Xcom (OOC)

Curious to think that the only guy in the group who will not make a pass at either Bones or Ironside is Tank. He'd rather have a beer, have a fist fight and end it off with a bottle of Jack :D
 
Curious to think that the only guy in the group who will not make a pass at either Bones or Ironside is Tank. He'd rather have a beer, have a fist fight and end it off with a bottle of Jack :D
Don't worry, there'll be a third girl joining the team soon to share a bottle with. ;)
 
Xcom

I seem to be more confused than ever but I will correct my misstakes. Nice Sectoid comic :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delays.

Hi guys, girl. I had a problem with my server and couldn't login. I don't know...is there still a chance for Arrogant Snow and overly experienced Truke to get back into the action?
 
Hi guys, girl. I had a problem with my server and couldn't login. I don't know...is there still a chance for Arrogant Snow and overly experienced Truke to get back into the action?

If you can find a good way to put them in, than sure. I'm not a dictator lol. This rp is for fun. You can post whenever you want, just be sure your posts make sense, and help move the story along.
 
Name: Sgt. Patrick "Cowboy" Thorne

Age: 36

Place of Birth:Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Rank: Sergeant

Class: Assault

Physical description: 6' Tall spiked brown hair blue eyes good shape with six pack abs. A number of plasma burns and other scares from previous UFO encounters including three Chryssalid slashes across his back. A rugged but good looking farm boy.

MilitaryAmmo.png


History:During the last war Patrick actually wasn't with X-com, but rather he was a combat engineer with the Corp of Army Engineers investigating possible alien contamination of a local water supply. He discovered the plot and ended up in a firefight with the aliens and received help from X-com members. After debriefing he returned to his National Guard unit and remained active for the rest of the war fighting aliens in the United States and Canada. He remained a source of information to several X-com operatives.

The first two years after the war he was assigned to NATO, but also spent time in Japan where he and other non-commissioned officers attended X-com's Officer Training School and a peacekeeping tour in Africa before returning home. He remained active with the National Guard in his home state, and rode his Sky Ranger Edition Harley Davidson (built from Alien Alloys that were synthesized and manufactured following research) all over the states before settling back home town.

LiquorStore.png

TRUCKSTOP_%28EU2012%29.png

Once back in his home town of Kansas City he found he was a bit of a local hero which he parlayed into making several successful businesses happen. He's part owner in a Liquor Store and Truck Stop. He's also a partner in Bar and Grill a pretty successful franchise which can be found in India, Japan, USA, Mexico, France, Russia, Argentina to name just a few countries. He did very well since Kansas City became a boom town overnight building Interceptors for the US Navy.

With a new threat to freedom he's leaving his businesses in trusted hands, calling in a few favors including Thomas Hutch who is still a good friend to X-Com and reporting for duty. He's got a container full of gear and stories to share. He hopes they have a bar.

BAR_%28EU2012%29.png


Equipment:
Urban Combat Badge (Medal issued by X-com), Chryssalid claw made into a Bowie knife, Motorcycle noted above, X-9 assault rifle with scope, one plasma pistol with laser site, one set of scuba gear, on pouch of tobacco.
 
You're character doesn't quite fit into our timeline jawn. The first war was twenty years ago, and after that human military was combined with the alien government. The aliens also teraformed the Earth, so his businesses would all be destroyed, and most everyone he knew killed.


2013: xcom is formed
2017: the aliens invade
2020: the aliens win the war
2021: xcom totally retreats
2024: the aliens have totally integrated/ taken over human society, except for small rebel pockets around the world
2027: xcom begins recruiting and training new members
2034: xcom begins its guerrilla war on the alien government
2037: the aliens terraform Earth killing of 99% of the human population
2040: present

This is the timeline we're operating on, so you should probably change your character up a bit.
 
Ah you retooled your timeline to fit the second game. No issue the businesses were just background anyway. Thing is this is all new ground, and I think we need details especially if there aren't many humans left. I mean after all in the old game humans were turned into mutants and cut down to nothing. A resistance soldier will take me only a few minutes, but I think we need more facts. Also I don't think I'm the only person who's character needs to be fixed then.
 
X-Com going by all additions of the game is pretty basic. Cities and wide open spaces and farms around them. That the case now?

You're leaving a planet of 70000000....while that sounds like a lot it's not much if the aliens occupy Earth.

How much resistance is there?

What resources do we have?

Should we spend time breeding more humans or try to get alien cloning technology?

What happened to Exalt?

Are there human settlements?

Alien animals on the planet now?

So the goal is to what just take back earth because the aliens can have a base on Mars?
 
Just posted. Forgive me if it's a bit rusty, i'm still trying to find myself here. And i just needed something down so i wouldn't be lost in the wind.
But anyway how is it? I can always edit.
Lol
 
It is waay better than anything I can post here will ever be

Thanks Tertius, that warms my heart. But i don't think it's that good and you're that bad.
Well i think its time we get back into the action.

To everybody
I'm thinking what if the whole operation was an ambush.
I mean they most have known that their were survivors up north...*with all their technology don't tell me they didn't spot that, do you know how much body heat leaves that mining facility in a day. Ask Razor.* so if they knew...they must have expected a rescue operation from us. Now i'm saying since the aliens isn't dump and to make things interesting, it was an ambush to catch the resistance group.
"They will hold those in the city at bay, keep the MEC in the forest where she's more vulnerable, isolating the commander in the mining facility, which will be their main target."
That's an interesting twist. I hope.
 
Well with the introduction of Razor and his group, it does seem like an ambush would be a great idea for a storyline. Just my two cents
 
In terms of this roleplay I'd say the following responses apply.

Cities and wide open spaces and farms around them. That the case now?
Any 'human cities' which survived the war are now under alien control, even the ones which claim to be independant. The leaders have either sold out the populations for their own safety or have come under the mental domination of the aliens' Ethereal masters. It's commonly know that Las Vegas in particular, while claiming to be a secure sanctuary by the mob bosses now running the city, is actually an alien breeding farm where human genetic material is harvested from the willing test subjects in facilities designed to appear as strip clubs, brothels and gentlemens' clubs. Bones has repeatedly requested shore leave to the city, but has so far been denied in even instance.​

How much resistance is there?
While currently there's no global-scale resistance to the aliens' presence, human settlements tend to defend themselves as best they can against any incursions. Terror attacks and infiltration remain the greatest threats to the survival of these settlements, although some appear to have made arrangements with the aliens to provide 'breeding stock' in exchange for their safety, and in some cases exchange of technology.

Other than this minor criminal organisations, dictatorship, religious fanatics and other detritus of humanity cling to the surface of the planet. They range from being harmless gangs to organised masses, but at present none would be a threat to X-COM troops and should be considered targets only if they engage first.​

What resources do we have?
As most ground-based facilities were lost during the invaders conquest of Earth X-COM withdrew to its orbital facilities and newly constructed space vessels. Launched prior to completion the Acid Queen is the most advanced of these and is the size of a small city in orbit of the planet.

Lacking hyperdrive or powerful interplanetary engines the Acid Queen is currently only able to fly as far as the Moon and back with the resource capacity at hand. Should further equipment or technology be recovered this capability could easily be upgraded offering X-COM more scope for their operations and activities, as well as opening up more options for ways to end the war for good.

Along with this X-COM fields a small fleet of Avenger-class transport/interceptor, mostly used for recon and deployment of ground troops. A number of older Firestorm-class interceptors, but tend to hold them back for defence of X-COM's orbital assets.

X-COM High Command and the remaining Free Earth Council are currently located on the Asgard Space Station. Originally located in geosynchronous orbit of their home base on Earth , the facility was moved to a Moon orbit following the fall of Earth. Officially considered destroyed by the aliens, the continued existence of Asgard is a closely held secret among the upper ranks, with most lower ranked troops told that all commands come directly from Commander Vesser.

During the fall of Earth X-COM managed to recover most of the technologies and equipment developed at the height of the war, including their latest weapons and equipment created from captured alien technology.

Unfortunately most of the Research and Development facilities were totally destroyed, or at least overrun by alien forces before full extraction could be completed, and so technological development has progressed very slowly for the last two decades, with only a few minor breakthrough in weapons and defence technologies.

Scientist have however managed to develop technology to provide unlimited fuel and air supplies for X-COM's space-based facilities, as well as limited artificial gravity for the largest, including the Acid Queen. CUrrently R&D efforts are focussed on making the vessel completely self-reliant, eliminating the need for 'supply run' mission to Earth to recover food, water and medical supplies.​

Should we spend time breeding more humans or try to get alien cloning technology?
Bones: "YES!"

Ironside: *lighting a cigarette casually* "You do know that when he says 'breeding' he doesn't mean getting drunk and gangbanged on a pool table by every guy in the bar."

Mindfuck: "Why not? It sounds like that could be fun."

Due to the lack of resources and limited life support capabilities of the Acis Queen and the orbital habitats X-COM is not currently looking to 'repopulate the human race'. While pregnancies among they're crews are welcomed they are not being actively sought out. Should a safe site become available for the construction of a human settlement either on Earth or some other viable location then priorities may change.​

What happened to Exalt?
After X-COM destroyed EXALT Central Command their remaining operatives and field commanders went underground, awaiting the opportunity to rise up once more. Unfortunately for them the aliens won the war and began to terraform the planet before they had their chance.

Now the remnants of EXALT appear to be the most organised human force on the surface, operating out of a network of secure bunkers in a number of countries and performing raids against any settlements which possess resources, technology or personnel which could be of use to them. They tend not to worry too much about civilian casualties, since they believe anyone not part of their organisation is as good as dead in the long run anyways.

Whether they are allied with the aliens or merely acting out of their own self interests has yet to be determined, however it is known tat they have access to advanced communications and military technologies which could prove to be a threat to X-COM forces and they should be considered hostile on contact.​

Are there human settlements?
Most human survivors live in small communities centred around usable resources, such as mines, farms, clean water wells, well-stocked military bunkers and other centres of survival. Due to their need to remain hidden from both alien extermination forces and raiders (including EXALT) they tend to be very secretive and well hidden, making it difficult for X-COM to provide assistance and aid.

Standard operating procedure when locating such settlements is to extract the survivors to the X-COM orbital facilities, where they can be cared for and protected more securely than on the ground. If they are in possession of valuable resources these are also acquired by X-COM in the process.​

Alien animals on the planet now?
Open areas tend to have become overgrown with the newly introduced alien fauna, with some alien animal life having developed as well. Mostly these are mutated variants of previously native creatures, but some appear to have been 'seeded' by the aliens as part of their ongoing terraforming project, notably Silicoids, Chryssalid, Celatid and Reapers.

Only the dense jungles and forests remain as they once were, but even they are slowly yielding as the hostile alien vegetation replaces them.​

So the goal is to what just take back earth because the aliens can have a base on Mars?
X-COMM High Command's declared objective is to wipe out all alien life from Earth and to take steps to prevent another invasion at all costs, however most flag rank officers are currently more worried about simple survival at this point, and unless some significant scientific or strategic breakthrough occurs its unlikely X-COM will be able to do much against the vast numerical and technological advantages the aliens currently hold over them.​

"They will hold those in the city at bay, keep the MEC in the forest where she's more vulnerable, isolating the commander in the mining facility, which will be their main target."
You forgot to mention "...and capture their medic alive. I hear she's a horny little fuckwhore, we can use her as a breeder."
 
Last edited:
You forget to mention "...and capture their medic alive, i hear she's a horny little fuckwhore...she could be use as a breeder."
Why did i forget the horny medic, ofcourse that's a possibility...that means its accepted then, by you at least.
 
I like the fact that Martin have been introduced, he is practically Tank's size. Hope it comes down to fisticuffs, a good hard fist fight with no interruptions will be awesome.
 
I like the fact that Martin have been introduced, he is practically Tank's size. Hope it comes down to fisticuffs, a good hard fist fight with no interruptions will be awesome.
Let's just hope his Dad and the other Mutons don't turn up and ruin your fun.

EDIT: ...dammit...

Ironside's an assault specialist, not a heavy. She's better when charging in and engaging opponents at close range rather than hanging back since she can then deploy her Kinetic Strike Module for full effect (one-shot kill practically anything.) She can also fire and move at the same time, so could charge forwards, hit a sectopod with blast from her railgun to weaken it then slam her Kinetic Strike Module in for a crippling blow which would leave it ready for a takedown by one of the others.
 
Last edited:
I hope the situation at the western outskirt of the city is understandable to everyone.
 
Thank you Jezebel for answers that make this thread workable. Perhaps than I'll have a character living in the vastness of Canada hunting and trapping to survive. Killing aliens from time to time. I'd like to keep dogs after all then can smell aliens coming. You've given me a few ideas.
 
Back
Top