How long does it take for a story to get published?

kaypee

Virgin
In the past, stories were usually published or sent-back within 3 or 4 days of submission. Nowadays it is taking much longer -- or so it seems. I understand that with the popularity of Literotica, the admins are busy, but still curious to know the approximate duration of the wait. It's been more than a week. Is this normal?

In the past, stories were usually published or sent-back within 3 or 4 days of submission. Nowadays it is taking much longer -- or so it seems. I understand that with the popularity of Literotica, the admins are busy, but still curious to know the approximate duration of the wait. It's been more than a week. Is this normal?

I submitted one on the 13th and it posted on the 17th, so 4 days. Some categories (audio and graphic) take longer, and new authors may have a longer wait. Does your story fall into any of those categories?

Usually 3-4 days. Longer if a weekend or holiday is in there.

My last story took 11 days to publish. As electricblue said, the Halloween contest stories are going to the head of the line.

From what I understand Laurel is the sole submissions editor, so I suspect she is swamped.

My non-contest stories, like clockwork, take 4 days to get published after submission. My latest story was submitted last week during the Halloween contest and it took that long.

Contest stories tend to get turned around very quickly. I've had one approved and published in only two hours.

I'm still getting mine posted in two days, normally, or, at most three, for the general file. I'm submitting another one on Sunday to the general file. I'll see how that goes.

My last story took 11 days to publish. As electricblue said, the Halloween contest stories are going to the head of the line.

From what I understand Laurel is the sole submissions editor, so I suspect she is swamped.

I feel your pain; I, too, am experiencing the development-hell of seeing one of my pending stories still "pending" after submitting it for review and publication 12 days ago... Good luck to the admins, I'm sure they're swamped!

Back