What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

I couldn't find the recipe for the soup that was requested. I remembered the ingredients, but not the amounts so I just winged it. :D Soup's good. Bok choy and chicken soup with rice and toppings.

Waiting for the yogurt cake to finish baking. I was left out of the Easter dinner conversation so I wasn't really prepared. After asking today it was decided nobody did anything about a dessert. I had everything on hand for the yogurt cake and I figure it's a very nice and lightly sweet cake that is perfect with coffee so it will a treat.

Sounds really good mind if I ask you for the recipe?

Score!

I decided to finally open a jar of jelly I have been avoiding as it lost the label in our epic 3 months of moving and resulting storage. I was sure it wouldn't be good after letting it set for a couple of years but figured I should at least get it out of the pantry.

OMG !

It was definitely still good and it's the last known existing jar that I canned of Spiced Merlot Grape jelly.

A few years ago, we had an acquaintance whose merlot grapes were too sweet (wtf?) to be able to use for wine that year. I cooked down almost 2.5 bushels of grapes and froze the juice left after canning as much jelly as I had jars for. One batch, I put in cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and it turned out amazing.

My 18 yo nephew made off with two of the jars and reports from his sisters were that 1)he didn't share and 2)he sat and ate each jar with a spoon sans bread in one sitting each. I consider that a pretty good review.

I canned like crazy before we moved cross-country since most of my fruits and juices were in the freezer which had to be emptied, of course. I had enough merlot grape juice left to make about 12 pints of jelly. I've given some as gifts and we had eaten all that was left...or so I thought!

This calls for some homemade biscuits next weekend! My mouth is so happy!

Score!

I decided to finally open a jar of jelly I have been avoiding as it lost the label in our epic 3 months of moving and resulting storage. I was sure it wouldn't be good after letting it set for a couple of years but figured I should at least get it out of the pantry.

OMG !

It was definitely still good and it's the last known existing jar that I canned of Spiced Merlot Grape jelly.

A few years ago, we had an acquaintance whose merlot grapes were too sweet (wtf?) to be able to use for wine that year. I cooked down almost 2.5 bushels of grapes and froze the juice left after canning as much jelly as I had jars for. One batch, I put in cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and it turned out amazing.

My 18 yo nephew made off with two of the jars and reports from his sisters were that 1)he didn't share and 2)he sat and ate each jar with a spoon sans bread in one sitting each. I consider that a pretty good review.

I canned like crazy before we moved cross-country since most of my fruits and juices were in the freezer which had to be emptied, of course. I had enough merlot grape juice left to make about 12 pints of jelly. I've given some as gifts and we had eaten all that was left...or so I thought!

This calls for some homemade biscuits next weekend! My mouth is so happy!
.. :)
Home made jellies make the best gifts, love stories like this

Beef roast/stew in a stovetop dutch oven, green beans, cabbage/broccoli ferment w/tomatoes and cottage cheese, apple pie cooling on the counter.

Harry you put us all to shame with all that energy.

The week kind of sucked so I settled for comfort food for dinner. Potato chips and sweet tea.
I'll get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

I've been struggling to eat lately and this is one of the few things that agrees with me. I added dried cranberries and whole almonds plus loads of cinnamon. Store bought granola cannot compare to warm from the oven.

Harry you put us all to shame with all that energy.

The week kind of sucked so I settled for comfort food for dinner. Potato chips and sweet tea.
I'll get back in the swing of things tomorrow.
I cant take credit for cooking, just scarfing :)
I've been struggling to eat lately and this is one of the few things that agrees with me. I added dried cranberries and whole almonds plus loads of cinnamon. Store bought granola cannot compare to warm from the oven.
It looks great! hard to make? sorry you r feeling yuck.

It looks great! hard to make? sorry you r feeling yuck.

Thanks. Granola is pretty simple to make. It certainly costs less to make it at home and has the benefit of knowing exactly what's in it. I made this with honey and a touch of sugar. Just coat everything and bake it. There are a lot of recipes available online.

London broil with roasted sweet potato and chayote squash wedges for the evening.

I think I'll pair it with a Smoking Loon Merlot I just pulled out of the rack.

The knowing what's in it is a huge advantsge; that said j always go a little TOO stingy over the sweet aspect and while I like it I think it's a little 'cardbordy' for others. 'Luckily' I cannot eat it now and G prefers muesli anyway most days he's going for that sort of breakfast.

Yours looks delicious

Thanks. (*^_^*) I would like to try different sweetener or find a less sweet option. I've been playing with the additives a bit and I'm hoping to come up with something that suits my palate best.

----

Meat for gyros in the oven. Homemade tzatziki getting all tasty in the fridge.
(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡ I'm excited to see how homemade gyros turn out tonight.

Back