The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with thawing chicken in hot water is that you can increase the speed of bacteria growth that way. Toss it in cool water, it'll still thaw quick, and be a little safer.

Actually, what you do it put it in a pot filled with room temp water, and then let just a trickle of water constantly flow into it (and, therefor, constantly overflowing). this thaws the chicken (or any meat) much faster.

That's what I do! But I just use cold water instead of room temp. It works about the same for me. I still always end up having to chop at frozen-in-the-middle meat when I do that, though. Overnight fridge thaw FTW.

The problem with thawing chicken in hot water is that you can increase the speed of bacteria growth that way. Toss it in cool water, it'll still thaw quick, and be a little safer.

But you're cooking the chicken to a temp that's gonna kill bacteria anyway.

That's what I do! But I just use cold water instead of room temp. It works about the same for me. I still always end up having to chop at frozen-in-the-middle meat when I do that, though. Overnight fridge thaw FTW.

I normally do this. But I will on occasion forget and so get it out first thing in the morning....Its just that today I totally forgot.

I'd rather not use the microwave to defrost for the simple fact that I don't like wasting electricity when I can do a little forethought and avoid the need.

Its just that today I was a numpty! :D

I normally do this. But I will on occasion forget and so get it out first thing in the morning....Its just that today I totally forgot.

I'd rather not use the microwave to defrost for the simple fact that I don't like wasting electricity when I can do a little forethought and avoid the need.

Its just that today I was a numpty! :D

It happens to the best of us.

Some recent thoughts...

It's not fair. At all. Cancer can just fuck off.

This weekend will be just what's needed.

Pushing 17k. I'm happy with that.

Chia Seeds?? WTF. Why a whole mouthful. They have zero taste whatsoever.

Sigh. I need salt.

Chia Seeds?? WTF. Why a whole mouthful. They have zero taste whatsoever.

Sigh. I need salt.

If you are suffering from low sodium in your diet try having a lemon/lime drink.

A teaspoon or two of lemon/lime juice, add in some warm/hot water and if required a small amount of honey to sweeten. Try to use fresh juice if you can.

Obviously you can tailor the amounts to suit your palate. Much better than chia seeds!

If you are suffering from low sodium in your diet try having a lemon/lime drink.

A teaspoon or two of lemon/lime juice, add in some warm/hot water and if required a small amount of honey to sweeten. Try to use fresh juice if you can.

Obviously you can tailor the amounts to suit your palate. Much better than chia seeds!

Thank you!! But I was merely referring to the tasteless seeds in my mouth. The salt I 'need' was a mere craving.

But I appreciate your response.

The handcuffs were way too tight.
I'm going to have bruises now.
My own fault really....
At least he didn't break my arm, that's a plus.

Questions can hurt buried in the heart never asked or never answered.

Seriously need to find the power source for the counselor sign that apparently stays lit over my head and kill it.

Last edited:
God, I need some release...

Been edging most of today...Chatted and brought off 3 people...Now I need my turn.

LT~

FINALLY!

I got my last post owed completed for Dryfter. So, now I'm off to go start dinner before Sir gets home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back