Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...liminate-cats-to-save-birds#comment-777397174



New Zealand Environmentalist Wants To Exterminate Cats
by Lizzy Duffy
January 24, 2013


Gareth Morgan hasn't said he's a dog person, but he's definitely not a cat person. Morgan, a top New Zealand economist and environmentalist, is campaigning for a cat-free country...

In order to eliminate cats on the island, Morgan has four steps, which he outlined to The Atlantic in an email interview:
1. "All cats to be registered chipped and neutered — raising the barriers to cat ownership to those similarly already faced by dog owners. Chipping instead of collars is because cats more easily slip collars. [Ed: Chipping, or micro-chipping, means inserting an implant under the skin for identification.]
2. "Citizens to be encouraged to cage-trap cats wandering on their properties and turn them in to the local authority.
3. "Cats surrendered to the local authority Pound, to be euthanized if unregistered, to return to registered owner who is fined.
4. "Councils to offer free disposal of cats. Vets are prohibitively expensive."​


***more***


http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...liminate-cats-to-save-birds#comment-777397174
 
Trysail, I think you are really saying you want to be Catwoman? Killer heels! literally. Tempted?

:cattail:
 
Migosh, we collected a fan in the Six Words Story thread! :D

FrostyZen, won't you join in fun?

You can be Batman. Or Robin. Or Catgirl. (Nice heels!) Or a Ninja turtle, if you insist on the Zen Buddhism.

As for you, Steve, after that crack about the crack team I should keep tight hold of that chandelier! and make sure your aspidistras are flying.

ROFLOL!

I posted several of my Six Word Stories on their website maybe two, three years ago. Later they sent me an e-mail asking permission to use one for the next book.
 
I just discovered one of my sweet plot bunnies are pregnant. :devil:

She'll give birth to a spanking new one any moment now. :D

"SIGH"...
 
Oh la la la, :nana:, la la la :nana:, la nana, la nana.

chilidance.gif
ballet.gif
hot-dog.gif



frog_dancing_disco.gif


dancing_giraffees-1.gif




And don't forget to practice safe dancing.

dancingcondom.gif
 
See, Handley, Steve is begging you to be Digby ;). How can you resist? Anyone for The Mekon?

ROFLOL!

I actually meant I was more suited to playing Digby. I'm sure HP possesses the requisite iron jaw and spiralling eyebrows to be Dan...

Oh, and Lynn - you have no idea what you've done... :rolleyes:
 
BTW, what is schwarma? We can have that too!

C'mon Handley, you can be Dan Dare. ;)

Well, I'm not sure my jaw is the right shape, but I'm old enough to favour Prof Joscellin Peabody (who's body, if I recall aright) was anything but.

Sadly, I cannot find any of the Dan Dare radio plays on you tube.

< evil chuckle from the Mekon >
 
I've just been sorting out some family papers and have found my original birth certificate. I have been using a modern copy for years.

My father lied on it. When I was born he gave his occupation as something he hadn't been for some years.

Perhaps he thought his actual occupation was covered by the Official Secrets Act?

It also confirms a family story. My parents had argued about what I would be called. They had agreed on potential girls' names but they couldn't agree on boys' names. I was born close to midnight. Once I had arrived, my father finally got my mother to accept compromise names that neither of them objected to.

He registered my birth the next morning, within minutes of the Registry Office opening, to prevent my mother having second thoughts.

But, except for official documents, I haven't used my birth name since 1957...
 

I'm jealous; that's a nice portable writing desk I see along with proper tools of the scrivener.


It is nice, isn't it. I write all my stories on it in longhand, using that Waterman fountain pen. If you get a big enough copy of the picture, you can see that the one on there is A Werewolf in Office Clothing.

The choccies were from my fella. It only took 10 years training for him to understand that conferences are not for reading your latest paper on gun control (ROFL) but for picking up nice items in duty free on the way back for someone who laundered the shirt you wore while reading your latest paper.

You're the first person to comment on it! so I guess you win a prize. You can be Catwoman!

:kiss:
 
chilidance.gif
ballet.gif
hot-dog.gif



frog_dancing_disco.gif


dancing_giraffees-1.gif




And don't forget to practice safe dancing.

dancingcondom.gif

Fantastico! I love it!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Are you going to come along and lend your prize-winning skills to the story? We obviously need you, if you have a look you'll see that Hulk has got into serious trouble with a very dodgy scarlet woman ;).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top