My Zombie Shelter (open to everyone)

Looking at the figure in front of me who was the one blinding me I gave him a dull look. ”No I am not bitten. No I was not followed either.” I glared at him, it had been a long day, and I was exhausted. I could continue on if I had to but I would prefer not to. ”So going to take the light out of my face now, or are you going to strip search me and wait for the zombies to come and bite me..” I was probably brasher then I should have been, but well in these times, there wasn’t time for kindness you had to get to the point and get to it quickly.

Night time was the worse time to be out for most, especially if you are travelling in a group. Alone it was easier for me, easier to blend in with my surroundings and not let the zombies to catch my trail. My training with the military had paid off, as well as going camping with my family and learning how to tract and cover my own tracts. So here I was no trail behind me, nothing to be followed, of course I know it’s only a matter of time before this place is found, before the zombies come here for their food source.
 
Each kiss that she gently planted on my stomach caused a jolt of electricity to shoot through me. The feeling of her lips on me so foreign yet a reminder of another time. I stood there, fingers laced in her hair looking into those emerald eyes that were ablaze with desire. I stepped out of my jeans lying on the floor kicking my boots off as well. Her fingers were toying with the waistband of my shorts and she had this look of uncertainty about her, as if wanting to know if this was okay.

I had started to whisper that she didn't have to go any further, but stopped, remembering how that had gone in the past. Instead I gave a slight nod then leaned my head back enjoying the feeling of the elastic slide down my legs.
 
Looking at the figure in front of me who was the one blinding me I gave him a dull look. ”No I am not bitten. No I was not followed either.” I glared at him, it had been a long day, and I was exhausted. I could continue on if I had to but I would prefer not to. ”So going to take the light out of my face now, or are you going to strip search me and wait for the zombies to come and bite me..”

"The thought had occurred to me," I answered her as I took the light out of her eyes and stepped aside. I gave her plenty of room to enter through the gate. I pulled Max back with me, telling him to sit and stay. He was watching her intently, and I could feel his hackles still up as I brushed my hand over his back.

I held my Glock at a low ready, not pointing at her but not exactly pointing at the ground, either.

"Mike Taylor," I told her. "And this is Max."

The fire I had built outside in the old steel barrel by my tent was still burning a little. I moved back away from the gate with Max near the fire so both she and I could get a good look at each other. As far as first impressions go, I was sure I wasn't the sight to be seen. I didn't have to worry about my hair because I kept it cut close enough. The tee shirt I was wearing was old and faded, once navy blue and even had a very faded "2" on the left chest.

Of all things. Damn. I had been awakened out of a decent sleep by someone pounding on the gate. And, once I realized the someone was female I started getting all goofy about how I looked.

Seriously?

I shook my head at myself. Max looked up at me.
 
Last edited:
Walking slowly into the gate I kept my eyes on him and his dog Max. I kept my hands away from my weapons to help to ease the tension that was in the air now. I could hear the grumbles come from the woods, they were close, not because of me, but regardless it was only a matter of time before they found this place.

"Hi Mike Taylor I am Jane Henderson." It was a well known name though more and more now many didn't even recognize it. It didn't matter either way, all that mattered now was surviving pushing on through the day, and lasting to see another.

I gave Mike a once over knowing he was still well prepared to shoot me if need be. I could understand that, especially with how things were now. "Look their close, I don't know how close they are. But we need to secure the gate." I knew it wasn't my place, but I also knew that there was no time to waste there never really was. Not anymore, not with how we all had to live. With whatever survivors there were if any.
 
I pushed the gate to and dropped the bolt, locking us in and them out.

I could hear them outside. I wasn't sure how many were out there, but it appeared a group had been following Jane through the woods and over the road. Max was letting his teeth show now, focusing on the gate and the walking dead beyond it. He was starting to let out the low, guttural growl he used as a warning. No doubt he could smell them on the wind from beyond the wall.

"They won't get in," I told her. I unhooked Max from the leash and he immediately gave Jane the sniff over. I'm just glad he didn't goose her in the crotch as he tends to do sometimes. "He's just saying hello," I explained.

I let my pistol hand drop to my side. I hadn't taken the time to grab my duty belt so I had to hold onto the Glock.

"You hungry?" I asked.
 
There was no going back now. We had both shed our clothes and our inhibitions and there was nothing between us now but air. Randy's body had its fair share of battle scars, as had mine. I licked my lips, sliding up the bed a little more and pulling him with me.

"I ... I'm not, um ... it's sort of been a while for me," I stammered as he ran his hands over my body. I felt shy, but I was ready. I won't be afraid to admit I was more than embarrassed by how wet I was already. I lay back against the pillows, they felt cool against my back which was nice, and I pulled Randy down. He was bracing himself a little with his arms, one slid down behind my lower back, the other tracing across my stomach and chest, touching me with his fingers. "Kiss me, please," I crooned and he obliged.

My heart felt like it was going to take off, battering against my ribs as his warm lips enveloped mine, his tongue dancing with my own, our breaths coming in sweet sighs. I arched a leg around his hip as he lay against me, and I could feel him, hard, against my other thigh. It was almost like a kind of therapy, a release for a few moments from what our world had become, from what our lives had become. I wasn't sure how long I was going to be able to remain civilised for. I wanted him. I hadn't had an orgasm in months, almost a year, and I wanted it. My kisses became deeper, one hand snaked around the back of his neck and kept him close to me, kept his lips on me, his breath and my breath the same, my other hand sliding down by his hip, coaxing him to me.

I kissed a trail along his jaw again, sucking on his ear lobe and groaning my lascivious intent into his ear before crushing my lips to his again.
 
Our kisses were intense, and with each second they morphed from tender probings and explorations of new lovers to deep soulful communications of need between mates. I could feel her move and writhe beneath me, her skin soft and glistening form sweat. I could feel her hand moving to grasp me and guide me into her, but there was something I wanted, no needed first. I longed to taste her.

I slid my lips from hers and began an agonizingly slow path to her center. I kissed her neck and colloarbone prefacing each kiss with a flick of my tongue. She felt so good against my lips and every moan and gasp that escaped her fueled my desire to not only satisfy myself, but to please her. She would arch her back and push my head, mashing it against her breast as I sucked and teasingly bit each nipple. Whispering my name and groaning as I moved back and forth, kissing one while kneading and caressing the other.

Unable to wait any longer I began the journey futher south stopping to dip my tongue into her belly button, I could feel the burning in my scalp as her fingers tighten pulling my hair, and spurring me on. I kissed her torso, and lower stomach before I felt the hairs of her unkept bush tickling my chin. I could smell her arousal and as I inhaled it fueled my desire to taste her even more.
I slid further down the bed and placing a hand behind each knee, pushed her legs apart to reveal my prize. I was unable to resist and coverd her with my mouth plunging my tongue as deep as possible before with drawing it and licking her length. She was so wet and slick and her tangy sweetness flowed over my tongue and lips. It had been so long and I couldn't see me being satisfied any time soon.
 
He moved away from my mouth, and my lips felt bruised from the intensity of our kisses. I barely had time to catch my breath when he started kissing and nipping down along my body. It was exquisite torture. I was almost clawing at his hair as he kissed down over my stomach. Obviously, due to the apocalypse, a girl's options were pretty slim when it came to bikini waxes. I was thankful I had been doing it since my teens, so my hair was very soft and barely noticeable. Except obviously for, well, you know where. Brunette, and all that. It was a little embarrassing. I found myself wishing he wouldn't, that I wanted him to kiss me and I wanted him inside me, but then...

It was like a kiss. I could feel his tongue, and the way he licked me... My lips formed an O and I cried out his name, my legs arching in his hands. I ran my hands up to my breasts, still wet from his kisses, my nipples still hard from his teasing ministrations. I pinched them in my fingers and threw my head back, arching my spine off the bed. I could feel the smarting, prickling pain from the wound in my back, but I didn't care. The feeling building in my belly was taking over. He lapped at me, and I could barely take it. I felt myself winding, and started trying to think of things to keep myself from going over the edge, but my body was having none of it. My hips bucked at his tongue and every breath was a wanton gasp, or groan. My hands snaked up, through my long black tresses, and gripped the head of the mattress as my body writhed. "Please... Please..."
 
I had wanted to take my time, to savor every taste, and sesation but her cries for release spurred me on to redouble my efforts. Her hips ground and bucked into my mouth and I had trouble staying connected to her. I slid my hand from her legs, and along her body grasping a breast in each one, kneading and scraping each nipple across my palm. I slid my tongue across her clit, then sucked it between my lips and gently pressed them together.

I was on fire, and I could feel myself pulsing and jumping, straining for contact. It had been so long and I wanted to feel the warmth of her envloping me as we joined. I wanted her to scratch, and claw at my back; to use her hands on my ass to pull me in deeper. I wanted to hear her scream my name then whisper how it good it felt into my ear. We had come so far in such a short time. We had fought, and argued, caressed and kissed. We had been form one extreme to the other and as she lie here, writhing and undulating with pleasue, I wanted to push her further.

She was flowng freely now, her wetness dripping off of my chin. I plunged my tongue as far as I could trying to savor every drop. She was gasping and calling my name, yet only the thought of her cumming was on my mind. I wanted it, no needed to her climax. I wanted to see that look of satisfaction and dreaminess play in her eyes and know that it was because of me.
 
His hands reached up, gliding over my sensitive skin until he was holding my breasts and I felt myself begin to build. I called out to god, I cursed, the sensation was too heady, it had been so long, I couldn't stop myself. I dug my nails into the top of the mattress as I felt it start, deep inside my core, that fluttering.

My legs started to twitch and stretch, my heart was throwing itself against my ribs. My back was arching, and I'm pretty sure I felt the snap of a nail as I dug them into the fabric of the mattress. My breath was ragged, punctuated by groans and pleas. My neck was arched back, my chin pointed to the ceiling as I groaned. I wanted it. I was so close, so perilously close.

I was panting, as he slid his tongue across my bud, each pant turning to a moan. Then, I felt pressure as he sucked it between his lips. "Oh...oh....ffff....uck....ah..." Every word reached a higher pitch until my mouth froze, in a silent scream. Every muscle in my body was taut, and I came, my eyes rolled back in my head, my legs constricting him to me, my nipples hard against his palms. It felt like an earthquake. Or a person-quake. My entire body reverberated with the most intense of orgasms. I felt the sensation, hot, in my belly. It was like an itch. I wanted more as he licked me, my hips involuntarily shuddering. I sucked in a breath after what felt like an eternity and begged him for more.
 
Her thighs were clamped tightly on my head and it felt as if every muscle were straining as she climaxed. I had sensed its arrival, but wasn't prepared for it's intensity. I continued to lick and taste her until she pulled away trying to escape the constant assault of my tongue, crying that she was too sensitive.

My own need for release sprung to the forefront of my mind and I began kissing my way up her body. I wanted to be patient, but the thought of being inside her, feeling her heat surround me as I slid to the hilt, could no longer be ignored.

I grabbed my cock and teased her opening, lubing the head before slowly starting to sink inward. Slowly, cautiously, pushing gently then withdrawing, allowing her to adjust my intrusion. After what seemed like an eternity we were joined, moving, twisting as one. It had been so long, yet it felt so natural.. Thoughts of the past disappeared and were replaced by visions of Pan and I, together, for as long as she would have me.

For long moments, we would look at one another, before bringing our lips together in a fiery kiss. My mind was a whirlwind of primal desire and and a desperate need to come. My thrusts came faster and harder, and the felling of her tight slick channel stated me on a path of release that I had forgotten felt so incredible
 
It felt strange, like I was being forced to accommodate him. I felt tight, probably from lack of use, and I cried out as he entered me. He was torturously slow, trying to be gentle and I just wanted there to be some sense of familiarity so he could let go. I took his face in my hands and looked up at him, my cheeks flushed, my skin covered in a light sheen of sweat. I wanted to tell him something, that this didn't mean nothing, that it meant something here at the end of days. As I was gazing up into his eyes, he withdrew and then slid into me again, slow, keeping my gaze the whole time. I gasped, groaning at the intrusion as he buried himself in me right up to the hilt. I could feel every delicious inch as our hips met, my body involuntarily clinging to him. I could barely breathe, stroking the sides of his face with my thumbs.

"I'm here, Randy. I'm here," I whispered. "Please, kiss me.."

And he did. He kissed me with fire that turned my limbs to putty in his hands as he started to withdraw again. I flexed my hips and moved my hands down his chest and then he plunged into me again, deep, with a grunt. I almost lost it then and there. I hadn't expected such vigour and I whimpered into his shoulder. "More..." He obliged. God, it was so good. My back arched, and I moaned my want into his ear. My hips were moving of their own volition, grinding against him. My legs were wrapped around him. "Harder...god, please, I want you so much..." I rasped into his ear, sucking on the lobe and groaning. He drove his cock deep into me and my legs tightened around him. I raked my nails down his back and dug them into the skin of his ass, my hips shuddering. I sucked on his shoulder, then his neck, and then I felt it again.

Like that low fluttering, my pussy started to clench, my nipples hard against his chest, my breath coming in short, keening gasps and muttered pleadings. I tossed my head back and begged him to make me cum again...
 
Every sigh and whimper, coupled with pleas for release spurred me on and my pace increased. The slow thrusting of my hips slowly morphed into ravenous pounding as her words of praise and encouragement filled my head. We would kiss furiously only to break apart gasping and panting from the exertions of our coupling. I could feel a tingling, an almost burning in my loins as I countinued to stroke into her harder and faster. I slid my hands under her back, wrapping my fingers over her shoulder for leverage. Every muscle in my body, pulling and straining trying to force myself deeper.

This was no longer about her. I was soo close and the quest for satisfaction overtook my senses. I wanted it, I needed to cum in her. I needed to fill her with a part of me, somehow linking us forever. There was no thought of consequences, or fallout, just of hunger and passion. We were a writihng, grunting, sweaty mess and it was heaven.

I could sense she was getting close as well, so summoning all of my strength and energy, I thrust just a little bit harder and faster. I was panting so hard and sweat dripped from my brow.

"Oh my God!" I growled as I felt my cock swell and begin to pulse as I jetted into her. With a final thrust, pulling with all my might, I felt my self filling her as she quivered, and pulsated around me. Time seemed to stop as my orgasm subsided and as we lay there, looking at one another, I had never felt more complete. I bowed my head and planted a soft kiss on her lips. The fury and rage gone from within.
 
He was slamming into me like a man possessed, gripping my shoulders for a stronger purchase. I grunted with each thrust, my core tightening. I knew I was going to cum again, I could feel it coming like a train, every time he plunged his length into me, invaded me. It began to feel harder, faster, I could tell he was ready and by god I wanted it as I jolted my hips up. I could feel him swelling and I didn't think I was going to be able to take it.

Oh my god! He growled, and I could feel that final, deep, hard thrust, my nails clawing at his back and ass, my legs pulling him deeper into me. "Fuck, Randy! Oh, oh yes!" I came. Harder than before, my pussy tightening and convulsing around him, milking every drop of him deep inside me. I planted my mouth against his neck and screamed against his sweating skin, clinging to him with every fibre of my being, my body melting.

I lay there, shaking. My breath was gulped in huge, shuddering draws. My long bangs stuck to my forehead, and I deigned that I probably looked a sight. His hands were still holding my shoulders, our foreheads pressed together. I think this was the time I felt most vulnerable. I could feel my pussy clenched around him, both of our most active parts were still pulsating, his cock buried within me. I felt sore, not surprisingly. It had been so long, not to mention the fact we had both pretty much fucked in a frenzy at the end. I stared down at the space between us. What space, actually. Our bodies were interwoven, my legs wound around him like a trap. I didn't have any words, I just traced my fingertips along his lower back in silence.
 
"That....that was..." I tried to say between gulps of air. Our foreheads pressed together, bodies so close there was no clear line where I ended and she began. I didn't know how to describe it. Every adjective in my vocabulary fell short of describing how that had felt.

It wasn't just the orgasm, that had been unbelieveable, it was the total feeling of our pairing. The feeling of being connected to something other than painful memories. I felt for the first time in a long time, that I was ok, that I was human. I felt like that even when everything around us said that life was over and ending, that a new life could be possible.

I dipped my head, and kissed her gently. I released my hold on her shoulders and moved a hand to brush away the strands of her raven hair stuck to her forehead. Her eyes seemed to be searching mine for indications of what I was thinking. My breath was starting to slow, my heartbeat returning to normal. I could feel myself softening inside of her, but stayed pressed against her, not wanting to break our connection.

"Pandora..." I started before kissing her once more. "...that...you were amazing. It's been so long since I have felt anything, and now I feel...alive again."
 
His kisses fell on my lips like words from a barely remembered song, and I felt that I was struggling to breathe. There was the feeling of jelly in my arms and legs, the familiar feeling of sated relaxation, but that aching, hollow feeling in my chest was beginning to fade. It felt like a horrible indigestion, and I rubbed the spot just between my breast where I felt it keenest. I thought I was going to cry, as Randy dropped kisses on me. I struggled to maintain my composure.

It's been so long since I have felt anything...

That aching void felt like it was filling up, and I buried my face in the crook between his neck and shoulder, wrapping my arms about his neck and scrunching my fingers in his hair. I could feel his stubble against my shoulder as I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to pull myself together.

"Oh Randy, I feel like that too," I whispered, my voice betraying my emotion. I didn't want him to leave me, much as I knew our mutual orgasms had sated us both, and it would only be moments before he would remove himself from me. I didn't want to break the connection, I didn't want to go back to feeling nothing.
 
When I had finished speaking, she wrapped her arms around me tighter, making a fist in my hair and burying her face in my neck. I could feel her legs tighten around my waist and her body stiffen, holding me to her.

"Oh Randy, I feel like that too," she whispered as she clutched me.

I was so relieved. I had been sure that this has been just a way for her to get off, or a distraction. However, the way she was holding onto me, pulling me tight to her, said that this was something else. Maybe she had also been looking for a way back to the land of living, instead of just survivng.

"I'm so glad..." I said with a relieved sigh. "...I thought that you would...that you didn't...I thought that this may have been just a...a distraction for you."

I was fumbling for the right thing to say, knowing that up until now that had not been my strong suit. We were still joined and I loved the way it felt, being so close, holding on to each other as we stumbled our way through whatever this was between us.

"I don't think I can ever let you go." I said softly. "It's been so long...and I don't think i could ever go back to the way things were. I don't know what this is, or where it might lead, but I think...no, I know I want to find out. Maybe we can figure it out, together."
 
...I thought that you would...that you didn't...I thought that this may have been just a...a distraction for you...

I put a finger over his lips and smiled up at him, shaking my head slightly. "No. This isn't a distraction. Granted, it's been less than two days...which is weird, but no. It's okay." I traced my finger down over his chin and kissed him again, lightly, my eyelids fluttering closed as my legs loosened a little, my hips flexing against him. I groaned slightly, still feeling him inside me.

I don't think I can ever let you go... I kissed him again as he whispered against my lips. "Then don't. I know this is screwed up, but the whole world is screwed up. And if two people can't find solace after nearly killing each other, then what's it all about, really..." I looked up at him as seductively as I could through my dark lashes. "I don't know what this is either, but I'm willing to try. We just have to be patient, and respectful, and it will figure itself out." I bit on his lip a little. "Besides. I it all goes wrong, I can just kill you." I snickered a little as my lips found his again, my body arching to meet him once more.
 
I started moving my hips in time with hers, gently thrusting and undulating, never wanting to separate our bodies even a fraction. Our heads were moving side to side and our lips and tongues had resumed their exploration, yet this was more about understanding, and caring, instead of release. With every passing second, and every sigh and groan, I was becoming more aroused, yet I felt no need to hurry. It felt so incredible to be here, with Pan, no anger, no hostility, just two people enjoying a connection so unlikely, yet strong amidst chaos and loss.

Although it seemed to be only seconds, for a long while we aquaited ourselves with each other's body. She found the letters Montani Semper Liberi that had been inked across me shoulders. Those words, had been just a way for me and my buddies show some state pride. However, here, in this compound as Pan I took our time getting to know every facet of each other, those words held a different meaning. I did feel free, free of hate, free of guilt, and despair. I felt free to let someone else back into the black hole that up until two days ago had been my heart.

As she had done me, I kissed every cut and bruise on her. I studied each scar trying to gleen the journey that she had taken to end up here with me. Some were jagged, like she had been gouged, maybe by rocks or twisted metal. Others were straight, and crisp, obviously from something sharp, like a knife or dagger. I kissed the length of the cut on her back trying to ease the pain from the strain our union had caused.

We barely spoke, but throughout the night I continued to learn more and more about the woman lying beside me. The hollowness and pain that had once darkened her emerald eyes had vanished and been replaced by a peacefulness that shone in the moonlight through the window. I can't explain what was going on between us, but on my part, couldn't imagine being there with anyone else.
 
Last edited:
A short while later I had rolled over to my side and reached out to touch Pan. We had just shared one of the most erotic and passionate nights of my life and thought physically, I was till wiped out, I longed to feel her close to me once again. Without opening my eyes, I moved my arm to her and found nothing but the sheet now covering me.

My eyes flew open and I sat up looking around the room wondering where she had gone. I thought that maybe she just needed some time to think about how our relationship had grown and changed, but I wanted to know for sure. Even though we had really only spent a relatively short time together, there had been so many changes in our relationship, that the risk of losing her frightened me more that the walkers.

I got out of bed and pulled on my jeans, deciding that the shirt would be necessary. I left the room and made my way down the hall when I heard the water running in the shower. The door was closed most of the way, but wasn't latched. A mischievous grin crossed my lips at the thought of joining her, but I saw her on the floor, curled into a ball, and those thoughts vanished.

It looked as though she was sad, as if she regretted what we had done. I wanted to rush in and take her into my arms and try to convince her that is was ok to move on, that I felt the same way, but something held me back.

It had seemed that every time I had tried to put my feelings into words, I fucked it up. Now, I feared that if I interrupted her thoughts, it would only put distance between us. I decided to finish dressing, and get a bite to eat, maybe we would be able to talk about what happened later.
 
Last edited:
Jane looked at the man and gave him a nod. ”Food would be nice.” She spoke simply before glancing around the place taking her surroundings in. Things could always go wrong, especially when you got to comfortable in a place.

Looking back to him she perked a brow. ”How do you know they can’t get in?” She questioned him, it was a simple questions. The zombies were hungry and wanted to eat, needless to say they were the ones on the menu for them. They are what they crave and hunger for. That basic instinct alone can make someone do crazy and seemingly impossible things.
 
I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I took a sip and walked to the door to look out over the courtyard. I wasn't sure what time it was, but I thought that is Mike was still awake, I could talk to him and take my mind off of the situation with Pan and I.

When I looked over to where Mike had his fire going I noticed that he was talking to a stranger. A woman in a leather jacket, with a sword sticking out the back, and assorted knives and weaponry attached to her belt was standing there across for Mike and he had his Pistol in his hand. I didn't know what the situation was, but I thought it better to be safe then sorry. I ducked into the stairwell of the guard tower and made my way up to retrieve my Kimber. I looked over the railing into the courtyard, trying to get a better idea of the situation.

I looked her over taking note of the weapons she was carrying. I couldn't make the make of the guns, but she knives lining her shapely hips and a goddamned sword on her back. I almost chuckled aloud when I saw it. I suppose that the right hands, they are just as deadly as anything, but I had always done my best to never be that close to the danger. Still, I had seen what could be done with one and I gripped my sidearm just a bit tighter as I thought back.

I hadn't been able to hear the beginning of the conversation between Mike and the new girl, but I leaned a bit forward and was able to make out her last question.

”How do you know they can’t get in?” she asked.

At this I couldn't contain my laughter, and burst out with a loud chuckle alerting everyone in three counties that I was there.

"Because sweetheart, we have a twelve foot tall, two foot thick block wall around this place. Unless one of those dead fuckers has sat on a pack of bottle rockets and taken up smoking, I don't see them making it over the top. I suppose they could chew through it, but I am hoping that in the time it takes for that to happen...one of us might notice the noise. Just sayin."

I decided that even if she didn't want to see me right now that Pan should know that there is someone new in the compound. I didn't really have a reason to believe that she was a threat, but one couldn't be too careful. Besides, I thought that being able to talk to Pan, even about something mundane, would be better than nothing.
 
Last edited:
Jackson Redhawk was my given name on the Reservation, I was a lean 5'11'', 165 lbs, long black hair, grey eyed distance runner at Arizona State. Out for holidays visiting my family awhile, when the apocalypse reached the Navajo Reservation. Our tribal elders had visions that revealed my future, strong willed I refused to leave my family to no avail. My own father basically grabbed me by the hair of the head, shoved my ass into his beat up pickup with what I'd need to survive. Driving like a bat out of hell he drove me into the desert, hauled my ass out of the pickup hugged, blessed me and said run don't look back. With tears in my eyes I reluctantly did as I was told and ran, I couldn't keep from looking back from atop a hill as my father sped away I saw my home burn. Traveling cross country I made good time, eat, drink and sleep fitfully waking from bloody nightmares. My pack contained basic supplies along with traditional tribal supplies, and a map indicating safe havens along the route I was to take. Keeping up a steady running pace was not much of a problem for a pure blooded Navajo, but even I could not keep that up with my foraged food and water rations depleted. Topping a low rise I slowed to a slow walk, as to not cramp up with my hands on my hips. My companion I'd picked up a couple weeks ago, strangely as it seems it was a Coyote stopped and just watched me. After I caught my breath surveyed the compound in the valley below, pulling out my Arizona State I.D, Arizona drivers license, map, large deer antler handed knife, and Winchester. Picking my way down the slope to get nearer the compounds gate, upon reaching it I lay my weapons on the ground and I stepped back. Nervously yelled out ''Hello inside the compound!'' knowing they more than likely knew Someone was outside In traditional native american buckskins.
 
Last edited:
I had gone to shower once he had fallen asleep. Thank god for generators. I turned the water up to as hot as it would go without feeling terribly selfish, and I just stood under the flow. I didn't feel as tense as I had, and as the water pummelled my head and shoulders, and my back, I let myself relax. As I ran my hands up over my shoulders, over my face and hair, I remembered how his hands felt on me. I shuddered a little, images of both Joel and Randy running through my mind. I put my hands out, leaning against the tiling of the shower and sinking to my knees, pulling them to my chest and trying to pull myself together.

When I had, I pulled my clothes back on and wandered back to the bedroom. Randy was gone. I stood there a moment. He must have left. Maybe he thought it was a mistake. I started to braid my hair in one long plait, keeping my hands busy. Shit. He was probably right when he said we can't. I felt my stomach flip. Months after months with no human contact at all and now I go and do this. I sighed, coming to terms with the fact that there were a handful of people in the world left and I had just made things really awkward with one.

I wandered down the stairs, looking out at the barely lit sky and wondering how early it was as I picked up one of the books from the mantelpiece and flopped down on a chair.
 
Back
Top