Quote of the Day!

Dedicated to DemonLove



Today’s Quote!




~ You teach me love in subtle lessons, but you are the student if you do not understand that a day will never dawn when you are not on my mind, night will never see a midnight hour with you not in my dreams, no other will ever be allowed into my heart, and I'll never love again if it isn't with you.
~ Mathew White
 
"I have both held and beheld great power and of it I know but one thing, it drives men mad."

~ Alexander the Great
 
Quotes of the Day!



~ Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.~
Carl Jung


~ Delay is the deadliest form of denial. ~
C. Northcote Parkinson



...
 
Last edited:
Do not be like servants who serve their masters expecting to receive a reward; be rather like servants who serve their master unconditionally, with no thought of reward. -- Antigonus of Sokho

(Thank you for inviting me here Yeisha:rose:)
 
In the spirit of 2010, may it find us all with better spirits and greater wisdom than 2009!

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland
 


Quote's of the Day!

On the beauty of a true friendship.

Dedicated to Marauder13:rose:


~ Friendship is love without his wings ~
Lord Byron

~ Never shall I forget the days I spent with you, continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. ~
Ludwig Van Beethoven

~ Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship. ~

Cicero

~ True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation. ~

- George Washington

~ It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. ~
Epicurus

~ The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one. ~

Ralph Waldo Emerson

~ True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice. ~
Samuel Johnson (1709 – 1784

~ When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves. ~

William Arthur Ward

~ With every friend I love who has been taken into the brown bosom of the earth a part of me has been buried there; but their contribution to my being of happiness, strength and understanding remains to sustain me in an altered world. ~
Helen Keller

~ A friend would bail you out of jail....a REAL friend would be sitting next to you in your cell saying "DAMN we fucked up! ~

Stolen from Warr's sig.

:heart:

 
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

~Judy Garland
 
New Year's Wisdom!


Quotes of the Day!


~ May the New Year bring everyone lots of Good Health, Happiness and beautiful new memories.
Love you all for being a part of my life and I look forward to making new memories with you all. ~


~ The great genius reminds us to learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. Happy 2010! ~


~ What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year. So make it worthwhile. Cheers to 2010! ~


I have no idea who's quotes these are but they could have come straight from my own heart so lets pretend that they are mine:rose:
 
I pinched these from mandbc1's signature cause I liked them

"You don't throw a whole life away just because it's banged up a little."
Tom Smith

"I rode out into the setting sun at an easy pace, it was going to be a long journey and there was no reason to hurry."
Everet Hitch

"You don't consciously set out to do something gallant. You just do it because that is what you are there for."
Richard Todd
 



Quotes of the Day!



~ Only now it had become indispensable to him to have her face pressed close to him; he could never let her go again. He could never let her head go away from the close clutch of his arm. He wanted to remain like that for ever, with his heart hurting him in a pain that was also life to him. ~
D.H. Lawrence


~ Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful - just stupid). ~
Robert A. Heinlein


~It's hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people's feelings, and standing up for what you believe. ~
unknown.


~ Trying to grow up is hurting, you know. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don't, it hurts even more. ~
Aretha Franklin.


~ Art is one thing that can go on mattering once it has stopped hurting.
Elizabeth Bowen.
 
"Life can be easy, it's not always swell. Don't tell me truth hurts little girl...cause it hurts like hell."

~ Underground, David Bowie~
 
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever's left, however improbable, is the truth." Sherlock Holmes
 
Beneath the make-up and behind the smile I'm just a girl who wishes for the world

~Marilyn Monroe
 
I abhore violence, because whatever good it does is temporary, while the evil is eternal. -Ghandi
 
Quote of the Day!


~ Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. ~
Carl Jung​
 

Quotes of the Day!



~ Intimacy is based on shared vulnerability...nothing deepens intimacy like the experiences that we share when we feel flayed, with our skins off, scared and vulnerable, and our partner is there with us, willing to share in the scary stuff ~Dossie Eastman and Katherine Liszt



~ You have to get past the pleasure stage, until you reach the stage of tears.
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses ~
A. Karr


~
 
Not sure who the author is but I love it...

Happiness is like a butterfly the more you chase it the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.
 
"Don't say you love me, I don't believe it. Don't say you care for me if you don't mean it."

~ Monique_minx ~
 
Not sure who the author is but I love it...

Happiness is like a butterfly the more you chase it the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.

Oh I like:heart:
 
Quote of the Day!



~ I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don't mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don't mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling all that I am capable of doing but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding. ~
Anais Nin.



~
 
Quote of the Day!



~ I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don't mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don't mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling all that I am capable of doing but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding. ~
Anais Nin.


I would like to second that!! Couldn't have said it better myself :D
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
 
Back
Top