editor

robertreams

Literotica Guru
I need an editor for chapter two of a posted story. It is a gay male story. Editing should not be difficult, I have a fair command of the language, but difficulty editing my own work. I am a poor typist with bad habits i cannot seem to unlearn, for example I type teh almost every time. When I reread my own work, I tend to want to change fundamentals of character, etc, each time I go through and therefore, miss spellings, typos, etc., every time. The selection is around 8,000 words.

Any takers?

Not for me due to the content but if as you say you constantly type certain words wrong, then why not when you have finished go back and use the find & replace commands. Obviously it will only work if you constantly spell the incorrect word the same each time.

I need an editor for chapter two of a posted story. It is a gay male story. Editing should not be difficult, I have a fair command of the language, but difficulty editing my own work. I am a poor typist with bad habits i cannot seem to unlearn, for example I type teh almost every time. When I reread my own work, I tend to want to change fundamentals of character, etc, each time I go through and therefore, miss spellings, typos, etc., every time. The selection is around 8,000 words.

Any takers?

I'd be happy to give it a go.

Well, I do just that, but there are often words in which one might drop a letter or add a letter, leaving a word, so the spell checker won't highlight it, so I won't see it. Example: type see instead of seen, or seem instead of see, or deer instead of dear As I explained, other minor mistakes, I easily overlook, because when I go back to check my own work, I can't resist continuing to write and make substantive changes, so it becomes a new manuscript with potential new errors each time.

Thank you , I found an editor for chapter two, but am still in need of an editor, as I always have ongoing work, including two major length novels, one of which will be ready by summer, I hope.
Also I have always a short story or two in the hopper. So I could still use a good editor if someone wishes to volunteer. I would offer to pay, but my e-published books do not make any money. I could offer a percentage but that is basically selling hope. about($20 so far in a year for 8 listed books)

Back