Who do you picture?

LikeWater1919

Experienced
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Posts
32
I haven't seen any threads like this but I always wondered how people view the characters in stories. In this thread how about we post pictures of what we see characters looking like in stories we have read, the people can be celebrities or just random people from google image search.
 
I haven't seen any threads like this but I always wondered how people view the characters in stories. In this thread how about we post pictures of what we see characters looking like in stories we have read, the people can be celebrities or just random people from google image search.

Be sure to follow forum guidelines regarding copyrighted images.
 
My wife every time I'll include her friends if there are more than two women involved
 
I see Ashleigh from my storyline "A Slut's Triangle" as myself and no one else. đź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant.
 
Last edited:
I suppose that when I read a story I picture stereotypes of people.
 
Last edited:
A mixture of people I know and celebrities; usually, I mash them up a bit.
 
I have pictured people that I know, rarely a celeb. One of my favorite to picture is a girl I had a serious crush on in high school all those years ago. I saw her not to long ago, in her 30s she is as hot as ever.

I have pictured different exes, and have just created a face in my head.
 
My characters so far are a mixture of people I know and a similar celebrity kinda mixed together. :)
 
I visualize people I have actually met and known, usually friends, sometimes acquaintances. I've run into a few entertainment and political celebs and they can show up in my tales, maybe disguised or at least not directly identified, or maybe out in plain view.

I usually write of folks familiar to me. Sometimes I merge a few into a composite but with a single face. Sometimes I split someone into a few personalities and see how their looks vary. But there's a face, a fleshy person, a reality I've encountered, a solid visage floating before my mind's eye. I know them from personal presence, not video screens.
 
I mostly construct them from my imagination as they fit my story. Characters aren't usually what initiates a story for me.
 
For me when I write, equally important is to get the person's tone and pitch of voice, accent and manner of speech. That too comes from people I know, or celebrities.

I usually name the characters after the real-life people they're modelled on, and search and replace when the story is ready for the public.
 
I'm shit at coming up with names. I don't try to describe my characters too much either. But I love describing their reactions and mannerisms.
That way, I don't really picture anyone- I just have a framework of how they should be, and then keep on adding to it. Sometimes I may start off basing my character on a certain facet of someone I know, but as the story goes on, the character becomes someone completely new- their own self.
 
Attitude!

When I read, as when I write, I see attitude.
A few months ago, I got the idea to look for a picture that express the attitude I want my character to have. I use it as a reference. That way, I have less of a build-up to do on paper (in Word, actually). One look at the pic and I have her personality back in my mind and I know just how she'll react to a situation.
Every so often, I'll tell her she's been a bad girl (or a good one).
Other times, she's the one telling me I'm full of it.
After a long day at the keyboard, I tell my characters good night.
They never answer. Sigh!
 
Back
Top