Daddy Fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes,, Christmas bacchanalia in the Polish household....four floors of excess beginning at 12:01am Christmas Eve concluding ot Midnight Christmas day....cases of vodka chilled to syrup in the chest freezer....then on to Midnight mass!

No telling how we survived.....

My grandmother was from a village outside Zamoszc in the Russian Partition

Babci and Dziadzia Szuba were from the German Partition, while Mackowiak were from the Russian side.

Babci Szuba could cook, but Baci Mackowiak couldn't though she could bake. And, neither had any sauce of any kind in their gwumpkie recipes, even when one of them moved into the Italian section of the city

Babcia Chuda was a fantastic cook. She cooked for the Italian Consulate in Baltimore and there used to be a huge Italian population at one time in that city. No shortages of Italian ladies to cook and they picked Chuda (if only she was).

Her kitchen smelled of fresh bread, herbs and the heavy scent of pork roast.

I don't remember much Polish anymore:(

I remember the lyrics to "My Melody of Love" and all the curses :eek:

Both great-grandmothers never used tomato products, since they both believed they were poisonous. Babci's house smelled of pickles or sauerkraut or even horseradish, whichever she had just made and had in the barrel in the cellar.

My sister has copies of their "stuffed cabbage" recipes, each from the old country, which pre date 1900, and one from Babci Szuba that she changed and gave to one of her daughters as a wedding gift. The changed were the meat mixture - from whatever scrapes of meat that could be ground together to 2 parts ground sirloin, 2 parts ground pork, 1 part ground veal (Now found in the market as..meatball/meatloaf mix); and rice instead of stale bread.

We also have her pierogi recipes, fillings included. I won't use "farmer's cheese", it's too disgusting. I prefer to use cheddar. And, the Progeny loves that I cook them the way she did: Boil until they float then put them in a frying pan with butter, onions, butter, and bacon grease..fry until they're nice and toasty, then add some bacon bits on them

Last day of a three-day Holiday weekend here, and I drew a 12 hour shit. Ah, well, 3 and a half left. Hope everyone had a good day

good afternoon/evening. Well after reading RJ and SW's posts im now starving!

Sorry you are having an irritable day RA. Hope its gotten better since your last post.

Hugs and kisses to all that need and or want them.

hello to everyone :)

Just dashing through to leave a quick note on the fridge. "Wanted to let everyone know as soon as I heard something. I did NOT get the job I had applied for - apparently they are still looking for someone who "more closely meets the needs of the position and the organization" (and since I have been doing exactly what they planned to hire me for, for the past 11 years - I have NO clue what that means:rolleyes:) At any rate, my current job doesn't end until Aug 30th and not scheduled to move until then either so I'm still looking.":cool:

Just dashing through to leave a quick note on the fridge. "Wanted to let everyone know as soon as I heard something. I did NOT get the job I had applied for - apparently they are still looking for someone who "more closely meets the needs of the position and the organization" (and since I have been doing exactly what they planned to hire me for, for the past 11 years - I have NO clue what that means:rolleyes:) At any rate, my current job doesn't end until Aug 30th and not scheduled to move until then either so I'm still looking.":cool:

Oh Peaches..grr. I am sorry you didnt get the job. I know you will find something bigger brighter and better tho :)

next weekend we can drown in jilly's cupcakes. Just an idea. Jillys also has a great brunch buffet on sundays if your interested.

Oh Peaches..grr. I am sorry you didnt get the job. I know you will find something bigger brighter and better tho :)

next weekend we can drown in jilly's cupcakes. Just an idea. Jillys also has a great brunch buffet on sundays if your interested.

"Sounds great to me! We can still plan to celebrate after your doctor visit!":rose:

Evening, all. Taking in a mental marguerita, maybe two. Happy to be home.

Special hello to all of the ladies who have stopped by today. You all give me warm fuzzies. When I get home I get to read up, re-center and be less of a jerk.

RJ: Schmaltz is an old country thing. Its put on the table practically everywhere you go in Poland. You are right, in this country they go straight to the butter.

what exactly is schmaltz?

rendered chicken fat. Its what is skimmed off the top of a pot of chicken that has been boiled for quite some time. Its disgusting.

eww. yes. It sounds like it. When i lived in Germany I came across a lot of things ( food items) i found to be disgusting. Along with some very tasty things but i cringed a lot lol.

Puffin tacos served at a dedicated kiosk in Old Town. Hakarl (sp?) is rancid, putrified shark meat that is used as a spread. Sometimes black in color, sometimes it looks like yellow cheese, spreads like gluey jam. Kind of like kim chee but it is about 99.9% ammonia. It was offered on the plane. Various seal meat preparations. Whalemeat and blubber. Blood dishes. Need I go on.

The place is freaking amazing but I'll stick to the $50 steaks. Best steak house in Reykjavik is Argentina and the last time I was there it was full Tapas. I hope they are still around. If you like fish, you will be in heaven in Iceland. Street waffles with strawberry jam and whipped cream....pastry shops embedded in the shopping district....

Take a lot of money.

I like kim chee. But all the rest..yes..ick.

street waffles with strawberry jam and whipped cream..sounds delightful. Reminds me of Paris and the street crepes - delicious!

"Sounds great to me! We can still plan to celebrate after your doctor visit!":rose:

I am sorry, Peaches. *hugs to you, love* There is something just right for you, a place that will appreciate you and what you bring to the table. I am proud of you for not letting this temporary setback do you in. You go, my sweet sister. :rose:

Evening, all. Taking in a mental marguerita, maybe two. Happy to be home.

Special hello to all of the ladies who have stopped by today. You all give me warm fuzzies. When I get home I get to read up, re-center and be less of a jerk.

RJ: Schmaltz is an old country thing. Its put on the table practically everywhere you go in Poland. You are right, in this country they go straight to the butter.

Hello SW, always good to see you. :)

Anyone know anything about telescopes?

I will be teaching Astronomy the second half of this school year to my little girl (4th grade) and I want to get her one. Can I get a decent one for under 100? Maybe portable?

Thanks!

:rose:

Anyone know anything about telescopes?

I will be teaching Astronomy the second half of this school year to my little girl (4th grade) and I want to get her one. Can I get a decent one for under 100? Maybe portable?

Thanks!

:rose:

i dont know anything specific but out of curiosity i googled travel telescope and several popped up for around or under $100.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back