The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it was only last summer that I ever saw fireflies. We don't have them in SoCal. Probably too dry when it's warm enough and too cold when there's enough moisture. We were driving back from Canada and stopped at a friend's vacation home it S. Dakota. I was entranced. Those little bugs can make you believe in fairies.

Wait...You mean they are not!? Oh noes. The horror.

It has been years since I've seen fireflies. When I was married, our cats used to catch them and bat them around gently for hours, then let them go.

Tricia strolls in...white wine in hand...wiggles between Bear and Angel to watch the faries play:kiss:

Glad you are feeling better. Good luck on the chapter.

I'm okay. Tired, but okay. :rose:

You've had a busy couple of days. I'm not surprised you're tired.

Yanno, Trish, I can't write in chapters. I can never figure out how long they're supposed to be or whether each chapter has a plot or how they actually work. How do you manage it?

Yanno, Trish, I can't write in chapters. I can never figure out how long they're supposed to be or whether each chapter has a plot or how they actually work. How do you manage it?

*hugs*

I've been trying to take it slow with getting things done, I just don't like living in disorganized clutter. Once I have it organized and know where it is, I don't care! I know, weird!!

What is this writing in chapters??;)

I suppose I do it because I plot my stories out to the smallest detail. It's just logical to me that it has a beginning, middle, and end...I guess everyone is different.

*hugs*

I've been trying to take it slow with getting things done, I just don't like living in disorganized clutter. Once I have it organized and know where it is, I don't care! I know, weird!!

What is this writing in chapters??;)

LOL....don't tease me! It's just the way that I write!:D

I suppose I do it because I plot my stories out to the smallest detail. It's just logical to me that it has a beginning, middle, and end...I guess everyone is different.

That must help. Once in a while, I know where the story will end up, but how it gets there, I haven't a clue until I see it on the screen. Pathetic, I know, but I'm so right-brained, I fall off the end of the scale.

That must help. Once in a while, I know where the story will end up, but how it gets there, I haven't a clue until I see it on the screen. Pathetic, I know, but I'm so right-brained, I fall off the end of the scale.

I handwrite everything, in notebooks, all nice and in order. I really don't have that much control over the stories though. The characters take it where they will. Sometimes it's what I want but not always.

I handwrite everything, in notebooks, all nice and in order. I really don't have that much control over the stories though. The characters take it where they will. Sometimes it's what I want but not always.

When I was taking art classes, I found that paintings do the same thing. You know what you want but do you know what the paint wants? Perhaps one of the reasons I switched over to furniture was that it's supposedly more under your control. Not! Wood moves and you have to ask yourself if what you want to make is what the tree wanted to be. Sounds odd, but that was George Nakashima's attitude and he was right up there with Sam Maloof as a living national treasure.

Last edited:

Mmmmm. Why does this get my imagination running fast and hard?

When I was taking art classes, I found that paintings do the same thing. You know what you want but do you know what the paint wants? Perhaps one of the reasons I switched over to furniture was that it's supposedly more under your control. Not! Wood moves and you have to ask yourself if what you want to make is what the tree wanted to be. Sounds odd, but that was George Nakashima's attitude and he was right up there with Sam Maloof as a living national treasure.

I'm not sure who George Nakashima is or was...an artist? Anyway I bet your creations are beautiful. I can't even draw stick people...

It's late so this little firefly chaser is going to go....see ya'll later today! Naughty Dreams Sweets':kiss::heart:

I'm not sure who George Nakashima is or was...an artist? Anyway I bet your creations are beautiful. I can't even draw stick people...

It's late so this little firefly chaser is going to go....see ya'll later today! Naughty Dreams Sweets':kiss::heart:

Click on the link in my previous post. Original Nakashima furniture brings auction prices in six figures. He would be astounded. Fortunately, his daughter married one of his best workman. She's a trained architect and he's a master woodworker. The company still lives and new chairs are less expensive than old ones. Go figure.

Umm maybe because you have a naughty imagination?:kiss:

Oh, there's no maybe about my having a naughty imagination--that's an absolute hard fact. But your sweet softness makes it rise to the surface and burst like a dolphin needing air. :kiss:

you are sexier than your av's portend

Oh, there's no maybe about my having a naughty imagination--that's an absolute hard fact. But your sweet softness makes it rise to the surface and burst like a dolphin needing air. :kiss:

you are sexier than your av's portend

And very, very naughty! :kiss:

bearden1.jpg

I awoke, my friend laying peacufully in his sleeping bag beside me, on a hilltop in Nantahala National Forest. We were in a clear meadow, one where spring flowers bloom and bask in a moon glow. It was a time between the moon-set and the sunrise.

Millions of fireflies hovered in the wood to my east. They were clumped, like starlight, and my eyes were fixated till morning. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and I'm old! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back