Team PM!

I don't mind unsolicited PMs at all... However, I must point out, that although I intend to reply to almost all PMs... I don't always follow thru... and, I must say, that rarely is it because I choose not to. Usually, it's a case of procrastination... on my part, especially when replying to those particularly thoughtful, heartfelt warm wishes, well thought out ideas expanding on life or reacting to a thread topic. It's those well meaning, sincere messages... interestingly enough, that get delayed and sometimes not ever sent. I can't always get to it right away (time crunch) or maybe, I'm just not in the right headspace to respond appropriately. Other times, I plain old forget I've got replies to make.
So... may I caution y'all not to be too quick to write off your non-repliers. It it's me, I'm probably not giving you the snub. I'm probably just slacking off, dicking around somewhere, not paying attention to the time. Rarely, maybe five or six times in my Lit life, have I snubbed somebody on purpose. It's about volume, really. Volume vs. Time. I've recently replied (finally) to several messages in my inbox that were over 4 weeks old... if I let 'em go unanswered any longer, it's due to my own pride and/or embarrassment.

So, allow me to issue a preemptive, as well as a retroactive, apology for neglecting to reply promptly to any nice PMs sent to my inbox...

I was thinking that the Team PM link +/or the Team PM Shield is more of an indicator that it's okay to PM me w/o an invite... that I'm open to receiving unsolicited PMs.

Perhaps I need a tag line qualifier for my Team PM icon.. something like "... known to reply years later..." I dunno...

I don't mind unsolicited PMs at all... However, I must point out, that although I intend to reply to almost all PMs... I don't always follow thru... and, I must say, that rarely is it because I choose not to. Usually, it's a case of procrastination... on my part, especially when replying to those particularly thoughtful, heartfelt warm wishes, well thought out ideas expanding on life or reacting to a thread topic. It's those well meaning, sincere messages... interestingly enough, that get delayed and sometimes not ever sent. I can't always get to it right away (time crunch) or maybe, I'm just not in the right headspace to respond appropriately. Other times, I plain old forget I've got replies to make.
So... may I caution y'all not to be too quick to write off your non-repliers. It it's me, I'm probably not giving you the snub. I'm probably just slacking off, dicking around somewhere, not paying attention to the time. Rarely, maybe five or six times in my Lit life, have I snubbed somebody on purpose. It's about volume, really. Volume vs. Time. I've recently replied (finally) to several messages in my inbox that were over 4 weeks old... if I let 'em go unanswered any longer, it's due to my own pride and/or embarrassment.

So, allow me to issue a preemptive, as well as a retroactive, apology for neglecting to reply promptly to any nice PMs sent to my inbox...

I was thinking that the Team PM link +/or the Team PM Shield is more of an indicator that it's okay to PM me w/o an invite... that I'm open to receiving unsolicited PMs.

Perhaps I need a tag line qualifier for my Team PM icon.. something like "... known to reply years later..." I dunno...

You think to much.... >.>

I have a link in my signature but it's not a shield. I like to be different. I don't think it makes one look desperate on here. Everyone like some form of company or we wouldn't be here!

Your LINK is fucking amazing!

You are SO right!

Please post the linky details thing if you wish someone else to use your PM badge thing.

If not, no probs either, each to their own ideas/design :kiss:

Very basically its a loose group of people that are open to receiving unsolicited PMs from Litsters. Far too many newcomers, myself included, are scared to send PMs to potential friends in fear of rejection or from fear of breaking some form of taboo rule.

So, not only do we accept PMs but you will get a polite reply. Maybe not the reply you want, if you are asking for sexy chats, but it will be a polite and respectful response rather than being ignored or told to go fuck yourself. :D

As to joining? I think you simply stick the tag on your sig, go post to threads and be polite! :D

*Bows*
Did that answer your question?

Very basically its a loose group of people that are open to receiving unsolicited PMs from Litsters. Far too many newcomers, myself included, are scared to send PMs to potential friends in fear of rejection or from fear of breaking some form of taboo rule.

So, not only do we accept PMs but you will get a polite reply. Maybe not the reply you want, if you are asking for sexy chats, but it will be a polite and respectful response rather than being ignored or told to go fuck yourself. :D

As to joining? I think you simply stick the tag on your sig, go post to threads and be polite! :D

*Bows*
Did that answer your question?

Not mine, but I think that was the perfect answer :)

I got it, thanks , right up to adding the tag to my signature, I goit to figure that one out...

Bumpity Bump :)

I did a quick count and there are 30 people (if I counted right) now on Team PM (with sig links) and maybe more who didn't want a sig link like Vangogh66 :rolleyes: :caning:

:kiss:

I did a quick count and there are 30 people (if I counted right) now on Team PM (with sig links) and maybe more who didn't want a sig link like Vangogh66 :rolleyes: :caning:

We need to increase that 10 fold...maybe a sticky? Or tie this to the random PM thread?

Oh! Your av just winked at me ! ;)

Glad you found it :kiss:

And I am staring
attachment.php
at your AV.
attachment.php

Hey I am supposed to be doing the :caning: to you, not the other way around

Now a fully paid up card-carrying, sig-wielding member! If I have to spend 2 hours a day clearing out my inbox now due to a rush of unsolicited PMs from sexy ladies though, I may have to reconsider, but what are the odds of that right?

Thanks very much to _Lorelei_ and kalamain in particular for keeping this thread moving in my absence, and also to everyone else who has recently contributed to the thread and/or joined Team PM. :)

anybody want to sum up what this thread is about and can I join?
I got it, thanks , right up to adding the tag to my signature, I goit to figure that one out...
Thanks to kalamain for answering both of those questions comprehensively. I agree with _Lorelei_ that you've covered them perfectly! :)

I'm in, thanks for all the hard work on links / logos
Right, got my badge and a direct link for PM's but the inbox still has tumbleweed rattling around in it...

Build it and they will come etc... :D
Now a fully paid up card-carrying, sig-wielding member! If I have to spend 2 hours a day clearing out my inbox now due to a rush of unsolicited PMs from sexy ladies though, I may have to reconsider, but what are the odds of that right?
While my av doesn't wink, we ARE on the same team, and there is so much we could explore in private . . . :kiss::kiss: count me in :cool:
It's great to have all of you on Team PM! :)

maybe its the canadian in me, but if someone takes the chance and sends a pm it only seems right to take the time to respond. i would hope for the same for any one i send, since i dont send many
I'd agree that's a worthy attitude (and one that corresponds with all of my own perceptions of Canadian politeness!) as long as it's practical for the recipient. I hope that you might be considering adding the "Team PM" tagline to your own signature. :)

Kudram123 has two links in his sig (shamelessly copied in mine - thanks, Kudram!): one for PMs, the other a link to this thread. Makes it easy to see what Team PM is all about as well as a quick link for messages!

Back