spends however long TESTING that contention. It tests these beliefs to the nth degree, sometimes for generations, until the original premise is either proven or disproved. It doesn;t matter to science whether the statement is true or false. The bottom line is PROGRESS.

When scientific endeavour disproves something in the Bible utterly it doesn;t matter to blind Faith. Because blind Faith requires no justification for reason or rationale.

Science doesn't open with something being true "because it just is" then spend the rest of eternity plugging holes in its credibility as it's found wanting. Blind Faith is anathema to science - it is wholly apposite in nature. The complete negative. It relies on nothing more that a simple statement that requires no proof whatsoever.

Blind Faith BEGINS and ENDS with a contention/belief/opening statement. That is it.

It's paper thin. A vacuum.

I'm not saying Faith doesn't have a positive role to play in the human condition. It acts as a filip when the chips are down and there's seemingly no way out. It's great for boosting self esteem and purpose. And, potentially it is a motivation for good.

That's all fantastic. Nothing wrong with it.

But we don;t need 1700-2000 year old superstitions and heresay to be spiritual and seek self improvement.

It's all within the individual.
 
But at some point you need to take the evidence you have and make a decision.

See my post above - the only body that seeks unbiased proofs and evidence is Science. Sorry, you have no evidence.

If you say "God appeared to me one day while I was in a bad way." That's great. Not taking that away from you, but that's not evidence for God;s existence to anyone but yourself.
 
The ones that best control the masses.

As a saint, where do you weigh in on this god issue.

Does god, your father, exist still/ever?

Or are saints just flying around shitting on lives for no god. Fucking ass shitters.
 
See my post above - the only body that seeks unbiased proofs and evidence is Science. Sorry, you have no evidence.

If you say "God appeared to me one day while I was in a bad way." That's great. Not taking that away from you, but that's not evidence for God;s existence to anyone but yourself.

I never said I could prove the existence of God. I however, believe there is ample evidence for the bible. Even the bible does not set out to prove there is a God. That is because it begins with the premise that there is and always has been one. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
 
Someone point me to the resurrection story of Jesus in the bible. Damn it, I'm missing everything.
 
As a saint, where do you weigh in on this god issue.

Does god, your father, exist still/ever?

Or are saints just flying around shitting on lives for no god. Fucking ass shitters.

I'm not a saint but that is the cutest darn avatar. Is that yours!!!!
 
I never said I could prove the existence of God. I however, believe there is ample evidence for the bible. Even the bible does not set out to prove there is a God. That is because it begins with the premise that there is and always has been one. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Evidence for the bible? What does that even mean? That there was a man named Jesus Christ? Or certain aspects of the bible are true?

But what does that prove? Other than some aspects of the bible are true?

Ok there was a flood, and an ark of sorts. BOOM, god must exist!
 
I'm not a saint but that is the cutest darn avatar. Is that yours!!!!

Yes, one of my ferrets. his name is BooBoo and the only god he believes in is me, because I dish out food that he loves, and snacks, and toys, oh and belly rubs.
 
Yes, one of my ferrets. his name is BooBoo and the only god he believes in is me, because I dish out food that he loves, and snacks, and toys, oh and belly rubs.

Oh he is soooo cute! I didn't kow ferrets would let you rub their tummy. My cat just lovees that. Kiss booboo for me!!:D
 
Oh he is soooo cute! I didn't kow ferrets would let you rub their tummy. My cat just lovees that. Kiss booboo for me!!:D

He loves them. He loves to be scratched as well. As their skin can get dry and itchy at times. I give him kisses all the time. One will be from you/some stranger on the internet. I'll tell him that, and he'll yawn at me and wait for his kisses. They yawn a lot.
 
The verses are all written in there scroll down but if you need me to do it for you I'll get my bible.

No, I have my online version up, quicker search than actually paging through the bible. I just can't remember the verses offhand, so now I need to refresh reading for reference.
 
In how many days? Because scientifically I can find several independent, proven ways to corroborate that the Earth is billions of years old.

6 and then he rested. Crap I'm going to have to dig out all my experts on creation again.

I believe that it did happen in 7 days,including rest, but I also think about 2 Peter 3:8. New International Version (NIV)
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

No one was there so we don't actually know the length of a day. There is great debate about that. I know it will not be answered in my life but if science continues to fine tune and if we don't shut the evidence out as Christians we might find that a day was much longer than we thought.
 
Back
Top