The Velocity rebound [Closed for Ambrosia_64]

The clapping made her jump. Jenna’s eyes flicked to Sleuth, narrowing a fraction behind her cracked goggles-not that they could see it. So. Villain after all…her fingers tightened on her hurt shoulder, the pain of it making her dizzy and a little sick. Was it dislocated? She wasn’t sure.

She was also tasting blood from where her teeth had cut the inside of her lip. Her cheekbone ached and she was certain she’d have a black eye in a few hours. The places she’d been kicked felt like a truck had hit her.

“The wrapper’s the same, but the candy isn’t quite as good, is it?” Rush practically purred in response to Sleuth’s disappointment. When he lobbed the ‘14’ jab, Jenna visibly flinched-and then darted to the left to avoid the knife, her lips tightening into a displeased frown. He knew damned well she wasn't 14! He'd been plenty aware of her being a grown god damned woman minutes before! She might not be as...endowed as this brothel advert in purple, but she wasn't lacking in the feminine, dammit. And she had been kissing on this guy? Fuck she was stupid.

“Next time you go to take a nap in a carnivorous plant, Gadget, I’ll let you.” She said angrily, even if she knew she was full of it. Heroes didn’t leave people to die. But it felt good to say, to throw in his face. She wasn’t sure why she felt so...hurt, betrayed, but she did. And angry. Anger that helped her ignore the throbbing pain in her shoulder.

Rush tried to use her distraction to her advantage-but Jenna blurred around and reappeared where the whip had been, holding it in one hand. She couldn’t see how she would use it to tie either of them up though, moving her other arm hurt like hell.

Standing still, panting a little, still blurring in and out of normal speed and super speed, small flitting changes in her position even as she remained in place-Jenna’s eyes moved from one to the other as Rush grinned at her imprudently, but Sleuth’s smug expression had flickered away now that Rush couldn’t see him.

There were two of them to deal with...weren’t there? What did she do? She couldn’t run away. Had to make a stand, had to win. He had thrown a knife, but he had to of known that wouldn’t work.

“The way she’s blurring in and out like that-she’s new.” Rush said to Sleuth as if she wasn’t there, sounding oddly, creepily excited. “Doesn’t have as much control.”

“Control enough to kick your asses.” Jenna fired back, though it was with confidence she didn’t really have. But if Sleuth had been working with Rush, why had he been hiding? And would he really remain friends with a woman after seeing her creepy little shrine to Laura’s murder?

Or did she just not WANT him to be bad? He could have been lying about the nature of his and her predecessor's relationship. Trying to build rapport with her. Maybe she was an idiot for taking him at face value, believing him. She had comforted him, for God’s sake. Jenna’s legs trembled. Rush was right-she wasn’t in full control, couldn’t stand still. If Sleuth was really in league with the purple speedster…

Jenna thought about his slip bombs, the way he had evaded the police. Who knew what else he had in his arsenal. And with only one good arm...

“I have other messes to clean up.” The words were bitter in her mouth. Coward. Failure. Beguiled and then betrayed by the enemy. She thought. She didn’t want to think bad of him, but...but at the end of the day, she didn’t know this guy.

But she couldn’t stay and get herself killed. Not for no reason. She could retreat and research, then come back and beat Rush for real. Hopefully. Hopefully before she could hurt anyone. Dying now wouldn’t do anyone any good. “And there are only so many hours in the night. You both were lucky-but luck eventually runs out.”

That sounded almost cool. Or maybe lame.

Jenna was in too much pain to care. She stayed only a minute longer, a hesitant glance between the two-and then was gone, the back door blowing open and banging against the side of the building.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For a moment, it looked like Rush would follow. Her body tensed and she laughed-but she stopped, reconsidering. If she waited, she might think of a more creative way to do things. The girl seemed to have a nice body, might have a pretty face beneath that mask, those goggles. She was curious to see who she was, how she had acquired access to the Speed Force, if she had known Laura.

And then there was Sleuth.

“Is that little upstart giving you trouble, Sleuth?” She inquired in that same purr-and then in a blur she was in front of him, her thigh between his legs and her hands around either wrist and against the wall, though she wasn’t quite strong enough to truly pin him there-but it wasn't for lack of trying. “You were hiding from me.” She said in a low, husky tone. “Were you hoping I’d solve your problems for you, free of charge?”
 
Last edited:
The brat disappeared out the door and it was all Sleuth could do not to breathe a sigh of relief. He needed to stay focused and ensure Mistress Rush didn't suspect him. Which of course he had to assume she did.

A moment later she had him against the wall. Mistress Rush' thigh pushed up against his groin. Sleuth shook his head back and forth making a "tsk, tsk, tsk" noise, and trying to hide the pleasure he felt. "This is just like you, you disappear for several years, you don't write, you don't call and expect to pick things up where we left off."

“Were you hoping I’d solve your problems for you, free of charge?”

Sleuth looked towards the door. "That? That is not a problem. Not for me anyway. She is a child playing at being a hero. She only struck you because you let her." He leaned forward until his lips almost brushed against hers. "We are adults. We understand how the world works. I was hoping to see what you were up to. I came to find out what you are planning for my city and whether it would be worth my while to help you out."

Sleuth used his superior strength to seize Mistress Rushes wrists. He pivoted and spun so their positions were reversed and it was her back to the wall. He pressed his chest against hers, pinning her tighter. "How tragic that you're still fighting the same old tired fights."
 
Last edited:
“We all thought you might’ve gone straight, Sleuth, disappearing like that.” She purred before her eyes narrowed a fraction. “And you know how much I hate to be bored.” Rush didn’t apologize for her absence, nor did she comment on his attempt to remain aloof.

She snorted when he mentioned the novice heroine’s success at landing a few blows-and was delighted to find he wasn’t in league with this new Velocity, after all. Good. He’d gotten boring, before. Not as boring as Laura, but boring.

She almost nipped at his lower lip-but she let him finish speaking-and then he twisted his hands to switch to holding HER wrists, pivoting to pin her against the wall instead. She smiled, seeming amused, a little predatory. “Isn’t it always worth your while to help me out, Sleuth?” She arched her back to press herself further into him, licking her lips. There was a knowing glitter in her green eyes that spoke of trouble.

“I came to play with the new girl...and I came to see you. Whether I share the spoils or not...well…”

She twisted at her wrists, her eyes narrowing. “Don’t you want me to touch you?” Her voice lowered an octave as she curled one of her long legs around him, driving her hips into his as best she could with him pinning her against the wall. “Didn’t you miss me while I was away?”

Mistress Rush had one of those voices that, when employed a certain way-sent thrills down a man’s spine. It didn’t hurt her assets were on full display either, in that purple, thin costume of hers, split down the middle like it was. “I know you couldn’t have forgotten me. No one does.”
 
When she arched her back into his chest he unashamedly looked down at her bountiful chest. It was impossible not to enjoy the view of the generous cleavage being exposed.

“I came to play with the new girl...and I came to see you. Whether I share the spoils or not...well…”

He rolled his eyes before returning his penetrating stare to her eyes. Her breasts seemingly if not actually forgotten. They were very difficult top ignore, even if they weren't being looked at.

"Pass. That girl is not Velocity. She'll be dead within the week. Plus she has nothing I want. There's on profit there."

She struggled against his grip. He was stronger than her, but Were she to start vibrating he'd lose her in less than a second.

“Don’t you want me to touch you? I know you couldn’t have forgotten me. No one does.”

Sleuth's eyes narrowed. He released her wrists and took a step backwards eyeing her suspiciously. "So, this is a booty call? After five years of hearing nothing from you, you want me to believe your back in town to fuck me?" Sleuth laughed a rich mocking laugh. He waggled his gloved finger at her. "No, no, no. You want something else. Sex has always been your weapon, and you do.." he made a point of looking at her body, " wield that weapon with a certain precision, but it is always a means to an end. What do you want from me, Rush?" He placed his hands in the pocket of his trench, and glared at her. "I think you're here because of the work being down at the University. The work on the speed force..."
 
Last edited:
Rush pouted when he stepped back-then snapped her teeth at his waggling finger and grinned, walking around him. “More fun for me.” The villainess said with a shrug. “As nice as a new plaything would be-you’re right. She’s probably not going to last long, and she’s not really why I’m here.” She placed her fingers against the skin between her breasts and ran it downwards, her green eyes flicking between his pocketed hands, then back up towards his face.

Then she trailed her fingers back up-but he really didn’t seem interested. She could probably make him interested, but maybe, this once-business ought to come before pleasure.

Rush sighed, propping her hands on her ample hips. “Fine. I didn’t want to play with you anyway.” She said with a sniff, that slow, hip rolling walk back towards the stairs. “The research at the University is exactly what I’m here for. Maybe we can work together...or maybe not.”

She glanced over her shoulder, a mischievous smile. “You probably got rusty in the past few years. Old.” And then she darted up the stairs for the bedroom.
 
He could have her, if he wanted. The bulge in his pants betrayed his physical need for such satisfaction. Rush was as insane in the bedroom as she was in everything else she did. He wanted to hold those giants breasts of hers again, to kiss and suckle on her large nipples, to ram his manhood into her mouth? and slap her arse as he rode her from behind. All he needed to do was climb those stairs.

Mistress Rush was a predator, and in a strange way so was he. There was no joy if there was no chase. Like the McDonald's of sex as opposed to aBBQ slow cooked ribs, marinated and smoked over nine hours yourself. He shook his head. There were three women in his life and he was comparing one of them to fast food.

Yes, he could go upstairs or he could go home and spank the monkey like a muthafucker.

He turned and walked out the door wondering which of the three girls he would fantasise about.

He made it all the way to his motorbike when the phone rang. He smiled when he saw who it was, "Hey gorgeous, I was just-" but he stopped when he realised Jenna was in tears.
 
“Oh Anthony-I’m so sorry to b-bother you so l-late.” She wasn’t blubbering, but she was clearly very, very upset, her voice thick with tears. “Things went wrong today-” She took in a stuttering, halting breath. “I just, I just thought maybe I was getting better at things, was starting to earn my place in this volunteer job-but I’m screwing up and now not only is that asshat causing trouble again, he’s got like minded friends.”

Upset, faster talk, a little nonsensical.

She had to be smarter and better than this. Letting herself end up in such a position with what was apparently the enemy-and now, with TWO bad guys in the immediate vicinity-one of which was just as fast as she was, had been at deadly odds with her predecessor...

”You can't beat her, and you certainly won't be able to beat both of us.”

Oh God, what if he was RIGHT? What was she going to do? She couldn’t let them run rampant. Mistress Rush could be planning God only knew what, and with Sleuth's added knowledge and gadgets-oh no. “I’ve got to outmaneuver them so I can keep helping people. I just don’t know what I’m going to do.” And she didn’t. She had to come up with a plan, a plan to win-because without one, she’d be facing them just to die.

She couldn’t hide and let them do whatever they wanted, would have to take a stand, plan or no plan. And they might kill her for it. Rush certainly would. Rush might have even killed Laura, given what she had seen in her room. She didn’t want to die. She was afraid to die. She had so much to do, an entire life to live-she was working so hard for her future at school, and her parents would be devastated. But she was supposed to be a hero, and heroes didn’t cower from the possibility of it all...ending. They were supposed to give their all for the people, the little guy. She had a responsibility.

“I-I’m sorry, y-you were just so nice before. I wish I could keep working hard and have that hard work be enough, because right now I just feel so stupid.”
 
"I-I’m sorry, y-you were just so nice before. I wish I could keep working hard and have that hard work be enough, because right now I just feel so stupid.”

"Hey, no. You are not stupid, and you can call me anytime, I'm a night owl."

Sleuth paced back and forth listening to her sobbing voice for the next few ministers. She was obviously distraught, but kept talking around whatever it was she was distraught about. The longer they talked the more upset she became.

Finally he reached a decision. "I'm coming to you. I've had a shitty night too and I need a Jenna hug."

He managed to get directions to her dorm and leaped onto his bike. He had a safe house on the way. He rode through the streets mindful of being followed by Mistress Rush. The proximity alarms around her base never went off, and once he left the area behind him he breathed a sigh of relief. He change into casual clothes at the safe house and ditched the trench and Kevlar.
10 minutes later he drove onto the campus and parked outside the Academic dorms.

Anthony found Jenna crouched on the front steps, her eyes puffy and red. He took her into his arms and held her in his warmth for several minutes. "Let's get you inside where no one can see."

He followed her through the hallways of the dorm.
 
Calling Anthony had been a good idea, even if she felt a little embarrassed to have been crying. She hugged him tightly and nodded against his chest when he spoke, the vibration from his words in his chest. She had changed back into her street clothes in Velocity’s base-but hadn’t left the costume there, not now that she knew Sleuth was a problem. Jenna was wearing jeans and a dark mauve long sleeved shirt that complimented her skin tone, purple tennis shoes.

“Th-thanks for coming. You d-didn’t have to.” She held his hand as she led the way inside and down the hall, unlocking her door.

“I’m s-sorry you had a bad night too, Anthony.” She wiped at her eyes and sat down on the edge of her bed, her hand in his having led him to sit with her. She felt a little bad the space was small. But hey, college life.

The room was hardly bigger than a walk in closet. She had managed to fit a dresser in across from her bed, and not much else. He’d see a small mini fridge and a neat stack of books on the wooden surface of the dresser, a tennis racket. And that was it. A neatly made bed that was surprisingly comfortable and with more than a few blankets and pillows, a bulletin board above the bed full of neat, militaristic scheduled classes and notes, assignments-and a section for a few photos of friends and family, some of which had Jenna in them, most of which did not. His business card was pinned to one corner.

She apparently laid out the next day’s clothes nightly-there was a teal sweater and a black skirt with light pink cat silhouettes folded up on top of the mini fridge, matching teal socks. He’d see several, SEVERAL pairs of shoes tucked neatly beneath her bed next to a tupperware container of summer clothes.

Maybe it was the brightly colored pillows and blankets, but the space didn’t feel terribly cramped, just cozy.

She hugged him again. “Your ‘Jenna hug’.” She mumbled against his chest, tightening it a little, which didn’t do much, given their size differences. But even as upset as she was, it was a nice hug from the usually upbeat, energetic woman.

When he asked her what had happened, she told him the truth, for the most part.

“I thought I had made some headway and earned a little respect from him, no matter how begrudging. I almost looked up to him, for a minute. Thought he was jaded, but still a good person. And I thought we had an understanding, or at least-not an openly antagonistic working relationship.”

“He made fun of me. I know it’s silly and I’m an adult-but it hurt a little, if...if I’m being honest.” She was also bothered that it had come on the heels of her just...losing her head for a minute, doing what her body wanted instead of what SHE wanted. Sleuth was probably laughing about it right now, with Rush. She was so dumb. So very, very dumb for thinking he was one of the good guys, just because he had been friends...lovers? With Laura. Maybe he had made that all up.

“I’m trying my hardest, but now instead of him thinking I’m not good enough for the job, turns out he thinks I’m an idiot for DOING the job at all. Him and his buddies are going to be problems, Anthony. I don’t know how I’m going to oust them from...from the volunteer work. If I even can.”
 
He listened intently at what she was saying, but also what she wasn't saying. It was difficult to make sense of all of it, because it clearly wasn't the whole truth. She wanted this ass hats approval just a little too much. Anthony couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy, which was irrational and unfair considering his previous activities of the night.

She looked so upset, and exhausted. The result of trying too hard and taking on too much no doubt. She and the brat were a lot alike, both pushing themselves too hard, as if they were trying to prove to the world that they were worthy, or deserving of their positions. Better by far to understand your own limitations, do your own thing and tell the world to fuck off.*

"I don't understand why you are alone on this? Isn't there someone who can support you?" From her expression he sees that she doesn't think so. "That doesn't make sense. No one can be successful in isolation. Look, maybe it is a bad example but did you know that Ackerman industries supplied the hero Velocity with her suit?" Anthony smiles at the look of shock on Jenna's face. "Velocity, the original hero not the one currently running about, used to work with all sorts of different groups. She had contacts with the police, fire department - more often than not they told her where to go. Even superheroes have help.
If you can coordinate and align with something that is bigger than you, then you get the support of that body. Your charity must be funded by different organizations. Talk to the people in charge, let them know how their money is being used. It will either help you see where ass hat is coming from, or if the authorities don't like what he and his buddies are doing, put a stop to it"

He smiled and gave her a kiss on top of her head. He shuffled into the corner of the bed, so his back was to the wall. He held his arms wide and allowed her to cuddle him. She rested her head on his shoulder, while he rested his chin on her head.

They kept talking for awhile, but were both tired. Anthony could still feel something of a hormone hang over from the previous two women he’d spent the night with. He shifted slightly so she would detect, or encourage (unintentionally) any unwelcome bulges. He wanted this girl, but it wasn’t the time.

Anthony held her smaller body in his arms, gently rocking her back and forth and making soothing shushing noises. His fingers stroked through her silky hair, patting and soothing her with their caresses.*

He kissed her gently on the crown of her head, and then again on her forehead, down to each eye, before planting a brief chaste kiss on her lips. Then he returned her head on his shoulder and kept rocking her. He felt warm, and loved, and also guilty at everything that had happened tonight. The closet and then his flirtatious banter with Mistress Rush. This poor girl deserved better than him.

"I'm glad you called," he whispered into her ear. He went back to patting her hair, his eyes moving across the room. "Things will seem better in the morning."

Anthony's eyes were getting heavy. He laid Jenna down on the bed and slid off and onto the floor. He wouldn’t want to share the bed with her. Not after everything that had already happened. She felt too good, and fuck knows what he might do to her while half asleep. He rested his head on the side of the bed so he could stare at her beautiful face and brown eyes. His fingers continued to play through Jenna's hair, and he made soothing noises as if he were trying to get a child to sleep.*

His lips found her forehead again and then He leaned back against the wall. Truth be told he couldn't have told you who fell asleep first.*
 
Last edited:
Networking. That made sense. She already had a bit of rapport with the police, especially after that arms deal she'd accidentally busted up, and Ivy's flower things in the street she had helped topple. Ackerman Industries had made Velocity's suit? It was ironic that they were sitting just above its hiding place beneath her bed.

He was being so nice, so understanding. This was who she wanted to be with. This was who deserved appreciation, didn't have ulterior motives that she couldn't figure out. He cared, and if she were honest with herself-she was already half in love with him. She wanted to be cautious and reserved, but it was true, and she couldn't outthink her feelings.

She hadn't committed to anything with Anthony, but it didn't matter. She felt bad for what had happened in the closet, the way she had reacted to being kissed, to being pinned. Ashamed of it. Sleuth was a stranger and a villain. What had she been thinking?

She hadn't. She wished that made her feel better. That she could feel absolved from blame because HE had pulled her in there, and HE had been the one to kiss her. Like it wasn't her fault somehow-but no, Jenna didn't like to rationalize poor behavior on her part.

Jenna wished she could tell him the rest. How slutty she had felt, how she had thought of him and felt like the worst sort of woman. How afraid of Rush she was. Of both of them, really. They had experience and know how and all Velocity was was fast.

Had Anthony known Velocity? Did he think the 'one running around now' was an idiot out of her element, too? She hoped not. His opinion of her mattered, even his opinion of...her other her.

His advice was solid. And she believed him-things probably would feel better tomorrow.

"If I hadn't been in the wrong class with that creep professor, I never would have met you, Anthony." She said quietly, a little numb from crying. His heart was steady and he was so warm, his soothing caresses lulling her into a calmer state. She was exhausted. Her shoulder was still sore but not like earlier, and the nasty black eye she had gotten earlier had long ago disappeared-but the mental after effects of her fear and the ferocity of Rush's attacks left her feeling battered all the same.

"I'm so glad I had the chance to...you're just...perfect." And she was out, long dark lashes against her tear tracked cheekbones.

But that daily five am alarm went off and Jenna groaned, half wanting to hit snooze as the alarm filled the room with it's incessant beeping.

"S'new day..." Jenna mumbled, fumbling for her phone and turning the alarm off. She moved to stretch her arms and back, then turned to one side of the bed-and found Anthony blearily blinking around. She suddenly remembered him being there, comforting her when she had been so very, very upset.

"H-hey there." Jenna blinked and then she sat up, her ponytail mushed and somehow cuter when it was messy, her shirt rumpled and undone one button too many-not scandelously so, but a tantalizing glimpse of cleavage to one as tall as Anthony.

"Did...did you sleep on the floor? I'm sorry Anthony, you could have slept with-" Her face colored. "I mean, in the bed. I know it's small but-ha, hey, so am I." She slipped to the floor where he was, a kiss and then a hug. "You probably have to work, but maybe I can grab you a quick coffee, maybe a bagel? There's a portable cafe thing next door."
 
Last edited:
Anthony awoke to a sore neck, and a beaming beauty with bed hair. She slipped off the bed and into his lap, and their lips met in a more familiar kiss.

Jenna looked much happier, and he was glad that either a good night sleep or his presence had cheered her up. He brushed a loose hair from her forehead away and kissed her again.

He chuckled when she fumbled over apologising for not sharing a bed.
"Don't mistaken this for thinking I don't want to sleep with you- one day. Last night didn't feel like that day." He grinned cheekily at her, "today, though..."

"You probably have to work, but maybe I can grab you a quick coffee, maybe a bagel? There's a portable cafe thing next door."

"I don't drink coffee," Anthony reminded her. He looked at his watch and frowned. They sell bagels at 5am in the morning? Anthony didn't have a lot of confidence in the quality of the bagel.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and went back to staring at the beauty before him. "You're pretty hot in the morning." She smiled again at him and he was suddenly struck by the emotion in her eyes, the way she was staring at him. She was falling for him.

Anthony felt a familiar chill, like being boxed in or trapped within a room where all the doors are closing, and he would have to choose which door to go through, and once through there would be no return to this place.

No more outrageous flirting with psycho speedsters. That is what he wanted wasn't it? Something real, normal, and uncomplicated.

Why then couldn't he forget the fire and passion that the brat had invoked in him, and the sheer physical passion and abandonment, the uncontrollable lust they'd felt for each other. That was rare, uncommon, exotic, but although maybe that wasn't real it was impossible to ignore how she'd made him feel.

He hadn't been lying. He wanted Jenna, but she would want him exclusively, or he'd be hurting her. He needed to be sure.

"If you don't mind, I might go home and have a shower and shave. If you were free tonight..."

He listened to her answer and nodded.

She walked him hand in hand to his bike, and they spent several minutes standing next to it, kissing. He put some head phones on and drove off, listening to this ...

https://youtu.be/46cSksKVzzs
 
Jenna’s eyes widened a fraction, a blush of color-before she laughed. Surprised, flattered, a little embarrassed-all at once. He was incorrigible! He could get away with it though, a smile like that...

She had forgotten about the coffee. A lot of people drank sugar milk frappes and things now though, apparently not for him. “Oddly, me either-hot chocolate.” Jenna admitted with a shrug and an amused smile.

“As are you, Anthony. Well, the morning, and all of the time.” It was a little bolder flirting than she had really done before, but that made it a little more thrilling, exciting. Maybe more so because there was no mask to hide behind, right now.

He was probably aware of just how attractive he was, but she wanted him to know she thought so, too. She wanted...him. She wanted him, and maybe she should have him. Was she free tonight?

Jenna’s heart increased its pace, a little thrill of excitement. But it was tempered by the reminder that Rush was in town, no doubt planning something nefarious. “I’d love to, I really would-but I’ll have to play it by ear. Hopefully, yes.”

She walked him to his bike in the deserted early morning, and he left her a little breathless and dazed, waving until he turned out of sight. Jenna’s hand dropped, a content sigh. Yeah, she hoped she was free tonight.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Turns out she wasn’t free that night. A mentally unbalanced man took his former boss and coworkers hostage after being fired, and negotiations had been going poorly. Velocity was seen on the news zipping up to the police-much to their surprise-and then heading into the building alone after a brief conference. There was gunfire-and then silence. After several minutes, the gunman walked out with his hands up, unarmed and hanging his head. He was taken into custody in short order, but slated to receive help for untreated mental illness rather than having the book thrown at him.

Seems she had talked him down.

A few nights of the usual small stuff, but...she was looking for Rush. Tense, waiting to see what the villainess speedster would do, what she was here for. She’d gone back to her base but it was partially packed up and emptied-the woman had moved elsewhere, it seemed. Creepily, she had taken the photos and clippings about Laura’s murder with her.

And then, finally, she struck-or tried to.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Another easy hit, this one on a cross street she had hit before. She had vibrated into the vault after a careful study and review of the bank’s blueprints, setting off the alarms as soon as she slowed within the pristine confines of the vault. She didn’t need the money, or the jewelry in the safe deposit boxes. She was just killing time....doing what amused her, for now.

Mistress Rush zipped from box to box, filling a velvet sack with valuables and baubles she liked the look of, stacks of cash thrown in for good measure. She was done well before they had even reached the door on the other side. She crossed her arms beneath her ample chest and leaned against the metal table full of cash, striking an attractive pose.

The vault opened and men with drawn guns entered-eyes widening on the supine woman waiting for them. “Boys.” She acknowledged with a nod-and then with a laugh she bolted past them, knocking them askew-and removing a few belts as she went, dropping pants on a few of them just for fun.

By the time she realized she was being pursued, she had zipped across half the city already. She felt the pull, a little bit of a drain as the Speed Force was tapped into by someone else, someone close by. And the girl was gaining on her.

Gaining. On. Her.

Mistress Rush was a mixture of impressed and outraged. Like hell she was! She’d lead her to the harbor and drown the little bitch if she didn’t get lost!

Rush sped up what little she still could, heading straight for a tall brownstone-racing vertically up the side. Velocity Junior was new. She might not have the confidence to follow. A glance behind her proved she was right. Ha!

She was up and over and racing down, feet on the ground-when she was forced to skid to a stop as the girl materialized in front of her. Holy-!

//////////////////////////////////

The fight was big news, but it was short. Velocity had managed to crank open a fire hydrant, and Rush was hit with the force of it before she could sink her claws into the heroine. There was footage of the purple speedster being briefly pinned to a brick wall by the force of the water, looking half drowned once it was over. She abandoned her stolen goods and fled. The bank suffered no losses, thanks to Velocity.

For the moment, she had briefly triumphed over her opponent. But Jenna wouldn’t rest on her laurels.
 
Last edited:
Sleuth had been staking out the gym, and Velocity’s base. After everything that went down he wanted to clear the air. Discover what she might be thinking after the kiss and following fight. Did she get that he’d done it to save her? He would never find out, because she was definitely avoiding him.

She’d even started partnering with the police, which was curious. Why now and not before? It certainly made his life more difficult. The cops had doubled down on their efforts to find him, and the brat had even gotten the better of Mistress Rush.
Sleuth fell brooded from a hidden room near the gym. He visited Velcotity’s base, and although he could easily crack the new lock, the message behind the lock was clear enough. Go away. Not interested.

Jenna had no time or him either. They talked on the phone, but she’d found her feet with the her charity, which was taking up all her time. Several days came and went, and still he was no further along. He had plenty of time to think, though. Much more than he would pefer to spend by himself. Two days before Jenna’s birthday he stopped going out all together. He wasn’t needed or wanted.

////////////////////////
Meanwhile elsewhere...

Skye Davis adjusted a lock of blonde hair from her glasses and leaned forward until her glossy, pouty lips were inches from the microphone.
“Number five, when you are ready please.”

The Android moved in a series slow, clunky steps across the testing area floor. These damn things were so slow. Skye just wanted to get out of here and go to the party. All day, she’d been feeling…odd.

It was difficult keeping track of all her courses, especially when she was double majoring in business studies and advanced sciences. Two topics that had very little to do with each other. Skye was much more drawn towards the sciences, the business studies were dry and lecturers just plain weird. Take her sex in advertising lecture today, what the hell was that about? Still what she was feeling went beyond the usually stresses of University life.

The truth was she was just hoping to get … Brad was going to the party tonight, and after a few drinks to loosen up she fully intended to have her way with him. She’d been daydreaming about it all day, ever since the advertising lecture.
Number five was in position.

“Thank you number five, if you could step onto the belt. Ok, commencing test F-192 on my mark…”

“Accessing speed force, “ A voice from the computer announced. The android began to run in a slow lumbering movement, but then there was a shudder and a blur and it became a silver shape shuddering at an impossible speed. “Speed 100m/ph.. 200 mph… 3000 mph, breaking sound barrier.” Even through the sound proof glass, Skye heard the dull boom, “400 mph, 600mph, stabilising at 743 mph.”

“Start the clock,” Skye said.

“What is his previous record?” Mike asked from the chair next to her.

“108 minutes. Let me know how it goes.”

“Sure, I’ll send you a text, have fun at the party.”

Skye nodded absently and swiped out of the building. Great she could go home and get changed. Maybe wear that sexy blue number. Jenna the new girl might agree to come with her, it was her birthday after all, but she hadn’t responded to any of Skye’s texts. Probably seeing some guy.

Skye smiled happily as she wandered through campus, thinking about the content of Brad’s pants and what she planned to do with it. She stopped just outside the student bar. Wait… what the hell? This was on the other side of campus. What was she doing here? On the other hand, maybe one quick drink to loosen her up. No such thing as too loose after all. She smiled to herself and entered the bar. She made her way to a small dark table in the corner and sat across from the short german lecturer with glasses.

“Hello my dear, and what’s your name?”
“Skye, Mr Tranz,” she said.
“Skye, very good, but there are formalities and we should observe them when we are alone, shouldn’t we? So let’s try that again. What’s your name?”
“Skye, master.” Skye said, the word coming out of her mouth as naturally as breathing.
“Very good. Now tell me what’s going on in that lab, and then you and I are going to have some fun..”

/////////////////
Anthony had booked the Sumtum Der in the East Village for Jenna’s Birthday. (http://www.somtumdernewyork.com) A taxi was sent to the University and she was escorted to the restaurant, where Anthony met her on the curb. He wore a light grey suit, black shirt and matching shoes, polished to a shine. (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1a/c4/c7/1ac4c7e13c62230f0d5da33ca40b03a6.jpg)

When Jenna steps from the taxi, he showers her with over the top compliments regarding her peerless beauty and how 21 looked good on her. Much better than 20, which was so last week.

Arm in arm he lead her to her seat and they ordered some of the finest Thai food in New York. Antony ordered white wine and followed Jenna’s lead on what she wanted.

During dinner he was quieter than usual, a little subdued, but when asked he dismisses his emotional state as being unimportant.
At the end of dinner he leans forward fixing his piercing eyes on her brown ones. “So where to from here? Dancing or…. Ice cream?”
 
Last edited:
Jenna felt...bad. Something felt different about him and she wasn’t quite sure what it was. She didn’t like it, and she felt bad for not liking it, because here this sweet man was taking her out for her birthday and telling her about different types of wine and vineyards-but something just wasn’t right. He’d complimented her cheekily at the onset but it kind of felt...forced? The whole thing felt a little forced. Like this wasn’t where he wanted to be, that he was just going through the motions. Why? Because he felt he had to? Because the plans had been prearranged? Because she was cute? She had worn the same dress and shoes as that first dinner date, mostly because he had liked the dress so much.

He wasn’t as charming, as smiling, as...something. She wasn’t sure. She tried to ask him about it but he dismissed her. Jenna drained the rest of her glass and neatly set it aside, her eyes averting themselves from his. “...well, maybe we could just go for a walk or...” She suggested. Normally, ice cream would have perked her right up-but she was feeling...out of sorts.

They hailed a taxi, both in a bit of brooding silence. She cast occasional side glances up to his face and they commented here and there on the scenery as they passed it, but it was so different from previous banter and it left her feeling a little...bereft.

“...I am sorry.” She half blurted, unable to take it anymore. “About how unavailable? I’ve been. I know it’s not ideal-I can try harder to balance my social life with...everything.” She turned to face him, take his other hand in hers. She felt conflicted. She liked Anthony. She wanted to spend more time with him, he was funny and he was charming and he was so nice, not to mention ridiculously handsome. But she couldn’t let her studies suffer. And Velocity...well, being Velocity was time intensive. She had a responsibility. She couldn’t put either on the back burner.

But didn’t he deserve better than being third in line to receive her time and attention? He'd taken her out multiple times and offered sincere, helpful advice. Had dropped everything and came to her when she'd been in tears. What, if anything, had she really done for him?

“I like you Anthony. I really, really do, you’re a great guy-but I do understand if-if-” She bit her lip, her eyes flicking away and then back again, a regretful sigh. “Things have cooled. If you want to pursue other opportunities, no hard feelings, okay? You deserve to be happy, really.” Her heart sank even as she said it, but she didn’t want him with her if he was feeling neglected or depressed or something.

Jenna looked a little anxious and genuinely remorseful-the petite dark eyed beauty sincere in her desire for his happiness.
 
"I like you Anthony. I really, really do, you’re a great guy-but I do understand if-if-” She bit her lip, her eyes flicking away and then back again, a regretful sigh. “Things have cooled. If you want to pursue other opportunities, no hard feelings, okay? You deserve to be happy, really.”

Anthony frowned and his eyes widened at her words. "I'm sorry, I'm being a shitty date. You deserve better than someone like me. I... I guess your right I don't want things to cool.I guess that makes me selfish.
I want something real. I don't think we are there yet, but I am not willing to give up on you. If you're willing to put up with my grumpy arse, maybe we could slow the date down with a cuddle and see where we go from there?"

He placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her small soft body into him. He kisses the top of her head and they cuddle for half a block before he lifts her chin and plants a soft kiss on her warm plump lips. He pulls away and stares into her eyes for a moment before kissing her again.
 
Selfish. For wanting to spend more time with her? Jenna didn't think that was selfish at all, and the pang of guilt that sliced through her heart at his words, his small confession, his willingness to sit and see what happened-well, it didn't make her feel very good. Especially not when he turned the blame on himself.

She had to be Velocity. She had to-she had sworn to it, felt responsible. Help the people of New York. Look out for the little guy. Stand for right as best she could, in the face of whatever might come her way.

She would make time for him. Even at the cost of more sleep, she would find time. Velocity could stand to go out a little later, and her studies wouldn't suffer if she studied a little less. Jenna hadn't allowed herself much free time, but for him...

Before she could articulate any of that, he pulled her close and kissed the top of her head. The affection was sweet and it was sincere, even if she did feel his mind was a little occupied with other things.

Jenna wrapped one of her arms around his front and hugged him close. Then again, wasn't hers?

He tipped her chin up and kissed her. Soft and sweet. And then he pulled back, and Jenna stared back into his blue eyes and...maybe she didn't want things to cool, either.

And what had she done for him, exactly?

Her small hand slid back over his hard chest as she straightened up slightly. Her eyes turned contemplative and a little smoky as they looked at each other for a moment. Her fingers gripped the material of his shirt as she met his kiss-and met it with fire, heedless of the driver and a little uncaring of decorum, for the moment. Or if being bold might make him think less of her. Maybe the wine had helped, or just his patience.

Sleuth had been a stranger. She had reacted in a way that had shamed and humiliated her, particularly after his insults. But Anthony-well, he damned well deserved that sort of attention, even if she had to start it herself. And the idea of it, of being a little bad on her birthday, of kissing Anthony in the back of a taxi of all places -well, it sent heat and excitement through her, made all this overthinking and anxiety about balancing all three aspects of her life a distant, banished thing.

Jenna had twisted to face him fully, one of her olive skinned legs bent and more on the seat than off, an accidental but tantalizing glimpse of her toned thigh when it caused the frilled skirt of the red dress to ride up a little.
 
The passion and heat in her kiss surprised him, but within half a second his mouth envelopes hers. His mouth parted and tongue dipped between the seam of her lips.

He slid over in the seat, and hand slipped over her bare back of her red skirt. He pulled her to him, crushing her breasts against his chest.

he couldn't take his hands off her and the fingers of his free hand danced over her toned mid-thigh. He stroked her with feather light touches, slowly advancing to the inside of her leg.
 
Last edited:
He responded, deepened the kiss-and Jenna didn't think about anything, anymore. That intense, fiery passion that had felt so foreign before had ignited in earnest now, and over nothing more than his kiss. He pulled her close, his large hand warm on her back. He crushed her to him and she half wondered if he could feel the rapid pulse of her heart through her breasts.

He felt every bit as good as Sleuth had in that damned closet. Better, because there wasn't a thick costume between them. Through the silk and his dress shirt, he was warm and she wanted to touch him, feel him under her fingertips-just as his dusted over her thigh, sending tingles down her spine and wherever he touched.

She wanted more, she needed more, in that intense, shameless way that drove her a little senseless, crazy. She had instinctively arched into him, her softer body moulded to his.
 
His lips moved to the nape of her neck, and he could feel the heat of her breath brushing his ear. He pushed his face deeper into the collar of her dress, nipping and teasing the skin of her neck and shoulder.

Her breasts pushed into him, and he could feel his need for her growing, drowning out all other thoughts.

He cupped the soft flesh of her buttock, pulling her so one of her legs straddled his. Her every touch shooting trills of electricity though his body.

With great effort he pulled himself back and instructed the driver to take them to his apartment. Then driver answered but his words were lost to Jenna kisses.
 
Jenna was breathless, the rise and fall of her chest slightly erratic as he moved his lips over her sensitive throat, nipped at her collar bone-Jesus. Could he tell? Did he know what he was doing to her, and so effortlessly?

His hand slipped under the skirt of her dress, slid along her thigh and to her bottom-her undergarments fringed with lace. There was that pleasant apple blossom and vanilla scent that seemed to cling to her soft skin, as enticing as the fanciest of perfumes despite the innocence of it.

He pulled away just long enough to give an address she didn't recognize-but she didn't care where they were going, in all honesty. She just kissed him again, as if she couldn't get enough of his mouth on hers.

///////////////////

Jenna's face was a little flushed as Anthony straightened up and rearranged her skirt proper, tucking a stray strand of hair back into her sideswept, longish bangs.

He helped her out of the car and held her hand, leading her inside and past the doorman. She was going home with him. Holy shit, this was crazy. SHE was crazy. But she wanted to, wanted this, wanted him-she couldn't help herself.

But she was supposed to be a lady. Civilized a-and- "I uh...I should probably apologize." She said, still sounding a little breathless, her dark, dark eyes a little dazed. They widened a fraction as she spoke next. "Public PDA is...is not typical of me? You just...you're very charming. And handsome. And warm." A pretty, somewhat embarrassed smile, and then that silvery laugh as the doors to the elevator closed.
 
Anthony raised his eye brows, a smile building at the corner of his lip. He hit the 17th flirt where his apartment was and waited for the door to close. Then he was on her again. His mouth covered hers and he grabbed the inside of her legs lifting her up so she was straddling his hips. He pinned her to the wall,his hands moving to her back caressing and grasping the olive skin around her shoulder blades.

His mouth found moved to her neck again and he drove his hips into hers, so she would be able to feel the effect her touches were having on him. he devoured and sucked, nipped and licked her neck. Each movement more frantic and urgent than the last.

He kissed her again, his tongue fencing with hers, and there was a high pitched ding and the elevator Stopped. An elderly couple were waiting on the other side of the door, and Anthony stumbled past them with Jenna still around his waist.

"Our stop," he whispered into her ear, his voice husky, and began weaving an uncertain path down the hall.

The elderly couple shook their heads and disappeared inside the elevator.
 
A benefit to dating a smaller woman-easy to lift and have her where you wanted her.

Jenna was surprised and a little alarmed-they were going to get caught, and by his neighbors and-oh God.

She couldn't think straight or clear enough to be anxious with his hands and lips on her skin. Her ankles crossed behind him as he lifted her effortlessly up, toned thighs on either side of his hips as he pinned her to the wall and drove himself into her further-pressing his arousal against her, an involuntary buck of her hips as the material of his pants and her lacy undergarment brushed against her.

He wanted her. He wanted her as much as she wanted him-his movements and kisses more frantic, making her feel more feverish in this intoxicating want. Part of her was horrified at her actions and reactions in a public setting-and part of her was perversely excited by them.

She felt a little overwhelmed but deliciously so-her hand on his shoulder, sliding over it and partially down his muscled back as the other threaded through his hair. He was so much stronger and bigger than she was. She wanted him to want her. She liked that he did.

"Anthony, I-"

The doors dinged and to her embarrassment-an elderly couple stood there, just as surprised as she was. Her face colored fetchingly and she went shock still. Jenna hid in the crook of Anthony's neck and broad shoulder with a little squeak-she made a move to get down, but he carried her past them and down the hall, his whisper in her ear making her skin tingle, making her forget all about their discovery, anticipation taking its place.
 
He made it as far as the door, at which point he had to put her down so he could get his keys. He fumbled for a minute like a drunk man, before the door finally clicked open. His apartment was a spacious studio with darkened windows offering a view of the city. The room was spotlessly clean except for the computer desk, which was piled high with papers.

A stainless steel kitchen, entirely too large for one person stretched to the left. The wall decorated with pots and pans, the cupboards containing plates and cutlery hidden in benches and so forth.

A door to the right led to the bathroom and one next to it the bedroom.

She's inexperienced, he reminded himself. Anthony removed his jacket and laid it on the bench, and then moved to a couch and leaned against it and turned to face her, allowing her space to explore and get comforts in this strange environment, all the while undressing her with his eyes. He hoped she would come to him.
 
Jenna trailed behind, closing the door neatly before she took a few steps into the spacious apartment. Her heart was still beating fast and she was a little dizzy-but the space gave her time to think.

She wasn't sure that was a good thing.

Jenna made for a pretty picture, the red of her dress standing out in the clean, stainless steel place, the dimmed lighting accentuating her skin tone. Her full lips were a little puffy from being kissed, and a blush was still apparant across her cheeks-that pretty updo having lost some of it's shape, a few locks of dark hair framing her lovely face.

Dark eyes looked around curiously, her fingers absently smoothing over the skirt of her dress, pressing it flat to her thighs and running her hands down to the hem absently.

The windows caught her eye, the petite woman never failing to be amazed by the skyline. "Oh, wow." She murmured, briefly distracted-before her eyes slid back to him-and the way he was looking at her made her pulse quicken again. Here they were, in his apartment...and she didn't know quite what to do next. The kiss in the taxi had been impulsive, and then he had returned it with similar intensity and she lost herself in that heat and fire again.

What now? She wanted to be near him, but now she felt a little awkward. Not ashamed of things, wanting...something, but not entirely sure what to do about it.

"You have a nice place. Um. Lovely view." Was she talking about the windows or him? Jenna gave another smile, this time slightly unsure.
 
Back
Top