The Mansion

December. December! Already. How is it possible? Had she simply gone to sleep and awakened to find that months had slipped by?

Life. It had held her hostage. It made her smile however. She wouldn't trade her place in the world for anything.

Her tree was up. It needed more decorations. It was looking poorly. There were yet presents needed for under it as well.

Cookies to bake. Holiday decorations to put out. Perhaps the quick snap of a whip would get her in gear.

A smirk played around her lips. She best not let Dryfter get wind of that thought....then again......

She drifted off toward the kitchen to refill her coffee cup and look up Christmas cookie recipes. While visions of... well... you know... danced in her head.
 
The holidays were over. The new year was rung in.

Sitting in her desk chair, she leaned back, sipping coffee as she looked out the window. It was snowing again and it was beautiful. A pain int he ass, but beautiful nonetheless.

The real world had her locked in, yet, she managed to find a bit of time to keep her eyes on this place.

Ice. Luna. Fr33k. To name a few. She missed the fun. The teasing. She missed the people. She wouldn't trade her real life now for anything.

You could never go home, but you can forge ahead. A moment of brief thought. Then a smile. She had an email to send.
 
There it was. The itch to write again. Maybe if she tried it, she could gain back the itch to finish at least one of her old stories. Or was it simply better to leave them where they were.... lying in that place where all unfinished stories went? She'd give that some thought. In any case, she had an offer to start a story with a dear friend. She hesitated. She had good reason to. She understood him and heaven only knew, she was just as guilty of not holding up her part. He wanted a shot. She'd give it to him and maybe, hopefully, she could do them both justice.

Wait and see.

The story of her life these days.

:heart:
 
His chuckle floated on the ether and dissipated. She could still sense him while she sat at her desk, idly nibbling on her bottom lip as she reread her next post. Yeah. Good. She turned it over to her co-writer before, she left her study and vanished to some other part of the ether. It was time for her to retreat back into her reality. Dryfter would be home soon.
 
So, the itch had bitten her again. Looking over threads, she had replied to all of them... or would. Shortly. Snippets of stories came to her and she would be jotting them down in her notebook. Images always formed in her mind like mini stories forming and she had no choice but to write them down before they were lost.

It was snowing again and her coffee cup was empty. She got up, reaching for her mug and headed for the kitchen. Time for a break.
 
The maids were busy changing the drapes to burgundy. A few others were hanging twinkle lights, arranging candles on the mantle and the various tables around the room. From the kitchen, scents of cinnamon and chocolate floated out. A fire crackled and popped in the fireplace. At the backdoor, a firm knock was made. A delivery. Champagne.
 
So. Another year is marked today. Friends have sent their birthday wishes. Love fills the day. She smiles. With a cup of coffee in hand.

In other news, disappointment rides her but it is tempered with understanding and love. Life happens. He is who he is. She never has expectations of him. Life goes on. Apologies made and accepted with Grace and best wishes. He'll be back and truth be told, he'll be in touch. He always is.

~ Be careful, doll. Don't make your guardian angel go on a drinking binge, okay? Come home safely. You always know how and where to find me. ~

With a regretful sigh, she rolls up another story and tucks it into her archives.

Life. Happens.
 
It is Saturday. She leaned back in her chair with a cup of coffee in her hand, listening to Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me". The song made her smile for she would always think of Ice when she heard it.

At this moment, she wondered where he was and if he was safe. She knew where he was going and if he found the time and had the means, there was a good chance he would contact her. If nothing else, to share a bit of his time there or simply to let her know he was safe.

She missed his presence in her life and she sincerely hoped all was well.

:rose:
 
Spring at last!

She threw open every window in her mansion. A slight warm wind came through, lightly caressing her skin. Her face lifted to it, like a lover meeting a kiss.

Winter had its place, but now, it was time for warmth. The shrubs outside were budding. The crocuses and daffodils were making themselves seen. She leaned against the wall, looking out of her window, coffee in hand.

New thoughts. New ideas. Living with Dryfter she had gotten lazy and content. She needed to prod her brain cell back to work. GAH! She wanted Ice. She wanted to create with him again. Damn him for taking flight to God knows where. Ah well. That's life for you.

Glancing over her shoulder at her desk and the keyboard that simply sat there and mocked her, a soft sigh escaped her lips. She really did need to sit down and start writing. The story wasn't going to write itself, even though it was having a high time in her mind of doing just that. Her fingers needed to catch up.

But just for now....

Just for a moment....

She'd stand here, drink her coffee and day dream. Just for a moment.
 
Leaning back in her desk chair, cup of coffee in hand and wearing a huge grin, her thoughts wandered. Sure, she had things to do and she'd get them done, but she took a moment in the breath of Time for herself.

There was peace in her heart. Ice was okay. She wasn't sure where he was exactly, but he had sent a pic. Just knowing her friend was good, made her smile wider.

One of these days.... she laughed to herself.

One of these days.

In the meanwhile, Dryfter was trying his hand at being a brew master and damn his first batch came out good. For a light beer. Considering that was his first kit. Even she liked it and she didn't care for beer much. Now and then. Tequila was her poison. However, she had done what she had set out to do. Give Dryfter a start in a new hobby he had been wanting to try. They were going to host a Cards Against Humanity's night next month and also reveal the first batch of beer to their friends. Yesterday, they had bought a new addition to the card game called, Crabs against Humidity. Crazy shit there. The card night should prove to be fun. With that all in mind, the mansion was in a state of flux. Everything was being cleaned and dusted. Finger foods were being prepared and frozen for the game night.

Other stresses were nagging thoughts. All she could now was put one foot in front of the other and keep trudging onward. What other choice did she have? She certainly wasn't going to lie down and give up. Although she had come close a time or two. Life wasn't fair but she just lifted her chin somehow and kept going. It would all work out in the end.

Hope. Determination. Faith. Guts.
 
She wrote out standing orders for the maids to keep the mansion open, well cleaned and always ready for her occupation. There was no telling when she would pop in to check on things.

After much thought, she had decided to go back to work full time. It was good to give back to her community and to be more productive. There were a host of reasons for her decisions, but those two were as good as any.

She looked around her office, smiled one more time at the memories and softly closed the door. The sound of her heels on the wooden floors gently floated through space as she gathered her purse and headed out of the main door........
 
Flowers. It was Spring. They were piled in such abundance at the stair that the Maids would be less-impressed than flummoxed. They would be heaped and heaped, great mounds of them, standing taller than any man and spread out across the landing until they covered almost the entire stretch of the hall.

It was a flood of colors, a flood of petals, green stems trimmed down and capped with waterlets to keep them fresh. Oh, her maids would be busy. The way he saw it, of course, they'd need something to occupy them now that he was away. There would be vases, and vases, to fill. Countless amounts. All about the house.

They were but a fraction of the affection he felt for her.
 
Flowers. It was Spring. They were piled in such abundance at the stair that the Maids would be less-impressed than flummoxed. They would be heaped and heaped, great mounds of them, standing taller than any man and spread out across the landing until they covered almost the entire stretch of the hall.

It was a flood of colors, a flood of petals, green stems trimmed down and capped with waterlets to keep them fresh. Oh, her maids would be busy. The way he saw it, of course, they'd need something to occupy them now that he was away. There would be vases, and vases, to fill. Countless amounts. All about the house.

They were but a fraction of the affection he felt for her.

Countless. So many she didn't even try to count, yet every single one made her smile. There were vases all over the mansion. Some of them were new too. It wasn't surprising. She had only so many vases.

Ice. That man. He's something else again. It didn't matter what she had to forgive him for. She would always adore him. Hopefully, soon. She'd be able to speak with him again. She was eliminating issues, a little at a time, but she would eliminate them.

She plucked a flower from a vase in passing and raised it to her nose, inhaling deeply. The flower twirled in her fingers. Charmer. Rogue. Friend. Always.
 
The atmosphere had been humid and ugly for a couple of weeks now. The only saving grace was the central air conditioning the mansion had. Despite that saving grace, the air in the mansion felt stale. Fresh air was needed.

Perhaps the Universe had heard her. She couldn't be sure. Still, the skies darkened. It rumbled ominously. There was the instinctual feeling that it was coming. The very moment the skies opened and flooded the outside with rain, she threw open all the doors and opened all the windows. The humidity would return. That was a given. For the moment, however the air was cool and refreshing and she turned off the air conditioning to enjoy it.
 
A lazy Sunday morning, just what the doctor ordered. One kid was playing WoW, the other was watching anime with Dryfter....

Coffee in front of her, she leaned back in her desk chair and smiled at the sounds. She checked on her thread with FR33k and then decided to head over to the Beta of WoW for the new expansion being released at the end of the month. Tomorrow was Monday and a day of work before she had two days off to spend with Dryfter for his birthday....

Life is good...
 
She stood, looking out of her study's window, thinking. Her foot lightly tapped the floor. Emotions came to the fore.

Damn you, Ice. It's been far too long. Where are you?

He probably was either working abroad or off on his latest hobby. The one that scared the hell out of her because she worried about him and for him. She had sent her latest phone number by text and she hasn't heard back. Ugh! It was a good thing he wasn't available. She wasn't sure if she would hug him or scold him. He could be such a shit sometimes.

She needed to switch mental gears. She needed to get back into writing. Something hot. Something... kinky. Her lips quirked in amusement. Between Dryfter and some of the other guys she knew here, someone could fit the bill to a tee. She needed something with some bit of substance, not just slap and tickle. Although... her right brow arched slightly as her lips curved into a wicked grin to match the sudden twinkle in her eyes. She had nothing against slap and tickle either so long as her partner could spell and write more than just two or three lines.

Winter was coming and with it long nights. Work kept her busy but surely she could manage something. Wicked. Kinky. Damn.
 
Back
Top