Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Site News & Tech Support > Lit Tech Support

Old 02-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #176
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru

Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9

Old 02-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #177
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?

Old 02-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #178
Manu
Just A Lonely 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyAll View Post
A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?
This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again.
ee1

Old 02-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #179
Manu
Just A Lonely 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashesh9 View Post
Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9
Sorry for the problem, we are working on it now!

In the meantime, please feel free to use the old Control Panel.

Hopefully fixed soon.
ee1

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #180
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again.

1. Having a refresh feature for an individual story, after searching for it, would be great. Sounds practical too, since I won't have to keep reloading the entire page.

2. An update for the Activity Feeds would also be awesome, since it'll save the author the hassle of constantly (and in my case, obsessively) having to refresh the page to see if there is any new activity.

Just like Twitter, right? Everytime you're on someones page, and there's a new tweet, it points it out, that there's a new tweet there. Or if someone follows you or tweets to you, there's an icon that new activity is happening.

For both of those things, twitter provides a number too, of how many new actions have taken place.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:29 AM   #181
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

QUICK QUESTION

I recently signed up to be an editor, but I noticed that the new panel doesn't have an editor's panel. What will happen with that?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:31 AM   #182
Green_Knight
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Thank you again.
No, I definitely DON'T want self-updating stats. I look at my stats every morning and cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet. I do this at roughly the same time every day so that the results are consistent. If I know I'm not going to have time to update the spreadsheet there and then, I call up the View Submissions page at the normal and leave it open in my browser until I have time to update the spreadsheet. It would defeat the purpose if that page updated in the meantime - or even while I was updating the spreadsheet.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #183
MindsMirror
Really Experienced

We'd be fine with updates pushed to the https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/published page.
There was some mention of the little bar chart actually maintaining stats for authors. Are there any more details about that?

-MM

Old 02-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #184
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Is there going to be a way to see who has bookmarked your stories?

All Stories By TxRad

Old 02-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #185
kcRollins
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Is there going to be a way to see who has bookmarked your stories?
Can someone please tell me why, when I log in, I still get the old interface?
Proud to be Playgrounder #404 (Although I think he got the numbers backwards)

My BDSM Stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

P.S. No that's not me

What Would You Do?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #186
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcRollins View Post
Can someone please tell me why, when I log in, I still get the old interface?
Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 AM   #187
hfernandez1983
Really Really Experienced

So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

any ideas what i should do next?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #188
Manu
Just A Lonely 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfernandez1983 View Post
So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

Sorry about the problem and thank you for the report.

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

Thank you and sorry again for the trouble.
ee1

Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #189
hfernandez1983
Really Really Experienced

Quote:

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

I'm Uploading .PNG files. Do i need to convert them to JPEG? Earier I think I remeber uplading PNG through the old system and it seemed to work.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #190
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru

Talking glitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfernandez1983 View Post

Manu ,
this happened with me also : then I uploaded my Adult comics submission vide old Contr. Panel
regards,
ash9

Old 02-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #191
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru

Thumbs up Kudos

Quote:

One good feature 'bout the new Panel is it tells me Pronto , somebody has 'Fave'-ed my story or is following me etc.
Also now I know exactly how many poems[ I'd frankly lost count] , how many artworks , how many stories I hv published !!!
Thank you , Manu!
---ash9

Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #192
basura
No

In the "Reading Lists" section, we can add single stories to our lists, but there is no way to add a series. It would be nice to have this so we get notified when a new story is added to the series, without needing to favorite the author because I may like a particular story or theme (say SciFi) and not be interested in everything else he writes (say poetry).

Old 02-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #193
kcRollins
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.

You're always so helpful. That makes complete sense. Now all I have to do is find the new interface lol

My BDSM Stories:

P.S. No that's not me

What Would You Do?

Old 02-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #194
kcRollins
Literotica Guru

Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?

My BDSM Stories:

P.S. No that's not me

What Would You Do?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #195
MindsMirror
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcRollins View Post
Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?
We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM

Old 02-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #196
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

A REQUEST

For the Activities Feed, would it be possible to have something like twitter?

Meaning, when there is new activity, suddenly the screen will show something like "2 new activities." Then you click on it, and it scrolls down.

Having to refresh the new panel for updates takes longer to load than the old panel.

thanks

heyall

Old 02-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #197
kcRollins
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindsMirror View Post
We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM
Thank you for your response. Does that mean that the ratings won't change?

My BDSM Stories:

P.S. No that's not me

What Would You Do?

Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #198
Daydreamed
Virgin

When I try to go to my favourites to read a story the following is what I get instead. I am not sure what's happening or what to do about it.

Favorite Stories

784 stories.
My all-time favorite stories I've read on Literotica.

You do not have this reading list

You haven't added any stories to this reading list yet.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #199
TobbyB
Virgin

Reading List

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know an easier way to add stories to different reading lists. So far if I favorite a story and then go to my Favorites page then I click on the book mark and I can select or deselect lists for each story. I was wondering if there was a way to select a different list from the story page?
Thanks

Old 02-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #200
WNDRWolf
Virgin

Wow I did not know these forums were here. Ok I have an idea, could you link the control panel to the app. I use the app a lot and the control panel would look good there.