Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Site News & Tech Support > Lit Tech Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #176
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru
 
Ashesh9 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #177
HeyAll
Literotica Guru
 
HeyAll is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Here and there.
Posts: 3,749
A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #178
Manu
Just A Lonely 2
 
Manu's Avatar
 
Manu is offline
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Planet of Sound
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyAll View Post
A REQUEST

When it comes to checking my stats for a particular story, I simply refresh the page to get the latest numbers.

For the new site, I have to use "search works" to find my story. BUT if I want to refresh the page and get the latest numbers, it takes me back to My Works at the very beginning.

That means I'll essentially have to keep re-searching my story everytime I hit refresh.

Can anything be done about this?
This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again.
__________________
test
etee
t
ee1
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #179
Manu
Just A Lonely 2
 
Manu's Avatar
 
Manu is offline
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Planet of Sound
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashesh9 View Post
Manu,
I've got 15 odd stories , some artworks, many poems published here but I got a message from new control panel" sorry you've not published anything yet." ??
plz look into the glitch : but these are teething/initial proba I'm sure your techies will smoothen out all issues eventually and I really adore the new panel when it is Not flashing above , impugned message !!
best regards,
ash9
Sorry for the problem, we are working on it now!

In the meantime, please feel free to use the old Control Panel.

Hopefully fixed soon.
__________________
test
etee
t
ee1
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #180
HeyAll
Literotica Guru
 
HeyAll is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Here and there.
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again.

1. Having a refresh feature for an individual story, after searching for it, would be great. Sounds practical too, since I won't have to keep reloading the entire page.

2. An update for the Activity Feeds would also be awesome, since it'll save the author the hassle of constantly (and in my case, obsessively) having to refresh the page to see if there is any new activity.

Just like Twitter, right? Everytime you're on someones page, and there's a new tweet, it points it out, that there's a new tweet there. Or if someone follows you or tweets to you, there's an icon that new activity is happening.

For both of those things, twitter provides a number too, of how many new actions have taken place.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 01:29 AM   #181
HeyAll
Literotica Guru
 
HeyAll is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Here and there.
Posts: 3,749
QUICK QUESTION

I recently signed up to be an editor, but I noticed that the new panel doesn't have an editor's panel. What will happen with that?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 05:31 AM   #182
Green_Knight
Literotica Guru
 
Green_Knight is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Beyond the bounds of possibility
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
This is good info, thank you. You need a way to refresh the stats without re-loading the page, is that right?

We have spent quite a bit of time working on a way to update Activity Feeds in real time (this feature is not fully ready/launched yet), but I don't think we've worked on live stats updates on stories. Adding a button or something to allow you to refresh the stats on the page (rather than having to reload your browser) doesn't sound too difficult. Let me do some research/testing.

Is there anyone else reading this who agrees that you need a better way to refresh your stats?

Thank you again.
No, I definitely DON'T want self-updating stats. I look at my stats every morning and cut and paste the results into a spreadsheet. I do this at roughly the same time every day so that the results are consistent. If I know I'm not going to have time to update the spreadsheet there and then, I call up the View Submissions page at the normal and leave it open in my browser until I have time to update the spreadsheet. It would defeat the purpose if that page updated in the meantime - or even while I was updating the spreadsheet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #183
MindsMirror
Really Experienced
 
MindsMirror is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: jusqu'au point de non-retour
Posts: 230
We'd be fine with updates pushed to the https://www.literotica.com/my/#/works/stories/published page.
There was some mention of the little bar chart actually maintaining stats for authors. Are there any more details about that?

-MM
__________________
Our Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #184
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 34,800
Is there going to be a way to see who has bookmarked your stories?
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #185
kcRollins
Literotica Guru
 
kcRollins's Avatar
 
kcRollins is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Is there going to be a way to see who has bookmarked your stories?
Can someone please tell me why, when I log in, I still get the old interface?
__________________
Proud to be Playgrounder #404 (Although I think he got the numbers backwards)

My BDSM Stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions




P.S. No that's not me




What Would You Do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #186
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 34,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcRollins View Post
Can someone please tell me why, when I log in, I still get the old interface?
Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 04:26 AM   #187
hfernandez1983
Really Really Experienced
 
hfernandez1983 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 367
So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

any ideas what i should do next?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #188
Manu
Just A Lonely 2
 
Manu's Avatar
 
Manu is offline
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Planet of Sound
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfernandez1983 View Post
So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

any ideas what i should do next?
Sorry about the problem and thank you for the report.

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

Thank you and sorry again for the trouble.
__________________
test
etee
t
ee1
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #189
hfernandez1983
Really Really Experienced
 
hfernandez1983 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Sorry about the problem and thank you for the report.

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

Thank you and sorry again for the trouble.
I'm Uploading .PNG files. Do i need to convert them to JPEG? Earier I think I remeber uplading PNG through the old system and it seemed to work.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #190
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru
 
Ashesh9 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Talking glitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfernandez1983 View Post
So, tried to use the new system to upload artwork. It Didnt work. I upload the pictures and then click PREVIEW ARTWORK button. It takes about a minute and then I get an error stating FAILED TO FETCH.

any ideas what i should do next?
Manu ,
this happened with me also : then I uploaded my Adult comics submission vide old Contr. Panel
regards,
ash9
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #191
Ashesh9
Literotica Guru
 
Ashesh9 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Thumbs up Kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Sorry about the problem and thank you for the report.

I just tested it using two JPG files and it worked for me. Is this happening every time you upload a file or only for certain files? Also, what file type(s) are the ones causing the problems.

Thank you and sorry again for the trouble.
One good feature 'bout the new Panel is it tells me Pronto , somebody has 'Fave'-ed my story or is following me etc.
Also now I know exactly how many poems[ I'd frankly lost count] , how many artworks , how many stories I hv published !!!
Thank you , Manu!
---ash9
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #192
basura
No
 
basura is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
In the "Reading Lists" section, we can add single stories to our lists, but there is no way to add a series. It would be nice to have this so we get notified when a new story is added to the series, without needing to favorite the author because I may like a particular story or theme (say SciFi) and not be interested in everything else he writes (say poetry).
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #193
kcRollins
Literotica Guru
 
kcRollins's Avatar
 
kcRollins is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Are you logging in from the same bookmark as always or a new one for the new interface? If i use my old bookmark it goes to the old interface.

You're always so helpful. That makes complete sense. Now all I have to do is find the new interface lol
__________________
Proud to be Playgrounder #404 (Although I think he got the numbers backwards)

My BDSM Stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions




P.S. No that's not me




What Would You Do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #194
kcRollins
Literotica Guru
 
kcRollins's Avatar
 
kcRollins is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9,331
Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?
__________________
Proud to be Playgrounder #404 (Although I think he got the numbers backwards)

My BDSM Stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions




P.S. No that's not me




What Would You Do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #195
MindsMirror
Really Experienced
 
MindsMirror is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: jusqu'au point de non-retour
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcRollins View Post
Found it, but have another question.

My current link to submissions leads to the old interface. How do I get a new link for readers? Or does it matter?
We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM
__________________
Our Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #196
HeyAll
Literotica Guru
 
HeyAll is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Here and there.
Posts: 3,749
A REQUEST

For the Activities Feed, would it be possible to have something like twitter?

Meaning, when there is new activity, suddenly the screen will show something like "2 new activities." Then you click on it, and it scrolls down.

Having to refresh the new panel for updates takes longer to load than the old panel.

thanks

heyall
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #197
kcRollins
Literotica Guru
 
kcRollins's Avatar
 
kcRollins is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindsMirror View Post
We don't think they have released the new reader interface. Probably all of the authors are very interested to see it before the readers, due to the limitations seen in the android app.

-MM
Thank you for your response. Does that mean that the ratings won't change?
__________________
Proud to be Playgrounder #404 (Although I think he got the numbers backwards)

My BDSM Stories:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions




P.S. No that's not me




What Would You Do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #198
Daydreamed
Virgin
 
Daydreamed is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
When I try to go to my favourites to read a story the following is what I get instead. I am not sure what's happening or what to do about it.


Favorite Stories

784 stories.
My all-time favorite stories I've read on Literotica.

You do not have this reading list

You haven't added any stories to this reading list yet.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #199
TobbyB
Virgin
 
TobbyB is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Reading List

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know an easier way to add stories to different reading lists. So far if I favorite a story and then go to my Favorites page then I click on the book mark and I can select or deselect lists for each story. I was wondering if there was a way to select a different list from the story page?
Thanks
__________________
TobbyB
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #200
WNDRWolf
Virgin
 
WNDRWolf is offline
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1
Wow I did not know these forums were here. Ok I have an idea, could you link the control panel to the app. I use the app a lot and the control panel would look good there.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.