How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

  • YES

    Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

    Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

    Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

    Votes: 35 11.9%

  • Total voters
    293
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a prophet not a messiah. And many a prophet has died grotesquely. Disciples too. Was it Paul who was crucified upside down?

No that was Peter. James was crucified also and preached for 3 days on there so vehemently that it lead to another man to convert and give his life for the gospel also.
 
couple of weeks ago I met some guy with a black liberation theology bent his belief is that he and other black Americans are of the tribe of Israel and the God took them out of Africa to get away from actual Africans and says that's why there's a minute II between African-Americans and newly-arrived African immigrants. Did they recognize that his people are actually the chosen people.

he says this is the meaning of the first shall be last and the last shall be first he's looking forward to reigning in the future

The real Jews are running Israel now. The blacks are not the Jews, but I believe there is a tribe of black Jews in Ethiopia who decended from King Solomon. That I believe. The other stuff I do not believe.

Re 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
 
No that was Peter. James was crucified also and preached for 3 days on there so vehemently that it lead to another man to convert and give his life for the gospel also.

Paul was beheaded because he was a Roman citizen.

My religious ed teacher would be very proud of me for knowing that! :cattail:
 
Jesus was actually a practicing Jew and preached to jews to not turn away from Judaism. It was only years after his death that he became a "christian" because his followers, in part, didn't want to be slaughtered with the rest of the jews when Jerusalem was destroyed. And they were trying to attract gentiles to the religion because Jesus didn't fulfill his promises, he was executed like all the other messiah's.

Also, the whole thing about the jews crying for his crucifixion is BS. Pilate didn't give a shit about what the jews wanted, he was brutal to them and was actually removed by Rome as governor for being too brutal.


Many claimed to be messiah's, or were called messiah. They all failed to deliver Jews from Roman rule, both before and after Jesus. So yeah, technically they weren't messiah's.

I agree that Jesus was a practicing Jew. He fulfilled the law. He did offer the Kingdom to His people, however, since they rejected Him as their Messiah, it opened the door for the Gospel to go to the Gentiles. There is no other Messiah, but Jesus Christ. The Jews did cry for His crucifixion. Pilot sent Him to Herod and then Herod sent Him back. Pilot didn't want to crucify Him, but he did it because the people demanded it.
 
I agree that Jesus was a practicing Jew. He fulfilled the law. He did offer the Kingdom to His people, however, since they rejected Him as their Messiah, it opened the door for the Gospel to go to the Gentiles. There is no other Messiah, but Jesus Christ. The Jews did cry for His crucifixion. Pilot sent Him to Herod and then Herod sent Him back. Pilot didn't want to crucify Him, but he did it because the people demanded it.

Was it the Jews or the Jewish church leadership who wanted Jesus of Nazareth dead?
 
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and believe it with all of your heart, you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism



Your post was way too long for the message you had to send. Two words....I believe.

People don't like religion shoved in their face. I'm sure, like me, most prefer to keep these things private.

Being a good Christian tho...I do appreciate your efforts. :)
 
Isn't it better to say 'I have faith" instead of "I believe". With complete lack of empirical evidence beyond some historical hints that an itinerant preacher from Nazareth may have once lived and a 1500 year old book of dubious origins, believe is hard.
 
Isn't it better to say 'I have faith" instead of "I believe". With complete lack of empirical evidence beyond some historical hints that an itinerant preacher from Nazareth may have once lived and a 1500 year old book of dubious origins, believe is hard.

Oh oh oh, Hard_Rom, you are probably right...however, I don't have two years to study all this. Ok....

"I have faith" There, my soul is now covered. :)
 
Just to be sure everyone understands, most of the books of the bible were written by unknown authors, usually at times much later than they purport to be (sort of like writing a historical novel with the narrator acting as if she/he were writing at the time of the story).


For instance, the Catholic Church finally admitted that the Book of Daniel was written by an "Inspired Author" around the year 164 BCE, thoiugh it purports to relate mostly first person narrative of Daniel himself (if there ever was a Daniel), as if writing like a diary during the time of Nebuchadnezzar, and the Regency of Balshazzar who is said to be the final king of Babylon, and also writing into the time of the Persian conquest of Babylon by Darius (which is an error that further helps to give away the that the book is phony. See "The Catholic Family Connections Bible, 2010).

As for the New Testament, very few books are attributed to Paul (a little over half of them) by scholarly research (for which people were burned at the stake for even whispering such). More, the Letter to the Romans, though itemized as if the first of Paul's letters in the New Testament is thought to have been one of the last of Paul's letters. But, the Catholic Church had it as first, so all other churches followed suit. Kind of like most all of the Christian churches are children or step-children of the Catholic Church (save in some of the "rituals").

Yes, even the gospels were written by other than Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, thus the many discrepancies between the two. BTW, the Catholic Church has finally admitted to this, though apparently quietly (as usual). Even the book of Acts is a fake, again, seen by the many errors and discrepancies.

Was there really a Jesus? Most likely, yes. Did he say all that he is purported to say? No way. The words were put in his mouth by people who most likely never knew him, and the editors who had final say as to what is in the bible, but now they're stuck with it as the world has changed like they never thought it would.

Happy reading and hunting, if you're really interested in the truth of the lies. Don't believe me, just believe what's in the bible, but not just the little tidbits that are preached. There's a lot more in it than they let on, or even know of.

Peace

w


That's false. There are a few books that are in question about who the author is, but most of them are known and written by the eyewitness or prophet with it's name. The gospels were written by the people who's name they bear, but they weren't necessarily penned by them. They had scribes who worked for them. BTW I don't follow the Catholic Church. The book of Acts is not a fake. The transcripts go all the way back to the beginning of the Church. There was really a Jesus. That's easily provable. No doubt there. Did Jesus say all that He purported to say? Absolutely. The eyewitnesses attest to this in their writings. On one hand you say that the Bible is fake and on the other hand you say believe the Bible? I scratch my head on that one.
 
What is your view on evolution and the dinosaurs?

Evolution is false. Dinosaurs lived with men and it's very provable. Evolutionists say that Dinosaurs died out 65 million years before men walked the earth. They need that to be true for their false believe to hold, but it's not. I can talk about this more later when I get more time.
 
The Bible is not fake. It is hearsay. Unless they uncover a Gospel of Mary then there is no eye witness accounts of Jesus death and resurrection. And many of the details of Jesus' life and ministry bear striking resemblance to other popular myths of that time and region.
 
Your post was way too long for the message you had to send. Two words....I believe.

People don't like religion shoved in their face. I'm sure, like me, most prefer to keep these things private.

Being a good Christian tho...I do appreciate your efforts. :)

Then why aren't your afraid your view now if it should be private?
 
The Bible is not fake. It is hearsay. Unless they uncover a Gospel of Mary then there is no eye witness accounts of Jesus death and resurrection. And many of the details of Jesus' life and ministry bear striking resemblance to other popular myths of that time and region.

It's not hearsay, it's eyewitness. The gospel writers saw Him killed and saw Him alive 3 days later. They didn't witness Him actually rising, but I think to see Him alive after being killed is good reason to believe that He has risen from the dead don't you? As far as bearing striking resemblance to other myths, what are you referring to?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top